Out of curiosity -- Are there any other Little Monsters Here?

leigh.bess.toad
This topic is 4792 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

As promised LBT here is the highlights from tuesdays show

right after the Palm springs event.

I went the next day 5 hours early and

had early admission gen admin tickets.

the place was on fire. I thought about you

We def should go to see her sometime together

keep in mind there was no way I could have even grabbed

a small part of how amazing the show was so I did my best

[video=youtube;yTbs6jPtBHM]

Guest antoanvegas
I have been fortunate enough to see GAGA many times once at a small intimate venue in San Francisco before she was a super star I go every chance I get because she is amazing she writes most all her music and lyrics and works her ass off.

90% of her music is awesome

so yes I am a little monster BIG TIME.

Dont like a few of her new songs but most of it I love especially her more rock & roll songs.

I cant wait to see her live again in March my biggest fear is that she will go too far because she became so famous so damn fast.

[video=youtube;NM51qOpwcIM]

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/1250/ladygagapicturesbefores.jpghttp://img683.imageshack.us/img683/1250/ladygagapicturesbefores.jpg

Agree with you absolutely, great texts, great music, great videos. Very talented musician.

I was at her concert last night with a client of mine. It is great to see how an incredibly talented performer (NOT A CELEBRITY) uses her power to promote open-mindness not to mention the incredible amount of help to several charities that she helps with. Her concert at the MGM Grand last night was - of course - sold out and everybody had a really good time! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!

stage side

if I were you I would get there very early to line up and go to your left hand side of the stage as close as you can get.

I f you were lucky enough to get early admission Vip tickets then you will be in a great place other wise your left as close as you can get the middle of the etended stage is not used as much but position yourself in the corner if you can as you will see best from there.

at least thats how it was during the Oakland show as the (your right) side of the stage has lots of props stored so I may be wrong it may depend on the venue.

HAVE FUN !!

if I were you I would get there very early to line up and go to your left hand side of the stage as close as you can get.

I f you were lucky enough to get early admission Vip tickets then you will be in a great place other wise your left as close as you can get the middle of the etended stage is not used as much but position yourself in the corner if you can as you will see best from there.

at least thats how it was during the Oakland show as the (your right) side of the stage has lots of props stored so I may be wrong it may depend on the venue.

HAVE FUN !!

Thank you David. I know exactly the spots you are talking about. I have a thing for "So happy I could die", I hope she performs it exactly as the last time I saw her. Thanks for the great video. P.S. your new pics...yum!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not fond of "Judas." Pretty disappointed with it. But I know she can't please everybody with every song she releases. The lyrics and arrangement for "Born this way" was so perfect. I don't think the chorus's house music suits this song at all. It isn't good for dance. The arrangement is just very boring. I'm a huge Lady GaGa fan, but this song did not rise to my expectations. Perhaps it will grow on me over time.

I'm not fond of "Judas." Pretty disappointed with it. But I know she can't please everybody with every song she releases. The lyrics and arrangement for "Born this way" was so perfect. I don't think the chorus's house music suits this song at all. It isn't good for dance. The arrangement is just very boring. I'm a huge Lady GaGa fan, but this song did not rise to my expectations. Perhaps it will grow on me over time.

I have only listened to it once but I feel the same way

Thank god, because I'm with you too. It just doesn't do it for me. I was starting to feel like a hereic. Whew. Like RCR, maybe it'll grow on me. But as for me, this may be her first miss in a long, LONG time.

But it's all right. Not every work is a gem. I remember a review of some performance of a symphony by a well known composer, but the review read: "Composer X's symphony is a rarely performed work. Last night our local symphony showed us why".

It's not the greatest song ever but it is possibly the most intriguing pop songs to come out so far this year. The song lyrics are apparently deeply meaningful for Lady GaGa. She uses the term Judas as a metaphor for a man who betrayed her. In this case it is purportedly about her current boyfriend Luc Carl who has cheated on her in the past (Gaga has hinted the song was about him and he has confirmed himself he is the Judas she is referring to). The fact that she uses "Judas," the most hated and well known betrayer in history is relevant and brilliant. And the fact that some critics find the song sacreligious or anti-Christian seems ridiculous to me--it's simply a metaphor for her own feelings of betrayal.

