Trophy boys (Bored houseboys) of NYC... TV show

cany10011
This topic is 4978 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Those who found interest in "Queer Eye" will probably think this show with apparently NOTHING BUT "Self Absorbed" Homosexuals that "apparently" are living Large in NYC Entertaining ?

BUT I'm pretty sure the "rest of us" who bother to watch won't be back for the 2nd Episode!

BUT since LOGO thinks their programming is so good (it stinks) they will undoubtedly Advertise it 30 Times a Day as a Hit...LOL "Buffy The Vampire" runs 10 Times a day? Give me a break.....

The only reason I ever had the LOGO channel is because it is "Packaged" with BBC America!

I'm guessing the Lesbians have quite a say towards their Programming no doubt. BUT the Buffy Willow Lesbian Storyline wasn't even in the Entire Series?

"Willow" was a Lesbian for how long? Yet they feel this is GAY Entertainment? They must have gotten these now aged re-runs real cheap!

Now RuPaul also is turning into the "Emeril Lagase" of LOGO..Everything DRAG 24/7 instead of his Cooking Shows up the ying yang 24/7 on the FOOD Channel..

Do that many MEN find Drag that Entertaining? Don't think so!

At this point I pretty much figured that they'd purchased the series outright. I miss Xena--at least that series was funny.

Emeril I try to avoid. Many years ago I ate his food at a special event at one of our local restaurants. The food from the regular menu was better. As far as I could tell, it was more about selling his books than getting spectacular food on the table.

I won't be watching so I'd appreciate a rundown. How long before the "Aspiring Princesses" become "Expiring Princesses"? I can't remember the title, but Logo has a new talk show. "Gossip Queens"? I think I lasted about 5 minutes before I switched to the history channel. I'll take a rerun of"Engineering and Empire" over this stuff any day of the week.

I am considering canceling LOGO because of this. The "A-List" show was the cover story of this week's Next magazine, and the title of the article was "Why Does Everyone Hate The A-List? When No One Has Seen It."

Article went on to say, even though it's a rip-off of Housewives of (fill in the blank) the haters will be the first ones watching it.

I don't watch any of the "Housewives" although have seen some episodes when FI housemates were watching, but it's quite stupid, and really replaces the soap opera for entertainment. Still it doesn't bother me...

So why am I bothered by this show? Perhaps because it's skewering "MY" group. (Although I am not a kept, self-indulgent hottie, so perhaps it's not "my group" after all.) But I fear the average viewer will just assume all NY gays are like this. (Just as I think they assume all NJ housewives are like that gang.)

Reichen Lehmkuhl, a contestant whose qualifications are that he won The Amazing Race and dated Lance Bass, compared himself to Jennifer Hudson: 'Here's this girl who wants to be famous and rich. People love that she is trying to do that. If I do that�--if I have goals of fame or money, work really hard and am really tenatious--then I am just some jerk trying to be famous." News for you Reichen...Jennifer Hudson has (said in a whisper) talent.

Another of the contestants compared himself to Pedro Zamora from MTVs Real World, as being a positive role model.

I admittedly haven't seen this show yet, (and probably won't,) but with the producers of Housewives in charge, I am suspicious that these guys will not be exactly presented as positive role models.

I won't be watching so I'd appreciate a rundown. How long before the "Aspiring Princesses" become "Expiring Princesses"? I can't remember the title, but Logo has a new talk show. "Gossip Queens"? I think I lasted about 5 minutes before I switched to the history channel. I'll take a rerun of"Engineering and Empire" over this stuff any day of the week.

Totally Agree. 4 Comedians who sit around and try to Out Funny each other! Very little GOSSIP.. "It ain't working" I unfortunately caught the Bobby Trendy Character from Anna Nicole Fame on that show...He's just another Wack Job!

BUT I am a Big "Lonnie Love" Fan but she works better on Chelsea Lately!

Well, last evening I watched about forty minutes of "A-List" and merely liked it for the "eye candy" which was presented. Because I am still on European time-- I could not keep my eyes opened until the end. ...don't know if I'll become a regular or not because the content of this show is rather superficial!

Sky has a good point. This kind of show does nothing for the community. LOGO, once again, produces a bomb.

After watching one episode of this junk, it's clear that not one of these guys could even get onto the 'waiting A-list.' It's a group of hangers-on, has-been's and never-was's. I imagine that no truly successful Manhattan homosexual would touch this show with a ten foot pole, so LOGO had to work with what they had.

I don't worry about what it does or doesn't do for the community. It's a reality show, and so by definition isn't even close to real. My gripe with LOGO is that their programming as a whole is both limited and repetitive. These days they're lucky if I even check the program guide to see what they're showing. They have a built in audience that's so starved for programming that we'll watch a really, really low budget film simply because it has a gay component. Based on the reactions of this board, they're quickly losing that built in audience. Sad.

Pure entertainment... not really reality...

at least for me. The show really plays on the "gay" stereotypes of hairdressers/stylists, model/actors, and rentboy turned models (Austin is cute in a chubby frat boy way). There are plenty of other accomplished gay men in new york who do not fit the gay stereotype, and i'm sure would not be caught dead advertising their dirty laundry in public like this reality show.

That being said, it's just pure entertainment, lots of eye candy, and some silly drama. It's almost a guilty pleasure for me to see things like that as it bears no semblance of reality for me (except for weekends on fire island when there's the usual drama associated with extra house guests, furtive hookups, etc...)

I don't worry about what it does or doesn't do for the community. It's a reality show, and so by definition isn't even close to real. My gripe with LOGO is that their programming as a whole is both limited and repetitive. These days they're lucky if I even check the program guide to see what they're showing. They have a built in audience that's so starved for programming that we'll watch a really, really low budget film simply because it has a gay component. Based on the reactions of this board, they're quickly losing that built in audience. Sad.

Sky has a good point. This kind of show does nothing for the community. LOGO, once again, produces a bomb.

After watching one episode of this junk, it's clear that not one of these guys could even get onto the 'waiting A-list.' It's a group of hangers-on, has-been's and never-was's. I imagine that no truly successful Manhattan homosexual would touch this show with a ten foot pole, so LOGO had to work with what they had.

Can LOGO ever truly produce something great? Do they have the money/muscle?

Their self-identified target audience is (depending on the estimate you believe) roughly 10% of the population. Is there really enough advertising money there to make a successful network, much less a successful production?

HBO had a big success with "Queer as Folk" but HBO casts a far wider net audience-wise. According to the numbers I saw, a huge number of straight women tuned in to see the pretty gay boys take off their clothes and get naughty. Will those straight women tune in to LOGO?

As far as "A-List" itself, nobody who actually *is* A-List would come anywhere near the show.

Archived