Indianapolis: Unicorn Club

KY_TOP

Unicorn Club

122 W. 13th Street

Indianapolis, Indiana

(2 blocks off I-65, southside of Downtown)

Type Bar: Private Club with Male Dancers

Daily Membership sold: $2.00 Tues-Thur; $5.00 Fri & Sat;

$5.00 Monday(Drink and Drown Night with 1 cent Beer)

Phone#: 317-262-9195

Showtimes: Mon-Sat 10:30pm - 3am; Sunday 9pm - 12:30am

General Information: 15-25 dancers per night, a lot of twinks mixed with an occasional muscle or preppy boy.

Unicorn is a Private Club (Class C charity, according to my Card). You will be required to show I.D. and fill out personal info (which is NOT checked against your I.D) Make something up if you don't want them to know. Front door is secured and you must ring buzzer for entry.

Bar has 2 stages, Main stage center of the room with 2 poles in front of bar, and a second stage with Shower to the right of the bar, that is mainly used on weekends. Bar stools for patrons (members) line the walls of the bar. Dancers come out one at a time and strip down to g-string or underwear during one song sets. Then they move throughout the bar, patron to patron, for tips. There is no backroom BUT there is a dark ,elevated area to the extreme left of the bar. This is were most activity takes place depending upon the tip and the dancer. Limited Dancers may do Privates after closing.

• 6 months later...

RE: Indianapolis: Unicorn Club/Update

I was at Unicorn Thursday night, hadn't been for months, and most of the Dancers were Twinks. Not a real muscle boy in the lineup.

The guys were still VERY friendly in the dark area and not as many females in the audience as my last visits. Still a very unique place to visit in the middle of the country.

• 1 year later...

I get to the Unicorn Club every 6 weeks or so and the listed information is unchanged. I'd avoid Monday nights since that is "Drink and Drown" nights, that attract alot of mixed straight college kids there for the bottomless glass of beer for the $5.00 cover that night. They get loud and it is hard to get quality time with the dancers. The number of dancers is now generally less than 10, instead of the old 15-20 that use to dance each night.

It can be hit or miss on the quality of Dancers but it is still the best Strip Club between Madrigals in Chicago and Swinging Richards in Atlanta.

KYTOP's update is right on the mark, as usual! I was there a couple of weeks ago on a Wed. nite. There were approximately 6 dancers from about 10:30 until closing (3:00 am). One dancer I would describe as a "Gaiety type"; the rest were late teens/early 20's twink/jock types and were very friendly, creative & affectionate for tips. Drink prices were fairly reasonable and the waiter was very cute. The crowd was less than 15 (all guys) and the dancers circulated fairly well.

new web site address: http://www.unicornclub.com

• 3 months later...

;) I have visited the Unicorn Club six times in the past year and the quality of the dancers has really improved, especially if you like twinks :) The cover charge is only $5 for out of town visitors. The drinks are reasonably priced; and the dancers are very friendly for a few dollars tip.

The dancers respond more to the number of dollar bills than the denomination of the bill! A twenty in the guy's thong gets you a polite thank you and nothing else; this happened twice. Yet, five one-dollar bills got me a passionate five minute lap dance, and additional visits later on.

Most of the dancers come around to each patron and greet you after their time on stage, even if you didn't tip them on stage. This is great on crowded nights or for those who are shy. As a visitor to Indy, I appreciated that the dancers were willing to meet with all the club's patrons, not just their friends.

Thanks for your Unicorn update, I was there 2 weeks ago and it is one of the best strip clubs in the US. Unicorn no longer has dancers on Thursday nights as of July 1. They now have a "Cabaret Night" with a drag show. Thursday use to be a fun night, not too crowded and easy to get attention.

I very much agree about the improvement in the Dancer quality and the increase in the number of dancers. When tipping a larger bill you must make sure the dancer sees the denomination. My last trip I tipped a larger bill and the dancer soon left. The next round he came by to apologize saying thought it was only a dollar and didn't realize it was much more until going upstairs.

• 2 weeks later...

:) I wanted to add a big thank you to the staff at the Unicorn Club for their help and assistance. After the downtown fireworks on July 4, I went to the Unicorn and had a great time. After the club closed, I discover a flat tire on my rental car. The staff let me back in to call AAA. We couldn't find a phone book. The doorman had the AAA number on his cell phone and let me use it w/o charge. The call took 20 minutes to complete, since they had to verify my membership from California! {My AAA card was back in the hotel room] Because it was a holiday night, AAA estimated that it would 5 am before they could come and fix the car. One of the dancer was nice enough to give me a ride back to my hotel. (Yes, I gave him a tip! No, there was no private dance in my hotel room! He went onto a party with his friends.) I was very impressed that the staff at the Unicorn Club was willing to wait around on their own time, looking out for the safety of one visiting customer.

• 10 months later...

Was there last week on a wed night. They have put in new carpet which spruces the place up a little. About 7 dancers with about 7 customers... needless to say ever customery got their just due. Admission was $2 and the dancers are very creative for tips...even moreso than Boardwalk.

Sebastian is a hot Filipino/American dancer with great features and is very friendly.

He is my favorite.

stripfan

• 5 months later...

RE: Indianapolis: Unicorn Club Update

I spend several nights at the Unicorn Club over the Veterans Day weekend. The daily membership is now $5, instead of $3. Even though Thursday night has a drag show, there are still dancers. Between each "diva's" performance, there are dancers on stage. Also during the diva's performance, the dancers are out in the audience giving lap dances.

There are more women now, but not-the-bachelorette-parties/girls night-out groups you might see at some larger male strip clubs (old Madrigals in Chicago, