Just a Funny story

NYTomcat
This topic is 5225 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Just a little story I thought some of you might find amusing:

Ok well you all know how nervous I was what now seems like a lifetime ago but was actually just about 4 months ago when I first hired. 20 years of the str8 and narrow had left me quite a lot of anticipatory stress for the meeting. (Thank you all again for calming me) Of recent, another newbie has reminded me of a funny story from that time period I figured I should share with the class.

In that wonderful thread of idea’s for a newbie, one of you fellow posters gave me the great idea of bringing a bottle of wine. Seemed easy and romantic enough to fit my ideal so I adopted that as a plan. Of course, being the high strung first timer that I was I had to make it perfect. So what wine to bring?

I didn’t want to go over the top and bring some expensive wine just for the purposes of showing off. That’s not me. In addition, I am the odd duck who prefers Georgians like Kindzmarauli. In any event not the norm. I wanted a solid red wine. So again what to bring?

I knew very little about the man I was meeting at the time. However from the limited information found on him, I knew he was, at least part, Maltese part Italian. OK a maltese wine, different than italian. At this point I didn’t have the time to order it so I searched to no avail. Not something you find in your local shops BTW. Now plagued (it was keeping me busy) I contacted a friend who works as a Sommelier and said “ I have a maltese family visiting can you recommend where I can find a good red wine that will be perfect to serve them.” He promised no problem and that he would get back to me.

Well days later and now only a few days from my meeting, my personal sommelier calls back. He tells me most Maltese wines are rather course and not worth the price. However, there is a great red table wine made from four Mediterranean grapes that will definitely please my company from Malta. It’s grown in Sicily. OK so the man I’m serving this to is ½ Italian as well so…..perfect. He says it’s on hold for me at a local liquor store, just go pick it up. The next day I trot over to the store give them my name and they say oh yes here you go. I never open the bag just pay for the wine and head out.

Now I’m feeling good. Got my wine, got my evening all planned. All set. Just before I leave on the trip to go meet him I open the bag. So what is the name of this fabulous red wine made from these four great Italian grapes………….. ROMAN FOUR PLAY

You just can’t make this shit up.

It's more than funny. It's sweet, romantic, and classy, even if that wasn't in your plan. Thanks for sharing the story. And how was the wine? Doubt that it was better than Romann!

Boy can you say that again

Boy can you say that again

But it gave us both a good laugh. And it was romanntic. And I don't know about me but everything with Romann is a class act

Foxy LOL we never drank the stuff. I still have the bottle. Maybe next time

Dutchess. Isn't I the truth. Life is always more precious when lived. Its amazingly funny and romantic and enjoyable if you just remember to savor the small things.

Wine, Romann, and Song!

... So what is the name of this fabulous red wine made from these four great Italian grapes………….. ROMAN FOUR PLAY ...

Hmmm - wonder if I can find a bottle of that here in PS? It might go well with Wicked!

(NYT - great story, and the best ones are usually true ones.:))

Archived