iPhone OS4

g56whiz
This topic is 5082 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest ChgoBoy

Now I have something to look forward to when I return to Dallas on the 1st of July. It's my birthday gift to myself and it's the best gift yet!

I'd take it out for a through ride immediately. Multiple problems with the new phone are being reported

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nooooooooooo!

I'd take it out for a through ride immediately. Multiple problems with the new phone are being reported

SAY IT ISN'T SO! Well, while the bugs get worked out over the next week, hopefully when I activate mine upon my return on the 1st, all will be restored and I can enjoy my new toy. Can't wait. Hoping for the best. :)

You trying to spoil my fun? ;) J/K

Guest ChgoBoy
Well, that says it all. You're trying to spoil my new toy and for that, I intend to one day spank you silly. Oh wait, I might like that! ;)

I'm now sensing that your phone will be smashed beyond recognition upon inspection - pink in color and have a rotary dial on it. :D

Haha!

I'm now sensing that your phone will be smashed beyond recognition upon inspection - pink in color and have a rotary dial on it. :D

Don't forget that I requested the special bedazzled iPhone 4 to go with the pink color and rotary dial too.

I already asked my dog sitter how the package looked and he said it all looks great though I still won't let him open that box up. It would spoil my fun of being a kid for 5 seconds when tearing open the package with nothing but a huge smile on my face and my inner child yelling to get out only for a few moments.

"Material World"

I guess the thrilling days of spending the night in line for the next Apple device are officially over.

Not really ... One guy set up a tent and camped for 7 days (not a typo: that's SEVEN days) in front of the Apple store in order to be the first one in line to get the new iPhone 4.

http://www.geek.com/articles/mobile/one-week-until-iphone-4-launch-first-camper-appears-in-dallas-20100618/

I don't understand all the hysteria about getting the latest Mac gadget ... even less camping for 7 days in front of the store ...

I don't understand all the hysteria about getting the latest Mac gadget ... even less camping for 7 days in front of the store ...

We all have our obsessions.

I've been amazed that people were camping out for the last week for the premiere of the latest "Twilight" movie. These people don't have lives?

Waiting at the Apple store makes even less sense, I'll grant you. If you ordered it online it was likely delivered a day before it was available in stores.

Quick-speed delivery!

If you ordered it online it was likely delivered a day before it was available in stores.

I never understood the waiting in line at the stores for any length of time so this year, I just ordered mine online and it arrived on the 23rd, a whole two days before the stores released it. Quite pleased. :)

Interesting response.

I don't understand all the hysteria about getting the latest Mac gadget ... even less camping for 7 days in front of the store ...[/color]

Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black, Mr. SD?

I'll just leave it at that. ;)

Apple Likely to Sell a Million iPhones Today...2 Million by Saturday?

Apparently those of us who are Apple fans are not alone. Check out these brief articles: http://www.thenewstribune.com/2010/06/25/1240936/apple-likely-to-sell-a-million.html?storylink=rss AND http://www.examiner.com/x-36226-Chicago-Headlines-Examiner~y2010m6d24-iPhone-4-frenzy-thousands-line-up-outside-Michigan-Avenue-Apple-Store-for-new-phone

I've owned all three earlier versions of the iPhone, an ipod, and a MacBook. I have never once felt "ripped off" with my Apple purchases. I'm a budget-minded guy--not a big spender on products I don't need--but I am willing to spend more $$ to invest in a superior product or service that makes my life easier and/or more enjoyable.

I can be fairly skeptical of new gadgets, but can honestly say I'm wildly pleased with ALL of my Apple products. The customer service I've received at my favorite local Apple Store (North Michigan Ave, Chicago) has been nothing short of extraordinary. I'm planning to upgrade to the iPhone OS4 in July. I'm confident they will get any "bugs" worked out quickly--they always do.

"Material World"

We all have our obsessions.

I understand that and I wasn't making a judgment call, just sharing the information.

I'm quite happy with my 2 generations old iPhone which I've got 3 years ago and I

won't be running to the Apple store to get the new gadget. :) :eek:

I understand that and I wasn't making a judgment call, just sharing the information.

I'm quite happy with my 2 generations old iPhone which I've got 3 years ago and I

won't be running to the Apple store to get the new gadget. :) :eek:

Oh, I'm with you. My 3GS isn't two years old yet so I'm not running to the store to replace it.

The new video chat feature is compelling except that a) we already have that with Skype and b) it's useless except with OTHER iPhone4 users. (And I wonder how fast it sucks up battery life.) I don't use a phone enough to buy one just for video chat, and most of the people I call don't use iPhone anyway. (Well, there's Daddy, but he can't afford the upgrade and who wants to look at *him* anyway? :p)

I'll let the fanboys knock off the rough edges first. It sounds like there are some. :eek:

Right!

I've owned all three earlier versions of the iPhone, an ipod, and a MacBook. I have never once felt "ripped off" with my Apple purchases. I'm a budget-minded guy--not a big spender on products I don't need--but I am willing to spend more $$ to invest in a superior product or service that makes my life easier and/or more enjoyable.

People out there feel that they've been ripped off by Apple? Wow. Never heard that kind of complaint and hope I never do. Apple provides great products that are very innovative with excellent applications which have really made my life easier. I can't go on enough about their iCal and MobileMe along with a host of other wonderful tools. All-in-all, I feel that Apple delivers more bang for the buck minus a few hick-ups here and there on some basic phone features.

I can be fairly skeptical of new gadgets, but can honestly say I'm wildly pleased with ALL of my Apple products. The customer service I've received at my favorite local Apple Store (North Michigan Ave, Chicago) has been nothing short of extraordinary. I'm planning to upgrade to the iPhone OS4 in July. I'm confident they will get any "bugs" worked out quickly--they always do.

I agree 100%! Apple has superior quality on all their products and whenever I have had an issue and go to any Apple store, I'm greeted and show nothing but the utmost respect and superior service. All the staff at the stores are very helpful not to mention efficient at handling my requests without delay or cause for excuses. Can't really say that about most other companies these days...

I updated both my phones to the new OS4 and haven't experienced any problems so maybe it was a localized event?

People out there feel that they've been ripped off by Apple? Wow. Never heard that kind of complaint and hope I never do.

I've never heard "ripped off" but I've heard "pricey".

I'm typing this on a leading-edge multimedia Windows laptop that cost $500. A comparable Macbook would cost $3000, and would require addon software (and a retail copy of Windows) for me to use it to earn a living.

I've looked. I'm actually a Mac fan. But the cost difference is too great.

I updated both my phones to the new OS4 and haven't experienced any problems so maybe it was a localized event?

I upgraded mine and the camera roll froze solid. It was cured by rebooting the phone but that's common with Apple devices. It's just that somehow Apple has convinced people they never have to do that -- but they do. :cool:

Neither venue is religion-worthy.

For the tech impaired, how did you do that?

Through iTunes. Connect, sync (for backup), and then summary tab will have a button either labeled "check for updates" or "Update". You may first have to update iTunes itself if your version isn't current.

People out there feel that they've been ripped off by Apple? Wow. Never heard that kind of complaint and hope I never do.

Sexxxy Romann: Just to clarify, I was referring to Post #16 of this thread when I wrote: "I have never once felt "ripped off" with my Apple purchases." Cheers.

Goodfella

Ding ding!

Through iTunes. Connect, sync (for backup), and then summary tab will have a button either labeled "check for updates" or "Update". You may first have to update iTunes itself if your version isn't current.

And there you have it! You beat me to the answer. :)

Ms = fubar

I've never heard "ripped off" but I've heard "pricey".

I'm typing this on a leading-edge multimedia Windows laptop that cost $500. A comparable Macbook would cost $3000, and would require addon software (and a retail copy of Windows) for me to use it to earn a living.

3k? I didn't pay that kind of cash for mine. I only paid 1500 with a free printer and my MacBook was purchased last year. Love the damn thing. Hasn't crashed yet unlike BS Windows based junk which crashes just as often as the sun rises and sets each day.

Sorry... had to say it. My days of PC are over. Hello working machine that never crashes, silent and makes me happy. :)

Now if I could only get my men to be like that! Oh wait... I've been single for 5 years so maybe the men out there have changed but probably not.

3k? I didn't pay that kind of cash for mine. I only paid 1500 with a free printer and my MacBook was purchased last year. Love the damn thing. Hasn't crashed yet unlike BS Windows based junk which crashes just as often as the sun rises and sets each day.

Funny thing is I never get crashes on a notebook that cost a third as much. That means I can have three of them, or put the extra money in your pocket.

Romann, dear, it's a good thing you're pretty. :D

Ouch!

Romann, dear, it's a good thing you're pretty. :D

Now I may have been born in the morning but it wasn't yesterday morning... I think there was a compliment somewhere in there though I'm not sure. Guess I'm not pretty enough. :D

Okay girls, enough already! While a weekend with Romann and a fully loaded (pun not intended) Mac cost roughly the same, I fully expect the memories/reveries of that weekend will long outlast any IT purchase I can think of. That's why he's very high on my to do list (funded by my big blue retirement money LOL).

And now to the serious stuff. Thanks. The directions worked perfectly. Got my iPhone O/S4'd and it multi-tasks nicely. Just one thing. How do I now shut off things like Pandora or my NPR link? I mean the sleep alarm on the NPR would lull me to sleep with sounds from my beloved WQXR in NYC (we don't have no damn commie pinko NPR here in Laredo) but now it just stays on all night. To stop Pandora, I had to shut off the phone. This O/S 4 is quick and snazzy but . . . . . . .

Archived