Craigslist Help Please

EZEtoGRU
This topic is 4913 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Don't know if this is the right forum but here goes. I have started to dabble with running Craigslist ads in the Casual Encounters and Men Seeking Men sections. Over the last 2 months, I have tried to post probably around 20 ads in different cities I was travelling to at the time. 70% of the time, the ads do not post successfully and I really don't know why. According to my account page, the ad is active but in fact it never posted. I don't really understand the problem.

I have heard that CL has some filters that automatically review ads and that sometimes a post will not pass through the filter successfully. BTW, I am not soliciting for Rentboys on CL. There is no discussion of $ in my postings. Also, no obvious discriminatory language.....although I do list some of my preferences.

What gives? What are the key words that can trigger an ad not to post? Are there any experienced CL users out there? Help!!

I too use CL ads when travelling and in doing so, I've met some nice and very obliging guys.

I too do NOT mention money: as an older top looking for a fit muscled younger bottom, I find guys looking to make extra $ mention it in their replies lol. (FWIW my experience has been 30% paid, 70% unpaid hook-ups) I sometimes say 'I've a generous nature ' or something similarly ambiguous.

I wish I could help but I've not encountered your problem. Do you post in the local language? When you've submitted your post, do you get asked to fill in the box with the 2 generated words to prove you're not a spammer, and then receive a note that your posting is successful? And you know it takes about 15 minutes for the posting to appear after you've had

the confirmation email from CL?

I too use CL ads when travelling and in doing so, I've met some nice and very obliging guys.

I too do NOT mention money: as an older top looking for a fit muscled younger bottom, I find guys looking to make extra $ mention it in their replies lol. (FWIW my experience has been 30% paid, 70% unpaid hook-ups) I sometimes say 'I've a generous nature ' or something similarly ambiguous.

I wish I could help but I've not encountered your problem. Do you post in the local language? When you've submitted your post, do you get asked to fill in the box with the 2 generated words to prove you're not a spammer, and then receive a note that your posting is successful? And you know it takes about 15 minutes for the posting to appear after you've had

the confirmation email from CL?

Thanks for your response MscleLovr. So far I have only used CL in the US.....so no language issues. And yes I have filled in the two boxes and then received an email confirming the posting......and then it never posts. I assume I am putting something in the post that the filter does not like. Frankly, I find it all very frustrating.

Archived