Breathtaking American history through photos

cougar
This topic is 5241 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

If you would like to take a visual trip through American history, the Shorpy website is breathtaking. The rules of this website is that the picture must have been taken between 1850 and about 1970, futhermore, comments and stories about each picture can be chilling. For several weeks, I have been mesmerized by this site and how it can remind us how short life really is and how hard it could have been by our forebearers.

I have almost made it completely through all the 600 plus pages and when I finish I might start at the beginning again. I think this will be time well spent!

http://www.shorpy.com

Guest greatness

wow

This is an amazing site. Thanks! :)

If you would like to take a visual trip through American history, the Shorpy website is breathtaking. The rules of this website is that the picture must have been taken between 1850 and about 1970, futhermore, comments and stories about each picture can be chilling. For several weeks, I have been mesmerized by this site and how it can remind us how short life really is and how hard it could have been by our forebearers.

I have almost made it completely through all the 600 plus pages and when I finish I might start at the beginning again. I think this will be time well spent!

http://www.shorpy.com

...I finished the complete site

Yes, this site is addicting and was hard to pull away from it. It took me about 2 months, but I have now seen all 682 pages. I just kept a note on my desk of my current page number and next time I signed in I went to the next page, so it can be done. Indeed an awesome site - full of history!

Guest greatness

oh I did

I fixed the problem. Too many options. My eyes hurt. I activated my private messages. Thanks for asking josephga. You are so sweet as usual. :)

off topic but did you turn your pms off? i was wanting to show you something

Archived