Anti-Gay Politician Arrested for DUI After Leaving Gay Bar

JackTwist
This topic is 5120 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest TBinCHI
Lookin, you say you want only equal rights. So let's talk about anti-discrimination laws, a key feature of gay "rights" agitation or agenda. Originally, at the common law, and in most states today, employment was "at will",i.e., either the employer or employee may refuse to enter the relation or may terminate it for a good reason, a bad reason, or no reason at all. The employee and employer, gays and straights, have equal rights.

But gays say: we want to keep our right to refuse employment or to terminate at will.

BUT, we want the law to prohibit employers from refusing to employ or to promote and from terminating and employee because he is gay.

Gays refuse to see that in so seeking, they are seeking rights superior to the employer and to straight employees. I would like to focus on that question only, without getting side tracked into the question of whether such superior laws are desirable, and whether gays should be able to ride the coat tails of other protected minorities.

When is the last time that someone was fired, paid less, denied promotion, harassed or given shit work because they were straight? It doesn't happen. However, it does happen to gay men and women. Your argument that seeking protection against that happening is somehow seeking advantages that straight people don't have is more mindless pap. I refuse to accept the characterization that having an agenda is a bad thing. It's not. The "agenda" as those before me have accurately pointed out, is to seek the same rights that the rest of society has. It is not to seek special treatment, as you so frequently but without basis assert. I'll stand behind, in front of, on top of, next to, or any other way you may wish to describe it, that pesky gay "agenda." But, I will also continue to thank you for illustrating the thought process of those who wish to continue to marginalize gay people everywhere. THANK YOU!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry guys,

I realize now that I should have initially posted this thread in the "Politics" section. Guess it's a little late now. My bad. I'm a newbie--still learning here.:)

Newbie Jack. I don't think so. Hell your name even calls you master. LOL I know what you mean apparently im a lord. Ha im still a newbie

How could you have known. You thought it was a lite news story. Not employment for hire civil right and the gay agenda all wrapped into one hypocritical package

Brains! Brains!

Sorry guys,

I realize now that I should have initially posted this thread in the "Politics" section. Guess it's a little late now. My bad. I'm a newbie--still learning here.:)

Yeah, keep that basement door firmly locked, Jack! We political zombies have an irresistible craving for fresh brains. :eek:

MMM... brains, brains, beautiful virgin brains... :cool:

(03-12) 01:02 PST Salt Lake City (AP) --

Utah's House majority leader said late Thursday he paid a woman $150,000 to keep silent about going nude "hot-tubbing" with her when she was minor a quarter century ago.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In a shocking statement on the House floor, Kevin Garn, 55, of Layton said he paid her to keep quiet about the incident during his unsuccessful U.S. congressional bid in 2002, but did not have sexual contact with her.

Garn said the woman, who he didn't identify on the floor, has been calling news outlets and that he wanted to be open about the incident that occurred when he was 28 years old, before any stories appeared.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2010/03/11/national/a230619S34.DTL&tsp=1#ixzz0hyQy1qtf

• 2 months later...

Ashburn follow-up

Maybe outing works...

A closeted gay Republican state senator who outed himself after a drunk driving arrest apologized for voting against gay rights bills.

"I'm sorry for that," said Roy Ashburn, of Bakersfield, in an interview with the Bakersfield Californian.

Ashburn's secret was exposed in March when he was arrested for drunken driving in Sacramento after leaving a gay nightclub. Days later, he admitted to Kern AM 1180 host Inga Barks, "I am gay." (You can listen to the interview here).

His sexual orientation sparked a debate over his voting record. Ashburn has voted consistently against gay rights bills and was decried as a hypocrite by some. His defenders, however, said his homosexuality wasn't relevant to his political work -- a stance that Ashburn echoed in his "coming out" interview. He told Barks that he was serving the people who elected him:

"Again I believe firmly that my responsibility is to my constituents, and so on each measure that may come before me, I will take a careful look at it and apply that standard: 'How would my constituents vote on this?' 'How would they have me vote on this?' Obviously each of us has differences of opinion on almost every issue but ... when I say that I understand my constituents on these questions I don't think anyone misunderstands what I mean."

Now it appears Ashburn has changed his tune. In a Senate floor speech Thursday, Ashburn voiced his support for a resolution that asks Congress to reverse its "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" military policy on gays

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/scavenger/detail?entry_id=64582&tsp=1#ixzz0pFGnU3CE

Archived