Friday Funnies

jackhammer91406

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

d7fa222eb42ee71a0b083ed173fcd316.jpg

In one installment of Metamorpho, The Element Man, his father-in-law (an antagonist who was the cause of Metamorpho becoming what he is) goes against type to help save him and his daughter, Metamorpho's wife, from some enemy who has immersed Metamorpho and the woman in a swimming pool full of sulphuric acid. Our Hero is frantically transforming himself into this and that element to try to stave off acidic dissolution, the while holding his wife up out of the vat on his right hand transformed into a big flat metal platform.

They are having to act all this out right in front of the evil character perpetrating the scene, so must speak in code. The father-in-law, an expert chemist, says to Metamorpho (in a scene that it just now strikes me the writer must have modeled on the climactic scene in 'Forbidden Planet'):

"Son! Can you forgive me for that lie [lye] that came between us? You know! That base lie! That caustic lie!"

Finally Metamorpho gets it, turns part of himself into a lye to neutralize the acid, saves the day.

AdamSmith, I think I love you. I had that comic and clearly remember that line. Funny the useless stuff that sticks in my head, despite the fact that I could not name our current Secretary of State.

"Don't worry, Bud, you'll know if you've contracted crabs," admonished Tom, knitting his brow.

TruHart1 :cool:

Hunh?

Gman

PS That would never happen. Bud dates Tom's sister.

It's a joke son! :p:p:p

To address your point though, perhaps Bud was seduced by someone else and went to Tom as his best friend. Hell, maybe Tom's sister was the one who cheated on Bud!!! :eek::eek::eek:

"Don't worry, Bud, you'll know if you've contracted crabs," admonished Tom, knitting his brow.

It's a joke son! :p:p:p

To address your point though, perhaps Bud was seduced by someone else and went to Tom as his best friend. Hell, maybe Tom's sister was the one who cheated on Bud!!! :eek::eek::eek:

It may be a joke. But am I then the only one not to get it? I was thinking the joke might be with 'crabs'. But I can't think of anyway it goes with 'admonish, knitting or brow'. Someone please help me out here.

Gman

It may be a joke. But am I then the only one not to get it? I was thinking the joke might be with 'crabs'. But I can't think of anyway it goes with 'admonish, knitting or brow'. Someone please help me out here.

Gman

Well, with all the posts about 'nit'-picking further up thread, it brought to mind nits, thus 'crabs' and the pun, 'knit'ting. Sorry for baffling you, Gman.