Emmys

deej
This topic is 5019 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest Spanky

And for those of you/us that just don't care, and who would rather drive bamboo splinters under our fingernails than watch a vapid award show, it's another year of not having to worry about spoilers!

Not judging, just saying.

Jimmy Fallon was okay, but I will take Neal Patrick Harris any day. Talk about running a gag into the ground, jeez Jimmy's music performace gags were okay at times awful and pittiful at others, especially the whole seen with shows leaving, that was a channel-chaning moment. The opening was good especially dissing Kate, are we just forcing Betty White a little much. I love her but that was not funny, in fact this show will not win writing award next year, much like my posts which won't either but I dont get paid for alot of that drivel.

Other thoughts. Nurse Jackie is a comedy and Breaking Bad a drama, see little difference and really Eddie Falco keeps the same face through the entire show.

What the hell was Emily Deschell wearing, not a gown person but the song Surey with a Fringe on It came to mind.

Jewel's very heart-felt performance will want me to find that song, that was certainly a highlight.

Glad to see some newer performers but some shows have won enough, Mad Men okay.

Talk about being in character, Ana Paquin woman you need some color.

Award shows always have awkard moments but Jimmy hugging Tom Selleck, I guess someone forgot to clue Tom in on the gag.

I agree about Neal Patrick Harris. He was good as the host of last year's Emmy Awards, and even better when he was the host of the 2009 Tony Awards. The Tony Awards once featured big name hosts (Julie Andrews, Mary Martin & Robert Preston, Angela Lansbury). Neil was the best I have ever seen, and that includes Andrews, Martin and Lansbury.

I agree about Neal Patrick Harris. He was good as the host of last year's Emmy Awards, and even better when he was the host of the 2009 Tony Awards.

He actually won an Emmy for the Tony broadcast. I wonder how many others have done that?

Sat through most of the show (as there was so little else on TV last night).

1) Neil Patrick Harris was a much better host (both for the Emmys and the Tonys) and he has a certain extraordinary talent to host such events without trivializing them.

2) For those into fashion, fine it is a fashion show, but for those who are NOT interested in the clothes (and some of them were hidious), what I find so hard to sit through are the absolutely inane "thank you" speeches. I actaully am convinced these people are terrific actors because in real life most of them cannot put two or three words together in a sentence (like Al Pacino last evening!!!! and so many others). Was glad to see "MODERN FAMILY" win - liked all the awards going to GLEE but was at a loss at some of the specialized films or serial shows that were awarded... never saw the reason.

Archived