Puerto Vallarta Strip Bars

Lucky

There are now 24 gaybars in Puerto Vallarta, many of them offering gogo boys or occasional strip shows. But there are two bars serving strictly as stripper bars.

Casanovas, Rua Constitucion and Lazaro Cardenas, is a nice bar with the better looking guys. They are good dancers who strip on stage and then mingle for tips throughout the audience.The club has many female patrons, and the dancers cater too much to them, in my opinion. The girls rarely tip, so it is hard to figure. Maybe the dancers need to prove that they are macho before going to take the tips from the guys. 20 pesos gets you a crotch grab, and perhaps some humping. But, you also get contact with some really hot guys.

Anthropology, Morelos 101 Plaza Rio, is for men only. Unlike Casanovas, it has a cover, 50 pesos, although cards for free admission can be found. Drinks are also more expensive, a coke going for 50 pesos, about $4.50.

The boys dance individually on the bar, getting fully naked and often hard.

At the same time the other dancers are mingling, rubbing aggressively against the customer in hopes of a tip, or more hopefully, a private dance at 500 pesos. You get full dick contact here, sometimes getting them hard. The night I was there was a busy night, and only the less attractive dancers were mingling, as the cuter guys were taken almost immediately after stopping their dance on the bar. When I say less attractive, I do not mean unattractive, as you wouldn't last long at a job like this without some assets.

Casanovas opens at 11, Anthropology at 9.

• 2 weeks later...

I do not have the address for Los Balcones, but it is about the oldest gay bar in PV. On Thursday nights around midnight they have a sexy stripper show, promising an ending not for the feint of heart. I didn't see it, but have in past visits, and it was worth the trip.

• 2 years later...

Just wanted to add my own experience which pretty much aligns with Lucky's, went in 2010. Puerto Vallarta, be still my heart... It is now my ultimate goal to live here. If you haven't been, it will steal your heart and mind. Most beautiful place with the most beautiful people I've ever been to.

Anthropology - cover 50 pesos (though you can get a free admission on their website). The dancers here are young, early 20s, some muscled some not so. There was an odd dancer there who seemed in their 40s, caucasian, and looking a little haggard, not sure what that was about. Went on two nights, though PV was having a wane in visitors so not very crowded, and the dancers were either overenthusiastic or just seemed bored and not into it. Private dance is 500 pesos, did not partake so can't comment on that. One of the dancers was walking around with a ridiculously massive erection on display making everyone tug on it, however, to me it just looked like a strap-on, not sure how common practice that is. Many of the dancers though are very friendly.

Casanovas - no cover (at least the times I went). Definitely the hottest dancers were there, much preferred them to Anthropology. But as Lucky observed, these dancers are all about the ladies. Very much got a look but don't touch vibe from them. Place was nearly empty both times I went, with the majority of the attendants being male, and the dancers still just honed in on the women (who rarely tipped). Needless to say never spent long here.

I believe that Los Balcones was closed when I went, not sure about now.

• 4 years later...

Just back from a trip to PV and made it to Anthropology. It sounds like not much has changed in the past few years. There was no cover charge when I was there, however there was a 2 drink minimum. Private dances were 500 pesos -- a friend of mine did one and had a very nice time. I would say the dancers ran the gamut from adorable and trim to packing on a few extra pounds. Almost all pretty smooth and good looking. Its a bit of a high pressure sell -- but then again, for 500 pesos, what can you lose.

Archived