Time Outs

flguy
This topic is 4997 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Here is a blast from the past... Remember Prodigy? Glad those days are over!

Oh Jesus. Why don't you drag up Compuserve while you're at it?

How many of you actually have plugged in your phone to a 300 baud modem and dialed into a computer center because I have -- that's how I worked on my computer science degree. How many of you have programmed using a deck of punch card or punch tape? I have. How many of you have dropped that deck of cards (thankfully not a big deck). How many of you have actually had to go into the end bell of the cabinet and physically thrown the switches to get a program to run properly?

Do I hear game/set/match???

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many of you actually have plugged in your phone to a 300 baud modem and dialed into a computer center because I have -- that's how I worked on my computer science degree. How many of you have programmed using a deck of punch card or punch tape? I have. How many of you have dropped that deck of cards (thankfully not a big deck). How many of you have actually had to go into the end bell of the cabinet and physically thrown the switches to get a program to run properly?

I remember when I had to rub two sticks together to fire up my old computer....and we used smoke signals to log into Prodigy...hehehe...

Oh gosh!

Can we move this little tete-a-tete to a new thread called "Breaking Romann".

I for very good reasons would like this thread to slowly sink into oblivion...

Humor Me...Thanks. Pizza, anyone?

You're going to get me into trouble! FYI: I found this great pizza place a block from my new place. Yummy! And it came without the seasoning of scandal.

Hands down!

Yeah, yeah, yeah... you win!

Now lets talk about what us working boys do in our job. Let that be some food for thought. Now where is that damn PIZZA at!? ;)

I'll take seconds please! Hell, I'll take it all!

I have a large sausage pizza. :)

I love me some sausage especially if brought to my place with some meat BALLS to make it all go down yummy and nice! Wanna play "hide the sausage" because I have an oven to keep it nice and warm in.

Yes, again, I have ZERO shame! Where is Tyger!?!?!

You're going to get me into trouble! FYI: I found this great pizza place a block from my new place. Yummy! And it came without the seasoning of scandal.

But can you get NY style pizza in ChiTown or is it only available in deep-dish??

Be careful because full-out wars have been fought over a hell of a lot less than NY v. ChiTown pizza.

MEOW said the kitty!

I got your Tyger right here. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr. :)

I sure hope Tyger can cum out and play with the rest of us nice, well behaved boys.

I'm the Leo here so hear me ROAR!

As for Tyger, I'm guess well behaved isn't in his vocabulary or at least I hope it's not because I've had my eye on that hot hunk of a hairy man for some time now. So in other words, BACK OFF! I have first dibs and seconds for later then thirds in the morning too!

Do I sound like I'm in a hungry bottom mood or what? Where's that flogger!?

I'm the Leo here so hear me ROAR!

First if you think your the only Leo here, you gotta nother think coming. I've been a Leo a lot longer than you have. Hell I've been a lot every thing longer than you (and damned near everyone else too). It seems like just yesterday when my friends and I invented dirt and discovered fire ... :)

And as for Tyger -- you and I may have to come to blows over that one too. I've been drooling over that hunk all day (when I haven't been drooling over you of course, which I have been by the way). However, I have a compromise: that is a hell of a lot of man, I think there's more than enough Tyger for more than one of us. There's probably enough Tyger we could damn well invite the 101st Airborne and he would be able to handle it. And love every minute of it too.

First if you think your the only Leo here, you gotta nother think coming. I've been a Leo a lot longer than you have. Hell I've been a lot every thing longer than you (and damned near everyone else too). It seems like just yesterday when my friends and I invented dirt and discovered fire ... :)

And as for Tyger -- you and I may have to come to blows over that one too. I've been drooling over that hunk all day (when I haven't been drooling over you of course, which I have been by the way). However, I have a compromise: that is a hell of a lot of man, I think there's more than enough Tyger for more than one of us. There's probably enough Tyger we could damn well invite the 101st Airborne and he would be able to handle it. And love every minute of it too.

Now Lee you are a man after my own heart. A romanntyger orgy. Aren't there mythological stories of such meetings. Must be a Roman myth then again sounds pretty Greek. :)

Although two Leos and a tyger could just turn into a bitchy cat fight.

Prodigy was bought by yahoo. I am not sure who owns prodigy now. But, my secondary e-mail address is still prodigy.net

I was not a computer science major, but in the early days I did all the things you mentioned. I confess a weird kind of puppy love for the punch cards. Perhaps my time in the military saved me from ever dropping the cards --- in the military that would have meant a one way ticket to some God forsaken posting in the deep south, or worse.

Guest TBinCHI
Now Lee you are a man after my own heart. A romanntyger orgy. Aren't there mythological stories of such meetings. Must be a Roman myth then again sounds pretty Greek. :)

Although two Leos and a tyger could just turn into a bitchy cat fight.

Call me a greedy motherfucker, but when I'm with Romann I want him all to myself and when I'm with Tyger, ditto. I think my head and other parts would simply explode if I were lucky enough to be in the same room with both.

Call me a greedy motherfucker, but when I'm with Romann I want him all to myself and when I'm with Tyger, ditto. I think my head and other parts would simply explode if I were lucky enough to be in the same room with both.

Now there is the voice of reason I have been missing. Where have you been my old friend. Boy have I missed you. Lee you may be a man after my own heart... but this was the man who stole it the first time around.

Guest TBinCHI

You are too much NYT! But thank you. Took the summer off to be with my family. It gives you perspective on what's important in life. Family and friends are what it's all about. So be nice everyone, you never know when you'll need the support of those around you.

You are too much NYT! But thank you. Took the summer off to be with my family. It gives you perspective on what's important in life. Family and friends are what it's all about. So be nice everyone, you never know when you'll need the support of those around you.

It most certainly does... its always good that distance lends perspective... in art and life

I Have a Dirty MInd???~! Awwwww~ You say the nicest things~ :p Thanks~! I have a TENS as well... a few times had myself and another lad wired together... quite "hot" so to speak~ it was great feeling the same zing as we were sohcking a load out together. Fuuuuuuuck~ We kept holding off till we were both ready to blow~

Video would be great fun~! I have a new camera, due to arrive tomorrow and it has vid capacity but I also have a Canon XL2 dv that takes cinemagraphic quality movies. Looking forward~!

Tyger~!

tygerkink@yahoo.com

http://www.tygerkink.biz

I used to walk up to the front console of a PDP-10, hit "Pause", key in patches to the kernel via the front panel switches, and then press "Continue!" Dial-up was a 110baud teletype. Yes, you heard it here: "Game, Set Match!".

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/history/kl-10-3.jpg

Archived