Any word on new Johnnys Club Miami

capebeachboy
This topic is 4657 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I was at Swinging Richards in Atlanta last weekend and a dancer told me that he has a friend who danced at Johnny's on opening night. He said the club was packed and was beautiful. Apparently they have private dance areas. I'll be in Miami in July and I'll file a report!

Photos

Haven't been yet but here are some links to photos so you can see the type of dancers.

Last time I was in Fort Lauderdale at Johnny's, I met a new dancer from Houston, Texas who had moved to Miami and was going to dance at the new location. He was fine! Definitely a rookie but wow! I don't see him in those pictures so I hope to see him next time I am in South Florida.

http://www.miami-gay-blog.com/index.php/pictures/jhonnys-miami-pictures

http://www.jumponmarkslist.com/iso/us/fl/mia/images/mp/johnnys/2011/062311_1.htm

They advertise dancers from 6pm to 4 am:

http://www.jumponmarkslist.com/iso/us/fl/mia/bars/johnnys-miami-062911-tm-a.jpg

Stripfan

• 4 weeks later...
I went to Johnny's last week and all i can say is...Yuck! If you like skinny latinos who are one hormone shot away from being women, you will like Johnny's. One dancer was even asleep at the bar! Stick with the old standby Twist.

I betcha Karl-G will wet his pants from the excitement of hearing this news !

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_P1YChrwWvOs/THOdGsmmMbI/AAAAAAAAChU/pJdEvmBWnTc/s1600/Bozo.bmp

****BOZO****

I went to Johnny's last week and all i can say is...Yuck! If you like skinny latinos who are one hormone shot away from being women, you will like Johnny's. One dancer was even asleep at the bar! Stick with the old standby Twist.

LOL. As you say yuck! If that is the sort of talent they plan to have there, the place is doomed. Miami is a very different market than Ft Lauderdale. Skinny girlish twink dancers won't cut it with the miami crowd. Gotta have at least 50% macho muscle guys or no-one will go.

Ironically, I was in Miami last week and had intended to try out johnny's but could not pull myself away from Twist. Now I'm glad I didn't go to Johnny's. The manager andoteher staff at Twist say they have seen no drop off in business since Johnny's opened. Based on what I saw at Twist on Tues,Wed,Thurs I would agree it is business as usual at Twist.

• 1 month later...

Good news on the horizon? I guess Johnny's management decided that having a second club with predominately skinny, effeminate Latina twink dancers won't cut it in South Florida. Based on their ad (below) in Hot Spots Magazine, Johnny's in Miami is recruiting muscleboys and and jock types.

Twinks and limp-wristed fems need not apply...... Sorry, Karl G

http://www.johnnysbarfl.com/data/files/JOHNNYS_classified_05_muscle_www.jpg

Now if Johnny's in Fort Lauderdale can only adopt this business model, there may be hope for that club as well.

PS. Any word on who's the headliner at next Friday's big Labor Day weekend Hip Hop Bash at Johnny's in Lauderdale? I'm all psyched. I'm getting fitted for a new doo-rag and gold front teeth for the big event. And with the price of gold these days, that ain't cheap !

http://a3.l3-images.myspacecdn.com/profile01/141/a0de1a977dfc47b6a503fb8b62a4e88a/p.jpg

Well I'm pleased that Johnny's Miami is trying to make some changes. Hopefully they will succeed. The old formula was a recipe for failure. I am really shocked that they did not understand the Miami market when they opened up and had the twinks running around.

I just arrived Miami tonight....so maybe I will pop by this week.

So I went by Johnny's Miami last night (Thursday night) whilst visiting South Florida. I only stayed about 30 minutes and my impressions were as follows:

PLUSES

* Nice layout. Potential to be an interesting place.

* Sizeable outdoor portion for smokers or those that want to get some fresh air.

* Free rum & cokes on Thursday from 10:00pm till midnight.

* Lots of staff. Three or four bartenders. Lots of security outside.

* Plenty of dancers....maybe 15. Two or three kind of hunky dancers. One had serious muscle.

* Good mix of ethnic dancers. Mostly Latin & Black but 1-2 white guys too.

MINUSES

* Too many skinny queeny twink dancers (for my taste at least).

* Neighborhood seems pretty iffy....although there was plenty of security outside

so I did not really feel unsafe waiting for my taxi.

* Seems to draw quite a young crowd. Whilst this can be interesting, I don't know

how the dancers will do financially when most of the clients were in their 20's & 30's.

* Music is way too loud....just like in the Ft. Lauderdale club

* Smoking allowed inside. Really, this is a problem Florida wide not just at Johnny's

Overall, it was OK for a short visit. The over-representation of skinny twinks will be a problem for them. They need more of a mix of guys. Really need 6-7 muscle macho guys to hold my interest. Also, there was to be a drag show later on (I did not stay for it). In my experience, mixing lots of drag with the dancers can get problematic if the focus is taken off the dancers. I don't see how any decent dancer could make a living there if the crowd is consistently guys in their 20-30's. Nothing against that age group, it's just that guys with money in their pocket tend to be 40's and up. Johnn's needs to decide what it wants to be.

Archived