Gay Cities

Charlie
This topic is 4876 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Nate, thanks for this input.

In this age of most people getting their news from the internet servers they use, we are bombarded daily with these inane "lists" of the 5 best this and the 10 worst that - and it IS definately a commerical ruse to get your attention and then subtly (or not so subtly) hit you with their product...

I would love to find a zserver who is devoid of these, but the servers have to survive too. I just found the Advocate list absolutely out of touch with any form of reality (or to be more politically correct), not in synch with MY reality.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every time I log on to MSN, I see these lists. Last week there was one from Bloomberg Business News of the "10 best suburbs for middle class families to raise children," not a topic that normally interests me, but to my amazement, one of the ten was the small town in which I grew up. When I forwarded it to high school classmates of mine, they thought it was hilariously unbelievable.

Charlie, Don't feel bad, not one city in NY made that list either... And here I thought I was making progress with all those strip club reviews. So, what cities made this year's list...

1. Atlanta

2. Burlington, Vt

3. Iowa City

4. Bloomington, Ind

5. Madison, Wis

6. New Orleans

7. Ft. Lauderdale

8. Portland, Maine

9. Austin

10. Seattle

11. Gainsville, Fla

12. Asheville, NC

13. Springfield, Mass

14. San Diego

15. Alburquerque, NM

http://www.advocate.com/Print_Issue/Travel/Gayest_Cities_in_America/

I (Dane Michaels) am based out of Raleigh NC, but am in Asheville NC quite a bit with FLGUY. I just wanted to drop a line to express that after an evening out down town Asheville last evening at a little pub called Tressas (Jazz- Kareoke night) I was left a bit....Well completely lost for words. I have never seen what I saw last night, in my life. Due to the hippie-esk mountain living, there is nothing but room for individualality. I am not a very out and proud type, due to an 8 year stent in the military, but this city needs a camera crew from Hollywood. I think we were there for about 3 hours with a front row table to veiw all the...... Kareoke "tallent" and I have not laughed so much non-stop in, I think, years. If your travels bring you into Asheville, check it out, I think you will have a hoot of a time.

Charlie, Don't feel bad, not one city in NY made that list either... And here I thought I was making progress with all those strip club reviews. So, what cities made this year's list...

1. Atlanta

2. Burlington, Vt

3. Iowa City

4. Bloomington, Ind

5. Madison, Wis

6. New Orleans

7. Ft. Lauderdale

8. Portland, Maine

9. Austin

10. Seattle

11. Gainsville, Fla

12. Asheville, NC

13. Springfield, Mass

14. San Diego

15. Alburquerque, NM

http://www.advocate.com/Print_Issue/Travel/Gayest_Cities_in_America/

Madison, Wisconsin? lol. I think this is the top 15 of least gay cities in the US.

Archived