Mel Gibson Being Mel Gibson: The Tape!

josephga
This topic is 5071 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

He is one of the most prejudiced and mean people we hear about. It is most unfortunate that he has been so successful financially and in the film industry. Makes me wonder what happened in his past that causes him to have so much anger.

His father, Hutton Gibson, with whom Mel still remains close, is a particularly nasty combination of smart and crazy. That might explain part of it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hutton_Gibson

Yes, I would lay the blame in the same area. His father is a real piece of cake: bitter, prejudiced, religiously fanatical, and into some pretty far out conspiracy theories.

On the other side, shing NO ONE at TMZ etc wants to consider is the dear Oksana. This is a girl who set her sights in him - when he was married with a large family, and set out to get him. Yes, it takes two to tango, and many married men at his age and the kids growing or grown, get into that nasty "I could do better!" mode, casting aside the loyal wife who has suffered through all this for years, and looking for something "young and more exciting."

This is a morality play unfolding before our eyes for men in midlife. Russian girls are notorious gold-diggers; comes with the territory in a society where most men are alcoholic lay abouts (their fathers and grandfathers), or oversexed immature unemployed (or unemployable) lotharios ( boyfriends), and so they learn early (again from the mothers and grandmothers) to set their sights on someone with $$$ and then entice him into a wedding; then after screwing him silly in bed and in his personal life, screw him ith a massive and costly divorce settlement. Ask all those dumb over-50 American men who ordered mail-order Russian brides while working in the oil fileds Russia, or in the military, or wherever, how their life is AFTER she gets the Green Card!!!;)

I am amazed at men who continue to play with these Russian bombshells (I know from experience!!). As we watched the Russian spy drama recently unfold in the US - especially that Chaplin girl, Oksana trying to shake Mel down for all he has (and he has a lot), we should all think twice and keep that "third eye" :eek: from making life decisions for us.:rolleyes:

It will be interesting to see how the movie going public reacts to his next movie project. Certainly his PR firm has alot of work ahead of them if they hope to salvage his image, if that is even possible at this point.

The following article about how Mel Gibson and Tom Cruise, two big time stars, have had their careers seriously damaged was interesting to me:

http://themoderatevoice.com/78483/mel-gibson-and-tom-cruise-two-careers-seriously-hurt-by-hubris-feel-public-relations-hubris/

I wonder where's Oksana's tape? Even though I thought his ass should be kicked for verbally abusing her I wonder what kind of stuff she's said when she thought a tape recorder was running. people speak much differently in privacy than in public. I say words in my home that I wouldn't say in a grocery store.

Now that William Morris Endeavor fired him I'm sure a boutique angency will pick him up. He could become like Steven Segal and star on some crappy reality show on TLC. "Black Bounty Hunter." He'll be poison for awhile, then his PR firm will spin. He'll become contrite. He's been down this road many times. Drugs and booze. He's looking pretty haggard, but he will maintain a certain loyal fan base. There are quite a few people who probably don't see that his behaviour was reprehensible. In fact they probably give him props.

Guest greatness

Why can't personal conversation stay private...

I don't know why one's personal conversation can't stay private... Is it against the federal law to do this without consent... It is all about money and hurting other people..

I don't know why one's personal conversation can't stay private... Is it against the federal law to do this without consent... It is all about money and hurting other people..

you are right its only about money. like i said people say stuff in pvt they would never say in public.

"Passion of the Creep"

Mel seems like a major control freak and when he can't control people (women in particular) he lashes out. One sick guy. I tried watching his latest movie the other night and wound up putting it back in the envelope and off to netflix. no thanks Mel.

Mel has lost his mind! Why would you talk to the mother of your child in that manner? Totally crazy!!!!! And I use to be a big fan of his work, but these threatening, racist and sexist tirades are totally reprehensible whether he spews them in public or private. Sorry Mel, the party's over...fade to black.

There's a trade off and a price to pay if you choose to live in the public eye. Being a movie star is probably one of the most high-profile professions in the world. Some can handle it, and some can't (Lindsay, Mel, Chris Brown.)

'Braveheart', burnin' down the house

The roof the roof the roof is on fire

We don't need no water let the motherfucker burn

Burn motherfucker burn

In yet another shocking rant caught on tape, embattled actor Mel Gibson tells ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva that he will burn down her house after demanding sex from her.

In the tape obtained by RadarOnline.com, an incensed, out of breath Gibson chides Grigorieva for falling asleep the night before without giving him sex. He later threatens her physically, telling her he will burn down the house, but first she will have to give him oral sex.

““I deserve to be bl*wn first! Before the f*cking Jacuzzi! Ok, I’ll burn the goddamn house up, but bl*w me first! How dare you!??!”

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2010/07/14/mel-gibson-demands-sex-threatens-burn-house-fourth-released-tape/?test=faces

i find one thing odd. when we hear this tape its clear mel is on a phone or sounds like the phone, But her end of the conversation doesn't sound like a phone at all. it way clearer than his side of the convo. Another thing why not call the cops instead of radaronline

i find one thing odd. when we hear this tape its clear mel is on a phone or sounds like the phone, But her end of the conversation doesn't sound like a phone at all. it way clearer than his side of the convo. Another thing why not call the cops instead of radaronline

Yes, exactly.

1) In all these rants, does it not sound as if Mel is highly intoxicated? As one commentator (one of the very very few) who questioned this said, "How much are we in control of what we say when drunk?" His sputtering, incoherent, expletive-filled tirants remind me of someone who is really strung out (on drugs, alcohol, you name it... and "not getting any sex..." may poison the works too). Hell, a few years ago he threw away wife and family for THIS??? And she won't b**** him in the jacuzzi???

2) The quality of the tapes proves to me beyond a doubt, that these are set-ups. The acoustics are perfect. A reminder... she is Russian, an immigrant... did we not have spread all over the internet recently stories of... ahem... Russian immigrants who were also versed in the world of spying, eavsdropping etc...??? Just saying. She may also have a daddy in that business (and there are enough Russians and ex-USSR types living around Beverly Hills to hook up with one) who set this up for her.

3) Mel, Mel, Mel... yes you are an over-the-top "zealot" like your infamous father on things that have to do with race, culture and religion. And yes, the acorn does not fall far from the tree... and Yes... you are getting older (and now apparently spending too much time mixing toxic things into your system making it hard to exert some adult "self-control" but now... yes definately, you have screwed yourself! You leave your loyal and long-suffering wife and all your children for this piece of Russian trailer trash??? Well... Mel... what goes around, comes around. I feel very sorry for you, enjoyed your films, but now it is time to withdraw to your private chapel and do some serious penance, payment (you obviously will have to pay this tramp up to get rid of her), and put that third eye in a tight chastity belt. Oh... and get some anger management therapy.

She probably had Gibson on speaker phone.

I'm not sure if he broke the law saying the things he did although they are threatening. They do have restraining orders against each other so there was no violation there. Money, child custody and an attempt to build her case against Gibson are probably her motives. She does talk about how she's penniless and living off of her credit cards, which implies that Gibson is not paying child support.

Archived