Here is Weird Al's Version http://www.popeater.com/2011/04/20/lady-gaga-weird-al-yankovic-born-this-way-parody/

INTRO:

It doesn't matter if you love him, or capital H-I-M

Just put your paws up'

cause you were Born This Way, Baby

VERSE:

MY MAMA TOLD ME WHEN I WAS YOUNG

WE ARE ALL BORN SUPERSTARS

SHE ROLLED MY HAIR AND PUT MY LIPSTICK ON

IN THE GLASS OF HER BOUDOIR

"THERE'S NOTHIN WRONG WITH LOVIN WHO YOU ARE"

SHE SAID, "'CAUSE HE MADE YOU PERFECT, BABE"

"SO HOLD YOUR HEAD UP GIRL AND YOU'LL GO FAR,

LISTEN TO ME WHEN I SAY"

CHORUS:

I'M BEAUTIFUL IN MY WAY

'CAUSE GOD MAKES NO MISTAKES

I'M ON THE RIGHT TRACK BABY

I WAS BORN THIS WAY

DON'T HIDE YOURSELF IN REGRET

JUST LOVE YOURSELF AND YOU'RE SET

I WAS BORN THIS WAY

POST-CHORUS:

OOO THERE AIN'T NO OTHER WAY

BABY I WAS BORN THIS WAY

BABY I WAS BORN THIS WAY

OOO THERE AIN'T NO OTHER WAY

BABY I WAS BORN-

I WAS BORN THIS WAY

DON'T BE A DRAG -JUST BE A QUEEN

DON'T BE!

VERSE:

GIVE YOURSELF PRUDENCE

AND LOVE YOUR FRIENDS

SUBWAY KID, REJOICE YOUR TRUTH

IN THE RELIGION OF THE INSECURE

I MUST BE MYSELF, RESPECT MY YOUTH

A DIFFERENT LOVER IS NOT A SIN

BELIEVE CAPITAL H-I-M (HEY HEY HEY)

I LOVE MY LIFE I LOVE THIS RECORD AND

MI AMORE VOLE FE YAH (LOVE NEEDS FAITH)

REPEAT CHORUS + POST-CHORUS

BRIDGE:

DON'T BE A DRAG, JUST BE A QUEEN

WHETHER YOU'RE BROKE OR EVERGREEN

YOU'RE BLACK, WHITE, BEIGE, CHOLA DESCENT

YOU'RE LEBANESE, YOU'RE ORIENT

WHETHER LIFE'S DISABILITIES

LEFT YOU OUTCAST, BULLIED, OR TEASED

REJOICE AND LOVE YOURSELF TODAY

'CAUSE BABY YOU WERE BORN THIS WAY

NO MATTER GAY, STRAIGHT, OR BI,

LESBIAN, TRANSGENDERED LIFE

I WAS BORN TO SURVIVE

NO MATTER BLACK, WHITE OR BEIGE

CHOLA OR ORIENT MADE

I WAS BORN TO BE BRAVE

REPEAT CHORUS

OUTRO/REFRAIN:

I WAS BORN THIS WAY HEY!

I WAS BORN THIS WAY HEY!

I WAS BORN THIS WAY HEY!

I WAS BORN THIS WAY HEY!

I WAS BORN THIS WAY HEY!

I WAS BORN THIS WAY HEY!

God, I love Weird Al too. I'm glad to see Gaga has changed her mind. The parody is hysterical. Thanks PK.

She didn't actually change her mind. The story is that her manager had made the decision without informing her. She's actually a big Weird Al fan. Btw, I love that Al is donating all of the proceeds but I just wish he had chosen a more worthwhile charity than the useless and irrelevant Human Rights Campaign. P.S. Yeah, his lyrics are too funny!

Archived