Friday Funnies

jackhammer91406

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

>7) There weren't any freakin' cell phones either. If you left the house, you

>just didn't make a damn call or receive one. You actually had to be out of touch

>with your "friends". OH MY GOSH !!!

> Think of the horror... not being in touch with someone 24/7!!! And then

>there's TEXTING. Yeah, right. Please! You kids have no idea how

>annoying you are.

And they actually had PAY PHONES which all but disappeared.

@geminibear, This explains so much!!

File%20Feb%2009%2C%207%2034%2059%20PM.jpeg?dl=0

Gman

Ha Ha! Makes me think (even though it's baseball!) of Mr. Applegate's plan to use Lola to entice Joe away from his marriage by making him young again, helping him be the greatest pitcher and planning to take his soul. You know, that old story by JW Goethe, what was that? Oh yeah, Faust!

(edited to say my reference is to the musical, Damn Yankees, which I had planned to mention! :eek:o_O)

TruHart1 :cool:

Edited by TruHart1

@geminibear, This explains so much!!

File%20Feb%2009%2C%207%2034%2059%20PM.jpeg?dl=0

Gman

Ha Ha! Makes me think (even though it's baseball!) of Mr. Applegate's plan to use Lola to entice Joe away from his marriage by making him young again, helping him be the greatest pitcher and planning to take his soul. You know, that old story by JW Goethe, what was that? Oh yeah, Faust!

TruHart1 :cool:

Also theme of A Year At The Top for those who remember it.

Gman

From The Onion. You know sometimes it only satirizes. Then at other times like now it's spot on!!:p

How Supreme Court Justices Are Chosen

INFOGRAPHIC February 16, 2016

VOL 52 ISSUE 06 · News · Government · Supreme Court

http://i.onionstatic.com/onion/5271/6/original/1200.jpg

Here is a step-by-step guide to how U.S. Supreme Court justices are selected:

• Step 1: Supreme Court vacancy opens after a sitting justice dies, retires, or is promoted to the Galactic Circuit

• Step 2: President wistfully crosses out own name from list of potential candidates

• Step 3: Official presidential nominee slowly lowered by rope into Senate Judiciary Committee pit

• Step 4: Nominee charged one-time $30 background check fee

• Step 5: Candidate asked whether they see themselves in exact same place 35 years from now

• Step 6: Judiciary Committee members ask nominee whether they capable of writing a dissent that could be described as “blistering”

• Step 7: Candidate attests they have no opinion whatsoever on issue of abortion, don’t know what it is, and frankly have never heard such a word uttered before

• Step 8: Senate takes nominee out to drinks to see how they act in casual, informal setting

• Step 9: Nominee stands as their predecessor’s robe is draped over them to see if government can save a few bucks on not ordering a new one

• Step 10: Following months of direct questioning, witness testimony, and poring over the nominee’s qualifications and judicial history, the Senate votes on whether they like the president or not

• Step 11: If confirmed, justice takes oath of office and is assigned a bench buddy to help them through their first few opinions

• Step 12: If candidate not confirmed, process repeats indefinitely until other party holds White House or country is awash in the hot, crimson blood of neighbor killing neighbor, whichever comes first

Gman