Afetr 10 yrs

seaboy4hire
This topic is 5305 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest greatness

but what

Anyways, I'm glad that you had fun. :)

I finally hit the slopes & it felt soooo good, even if I only did the bunny slopes. LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!

Hugs,

Greg

I finally hit the slopes & it felt soooo good, even if I only did the bunny slopes. LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!

Hugs,

Greg

It doesn't matter, bunny slopes or death defying plunge, The importance is swishing the afternoon away and then hot toddies (and or cocao) by the fire. Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow. Have a great time and don't wait another 10 years until the next.

It doesn't matter, bunny slopes or death defying plunge, The importance is swishing the afternoon away and then hot toddies (and or cocao) by the fire. Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow. Have a great time and don't wait another 10 years until the next.

No way am I waiting another 10 yrs to hit the slopes again. Already looking if I can swing another trip up the mt. time permitting in a couple weeks. Even though there were some bare spots I still had a great time and so happy I didn't fall. It was almost like riding a bike, you never forget.

Hugs,

Greg

And in no time you will be doing those death defying slopes again. I'll be sticking to the cocoa and the fire but watching with great interest and skiing the bunny hill.

No way am I waiting another 10 yrs to hit the slopes again. Already looking if I can swing another trip up the mt. time permitting in a couple weeks. Even though there were some bare spots I still had a great time and so happy I didn't fall. It was almost like riding a bike, you never forget.

Hugs,

Greg

I learned to ski in my 30s so though I eventually could fight my way down some easy black diamonds, I was always a blue skier. I stopped for about 5 years and went back and was back doing the blues by the afternoon. Don't think I will ever see a black diamond again, but it has been another 5 years and I would like to get back, even if it is only to watch the guys in the tight ski pants in the lodge.

I learned to ski in my 30s so though I eventually could fight my way down some easy black diamonds, I was always a blue skier. I stopped for about 5 years and went back and was back doing the blues by the afternoon. Don't think I will ever see a black diamond again, but it has been another 5 years and I would like to get back, even if it is only to watch the guys in the tight ski pants in the lodge.

It's always been my goal skiing wise to get into the back country but just as I was getting fairly decent on my skies I got distracted and stopped skiing. I was really itching to get in the blues the other day but was still lacking the confidence. The big resort Crystal Mountain has some of the greens mixing into blues so I am thinking I am going to have to give my old stomping grounds a go in a couple weeks. I pray that between now and by the time I get over there they'll get a few feet of snow.

Hugs,

Greg

Well remember, if you are going to challenge yourself skiing, warm up on easy runs, then once you have the flow, go on to the challenge and then end the day back on the easy runs. Most skiing injuries happen late in the day, when conditions have changed mand the skiers are tired and trying to get in the one last great run. Don't be afraid to admit you are in over your head and come down on the butt. Better the butt than the face goes for skiing as well as other things.

Well remember, if you are going to challenge yourself skiing, warm up on easy runs, then once you have the flow, go on to the challenge and then end the day back on the easy runs. Most skiing injuries happen late in the day, when conditions have changed mand the skiers are tired and trying to get in the one last great run. Don't be afraid to admit you are in over your head and come down on the butt. Better the butt than the face goes for skiing as well as other things.

LOL Oh I know all about going down on my face. Its happened twice. Once fell in a deep hole (no pun intended) but luckily I was skiing with someone so they were able to help. Second time there was a jump and some friends were taking it. Being young and wanting to prove I was cool and what not I took the jump and fell flat on my face. OUCH! Despite those two mishaps it was still good times and fun.

Hugs,

Greg

If the falls were not there, where would be the fun in learning. Still, as they call it on the slopes around here, Be Careful not to do a Bono. (Face plant into a tree).

That fall in the deep hole was almost a Bono! Luckily I was able to avoid becoming one with the tree.

Hugs,

Greg

Guest greatness

Be careful

A lot of people injure themselves serioulsy..

LOL Oh I know all about going down on my face. Its happened twice. Once fell in a deep hole (no pun intended) but luckily I was skiing with someone so they were able to help. Second time there was a jump and some friends were taking it. Being young and wanting to prove I was cool and what not I took the jump and fell flat on my face. OUCH! Despite those two mishaps it was still good times and fun.

Hugs,

Greg

Guest DuchessIvanaKizznhugg

Just sayin'....

It's currently snowing in the DC area. Nothing is sticking to the roads, not even that much on the lawn. However, this is the DC area so no doubt panic has already begun to ensue. Such is the effect of the s word here.

It probably gives those in Buffalo a good chuckle. And if Buffalo is laughing at you, well, that's ...um....err....

Reminds me of the role in Chorus Line saying about living in Buffalo and contemplating suicide "Then I realized....that to commit suicide in Buffalo is redundant!!":D

Guest zipperzone
I lived in Buffalo for a decade, from 1969-1973. I know that is only 4 years but in Buffalo, it felt like a decade.

I spent one year in Winnipeg and it seemed like a lifetime. They have to put os much sand on the roads in the winter months (there about 9 of them) that when spring finally comes the town is like a giant box of kitty litter. Then there is the summer - the growing season is July 3 to the 14th.

Archived