Cooper

RED LIGHT REVUE

609 W. 29th St. between 11th & 12th Avenues

NYC

http://www.redlightrevueny.com

Wednesday nights only.

Doors open 5pm

Happy hour 5pm-7pm

I attended opening night of the Red Light Revue not knowing what to expect. Well, I was impressed with what I saw and I look forward to returning again.

If you were to ask me how to design the floor plan for a male strip club, the Red Light Revue is what I would have come up with.

The Club, aka Amnesia, is completely renovated and large with 4 floors. You enter into a good size dance floor with a modern bar to the left and sofa seating on the other sides of the dance floor.

On the 2nd floor (loft) you have a good size raised center stage (which can be seen from all floors and all sides, I really liked it), a 2nd large bar in the rear, and a dimly lit lap dance area around the back of the stage. Many private love seat areas to choose from and only patrons who are doing lap dances are permitted to enter this area.

The 3rd floor is for private dances. The area is closed off with curtains and the room has several sofas set up so no one is facing the other person. It's not private rooms.

The lower level is where the rest rooms are located. New, modern, spotless, large, and all done in marble. Wait till you see these shell shaped sinks with a waterfall flowing out. The handsome attendant will even squirt soap into your hands and give you a towel to dry off. And, don't forget your breath mint when leaving.

It's really a well designed and nicely decorated club. One of the nicest strip clubs I've been to in a long time.

There were about 15 dancers, some I recognized from the 20 Club and a few were new to me. Two of my favorites were newcomers Lukas and Olay. Both have slender builds and gave excellent lap dances. However, if your taste is more muscular, there were several candidates to fit that bill. Nice range of dancers.

Each dancer performs to 2 songs. First: dressed, Second: strips down to his briefs. There was no full frontal nudity.

The club is professionally run. Doormen and managers all dressed in designer suits and ties. Bathroom attendant also dressed in a suit and lots of very handsome/friendly bartenders.

Since it was opening night and a Jewish holiday, attendance was light, however, once you give this club a look, you'll be coming back for more.

In addition to the stage show, there were shower shows and blue screen shows. Dancers would perform nude behind a screen showing the shadows of their nude bodies. Nice addition but not in a good location.

This club has a lot of potential and a management that listens. Managers were walking around talking to the customers and asking if we were having a good time. Even complimentary drinks were provided.

Costs:

Cover: $25

Lap Dancers: $20 per song

VIP Room: $175 for 30 minutes

Drinks: Beer $5 and mixed drinks $8... 2-4-1 before 7pm

NYC now has 3 male strip clubs to choose from. What I like about this new club is that they plan on enlisting dancers who will only work at Red Light Revue. IMO, seeing the same dancers working from the 20 Club or the Adonis Lounge, can discourage patrons from attending the different clubs. Having your own, exclusive lineup, can encourage patrons to try the different clubs.

Hope this info helps.

Coop

http://froggypic.com/image/12/d67552a7847746dd023309c2fea79eb2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived