Lucky
This topic is 5131 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Some time ago Daddy asked me to become a moderator, but I did not think that would serve my purposes in being a contributor here. But when he was in Palm Springs and willing to create this forum, I agreed to help it get off the ground. The guys posting here are so nice that it now appears that little moderation is needed. So I am exiting my position as a moderator so I can go back to being just Lucky.

Keeping it real.

I accept the fact that my sense of self and my sense of humor may not be appreciated by some. I absolutely love "keeping it real" while trying to make someone laugh, even if I end up being the only one enjoying the joke.

When I joined this board in 2005, I had to duck and dodge a ton of nasty-ass insults thrown my way. If I wasn't a gay man with an enormous capacity to laugh at myself, I would have run for the hills long ago and never returned. The meanness exhibited on this board during those early years would have devastated me if I took any of it seriously.

I know how to write with a sharp tongue for effect but I haven't a mean bone in my body. I realize I've said this before but until someone truly gets to know a person, there's no way you can trust such a statement from an anonymous blogger on the internet.

I logged on at 5:30 am to see it I could edit my previous post to this thread. By edit, I mean I was going to delete its contents just in case nobody appreciated the joke. It was never my intention to bend anyone out of shape. An insult endowed with humor is far cry from an insult endowed with hate. I see that my post has been deleted. Thank you.

Guest greatness

well

Welcome back RockHard~~ :) I'm sorry that you had to persevere many unpleasant posts in the past. I hope your experience here can be better from now on and have a great fellowship with people here. As you said, we have never met and we don't know even know our names. On the other hand, I can sense what people here are feeling or going through in their writings and posts. I learn from them and also look at things from different perspectives. This board helps me a lot to cope with many internal issues I have and also look at things from different perspectives. Anyways, welcome back and I wish you a great time here. Thank you for coming back in the early morning to edit your post too. You are so sweet. :)

Where are my manners?!?

First, thank you Lucky for starting this new Forum. I'm gathering the courage to ask a rookie question about opera.

Second, thank you Daddy for providing this new Forum, and thank you Cooper for agreeing to moderate it.

Third, thank you greatness for being your usual positive self.

And not at all least, welcome back RockHard! I trust your time away was chock full of peace and enlightenment.

http://home.swipnet.se/gostaratna/Buddha18.jpg

Guest greatness

oh my

She is pretty! Is that why you are MIA these days? Good to see your post again~~~ :)

First, thank you Lucky for starting this new Forum. I'm gathering the courage to ask a rookie question about opera.

Second, thank you Daddy for providing this new Forum, and thank you Cooper for agreeing to moderate it.

Third, thank you greatness for being your usual positive self.

And not at all least, welcome back RockHard! I trust your time away was chock full of peace and enlightenment.

http://home.swipnet.se/gostaratna/Buddha18.jpg

He's no lady!

She is pretty!

I see how one can get that impession, greatness, but the Buddha's all man. He was born Prince Siddhartha in what is now Nepal and was married with a baby when he set out to find enlightenment.

The Brahmin Sonadanda described him as "handsome, good-looking, and pleasing to the eye, with a most beautiful complexion. He has a godlike form and countenance, he is by no means unattractive."

I believe the same can be said for RockHard. :)

Guest greatness

oh my

That's what it was.. Why does Buddha have lip-gross on? :)

I see how one can get that impession, greatness, but the

Don't think his mother and I haven't asked ourselves the same question! :rolleyes:

Returning, however briefly, to topic, I wonder how Lucky is enjoying his free time without the duties of moderator?

http://muralsuperstore.com/catalog/wwlargefullwall/3914.jpg

Lookin, it's White Party weekend in Palm Springs,and, event hough I no longer go to the event itself, I do get down there to see the guys on the streets and at the gym. They are all so young compared to what we usually see in town!

http://palmsprings.metromix.com/content_image/full/1872404/560/370

Don't hate me because I posses self-esteem.

One could agree, insofar as: The same could be said of RockHard, by RockHard.

Some have told me I'm an attractive man. I always say thank you and credit my beautiful mother. I have well-groomed moments but I rarely spend time in front of a mirror. (I don't shave every day.)

"Godlike form and countenance" are not words one would ever hear me use to describe myself. I possess a healthy ego. I'm not deluded.

"Godlike form and countenance" are not words one would ever hear me use to describe myself. I possess a healthy ego. I'm not deluded.

Re: your post title, I don't think I would "hate" anybody here. Certainly not for possessing self-esteem.

My post was just my effort to say: Tickled to see you again. One has missed the repartee. :) Welcome back.

AdamSmith, I've put up with your humorous put-downs for a very long time. My healthy ego is happy to provide you with more tickle opportunities. I don't have a problem with gay men who enjoy caustic humor at the expense of pinching someone else's ego. I can't speak for any of the other thin-skinned queens though.

The trick there is to nick them for just what the traffic will bear. As the French do to us, so well.

Easier said than done. The traffic here is too often blindfolded and bipolar. And management wouldn't know French sensibility if it was a warm chocolate croissant oozing out of Brent Corrigan's ass. (No insult intended.)

...See you, then, at the Hotel Cala di Volpe?

Italy, yes, this summer, but not Sardinia. I'll be staying on a favorite lake just an hour from my favorite boys in Milan.

Milan ?

Hi Rockhard,

I have a chance to go to Milan this summer and maybe spend a week or ten days in that area. Do you have any suggestions of places to go, places to stay and places to meet your boys? I am sure all the guys here would appreciate that. I know this is probably not the right place to post this question, but just had to put it here to tie into your prior post. Thanks. :)

Dan

Guest Spanky

Hey Diverdan. I'm not sure whether you're looking for arts-related suggestions, but since you posted in the arts forum I can recommend the opera festival at the Verona Arena, which is about 100 miles out of Milan on the way to Venice. Road trip with your guy?! I saw Nabucco there 10-15 years ago and it was way cool seeing an opera in a coliseum (and Nabucco in Italy...c'mon!). I'll admit the performance wasn't one for the history books and it was difficult understanding the performers (I think they may have served peanut butter sandwiches in the greenroom). But it was worth the price of admission to hear the ENTIRE audience sing along to Va Pensiero, which is some sort of unofficial Italian national anthem about longing for the homeland and other various crap like that.

I found the link for you:

http://www.arena.it/en-US/HOMEen.html

Looks like they are doing a lot of the warhorses, including a Verdi and Puccini.

Of course, if you like opera and you're in Milan, obviously check out La Scala. I just glanced at their homepage and it looks like they're doing Lulu this summer. Tone row opera made fun!

Archived