Between a rock and an abyss

Guy Fawkes
This topic is 5289 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Several of you have noticed that I've been very quiet for the last few months. I feel that it's time to update my status. I've been working on three different projects as I've mentioned previously. The first project was completed and I have received payment. The second project is on-going but has turned out to be very slow paying.

It is the third that is creating the "Life Changing Event" for us. Our soon to be former partners in a new venture have turned out to be in as bad or worse financial shape than we are. After several months of "don't worry" and "The investors are all committed," it turns out that their promise to help bail out our mortgage on the house can't be completed. We're most likely going to be forced to move sometime in January.

The good news is that we retain the full rights to the "Intellectual Property" that we developed (A retail oriented mobile phone application with backend services). Even better news is that we have a viable demo of the product and a well defined feature set that is attractive to everybody that we've shown it to.

We have a local friend who is in the business of helping start up small companies but unfortunately we are not in the niche that his group specializes in.) He likes our concept and believes that it is fundable. We're currently reaching out to our friends and venture capital contacts to attempt to put seed funding in place. Raising capital in our current economic climate is both slow and tedious.

It appears that life is going to be rough on Daddy for a while unless a few angels appear to help out. For those of you that are similarly in a rough spot, please be good to yourself, be flexible, be adaptable, and be accepting of change when it is inevitable.

The best of Seasons Greetings to one and all,

Daddy

Hard times! My heart goes out to you! I was informed this month that my own job is being eliminated at the end of next year as part of a cost-cutting exercise ('simplifcation'). The good news is that my leave-date is December 2010, so I have a year to find something else.

But I'm sure many people are being forced to make drastic changes and encountering hardships in these troubled times!

Guest greatness

good wish to you too...

I think economy will get better by 2011. Good luck with your job hunt.

Hard times! My heart goes out to you! I was informed this month that my own job is being eliminated at the end of next year as part of a cost-cutting exercise ('simplifcation'). The good news is that my leave-date is December 2010, so I have a year to find something else.

But I'm sure many people are being forced to make drastic changes and encountering hardships in these troubled times!

And thank you

With all these challenges you are facing, it is extraordinary that you also find the time to do this website, which so many of us value so highly. Thanks for all the sacrifices you make to keep it going. I hope everything works out well for you.

Archived