Parc 55 Hotel - San Francisco review

Romann
This topic is 5264 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Hello hello!

I have had a wonderful time in SF and actually came across a hotel here that I was so pleased with that I felt writing a review on it for everyone to read was the least that I could do considering the wonderful hospitality that I have received.

Through Priceline "Name your own Price" I was awarded the Parc 55 Hotel on 55 Cyril Magnin Street, PARC 55 HOTEL with additional pictures at PARC 55 HOTEL PICTURES which actually showcase the hotel pretty well to give all of you a better idea of the hotel grounds and room accommodations.

- Great hotel staff that has been very accommodating and friendly

- Rooms are very spacious and finished off with a nice contemporary look

- Large bathrooms

- Double closets

- Newly renovated

- Great views of the city from all sides of the building

- Flat screen TV with multiple premium movie channels

- Decent fitness facility

- Centrally located to mass transit/metro lines around SF and directly to the airport

- Great location for mega shopping comparable to Chicago and NYC

- Large tubs and spacious showers

- Large desk for working and a nice sitting area to read and relax

- Wonderful hotel restaurant and bar

- Lobby breakfast for quick coffee, pastries and fruit

- Centrally located to other fine restaurants

- Internet (for a fee of 15.00 USD)

- Wonderful bed/bedding

- Hotel housekeeping was absolutely wonderful, friendly and spoke with me when I was in my room which is always appreciated and much desired on my travels

- Lobby staff was very helpful in planning out trips and metro/mass transit routes

- Staff remembered my name each and every day

DISLIKES:

- Certain floors are designated for smoking which was in the air on the non-smoking 7th floor but was reassigned with ease

- No Safe to store valuables

All-in-all, Parc 55 Hotel was a great choice and Priceline's fee of 60 a night was something that I couldn't beat. I highly recommend this hotel in Union Square West - Nob Hill to all travelers looking to be located next to great dining, shopping and great sights with views.

Interesting.

A year ago, I attended a two day seminar at the Park 55 but elected to stay at the Mark Hopkins for just a but more. The banquet facilities at the Park 55 were OK but the host was cheap on the brown bag lunches.

I've avoided the Priceline since I got stuck in a Seattle Holiday Inn for several hundred dollars a night for three nights. Oh yea and for multiple rooms in my party.

Right!

That's a great bargain, indeed. Isn't Priceline terrific?

You're very welcome and I hope the information is useful! I believe in sharing my experiences with hotels so others can avoid or use hotels that I've stayed in before for themselves, friends, family or business associates.

Priceline "Name your own price" has been a savior for me and I have saved a lot of money using them and all that is thanks to Mr. Sean Knight who was kind enough many many months ago to take me under his wing, speak with me over the phone and show me the tricks and trades of using the system and loopholes for extra bidding - THANK YOU Sean for sharing your wisdom with me and I hope that others can find your act of kindness useful as I share the information with others. I know that I've thanked him a million times but I can't thank him enough! :)

I did have an incident with Priceline on my last trip to DC in which I was booking a hotel late at night and not paying attention to what I was doing. I accidentally checked "Alexandria" which put me 8 miles outside of DC where the nearest metro line was at Pentagon City about 5 miles up the road. Luckily, there was a hotel buss that took me to this spot but it proved to be very challenging for myself and clients who were kind enough to make the extra distance to come and see me. That said, the error was my fault and my fault alone but I was a bit disappointed that Priceline "Name your own price" wouldn't allow me to rebook, even at a higher rate in an area that I or close to would have liked to be in but again, I wasn't being mindful of what I was doing. That said, I had not choice but to accept the hotel and use it as a learning lesson of what not to do in the future and trust me, I won't make that mistake again. But, if I do, I will just book again at another hotel and eat up the extra expense. :)

biddingfortravel.com is a popular website many people use and post at in an effort to compare accepted and rejected bids using priceline "name your own price"....but it's a very busy, complex site and there are lots of areas to explore there....takes a while to learn and you need to register....and BEWARE the wrath of Sheryl, one of the moderators there...whoa!!

there really is a shrewd way to bid at priceline which this website can teach you, if you're patient to learn it and really want to save a few bucks....

or you can use hotwire or orbitz, which I usually have luck at also....

or your company can pay for your room at the Four Seasons!

biddingfortravel.com is a popular website many people use and post at in an effort to compare accepted and rejected bids using priceline "name your own price".

I use this site to as a way too determine what my beginning bids will be but I also look at Hotwire.com and find the same area and generally cut their asking price in half and start there.

biddingfortravel.com is a popular website many people use and post at in an effort to compare accepted and rejected bids using priceline "name your own price"....but it's a very busy, complex site and there are lots of areas to explore there....takes a while to learn and you need to register....and BEWARE the wrath of Sheryl, one of the moderators there...whoa!!

there really is a shrewd way to bid at priceline which this website can teach you, if you're patient to learn it and really want to save a few bucks....

or you can use hotwire or orbitz, which I usually have luck at also....

or your company can pay for your room at the Four Seasons!

I prefer http://www.betterbidding.com. They do everything that bidding for travel does, without being assholes. Admittedly, their database isn't nearly as large, but they're actually more helpful and just as accurate (and will help with Hotwire as well, which the other website won't).

I thought the photos looked great. Now I'm even more excited to stay there.

I think that you will like this hotel very much and will also enjoy all the neighborhood offerings. There is also the BART line that takes you to and from the airport which is always a plus in my book!

See you in Chicago my friend! :)

I booked this hotel last month for my trip to San Francisco in January and received a very low rate as well.

I thought the photos looked great. Now I'm even more excited to stay there.

Thanks Romann

I've stayed in this hotel on 3 occasions at very reasonable rates-- not as low as what Romann obtained though.

I've been using http://www.hotwire.com for my hotel reservations, and when I've clicked on SF Union Square east or west-- I've gotten great properties for under $150 per night. That is the way to go.

I love NYC (MANHATTAN)but abhor those high friggin' rates for a hotel stay. In 2007 on two occasions, I stayed in two different hotels for the tune of $200+ per night, and these hotels were definitely NOT as great as the ones that are in my second favorite city of the world, San Francisco!

New York Options

On my last visit to NY I used " Home away dot com " I had a beautiful Studio apartment in a luxury building in Chelsea. Doorman, Full Size Gym, and a fully appointed apartment. Including a washer and dryer. For $ 160 a night.

It was my first time using this site and it worked out well for me.

Just another option.

Dane Scott

Archived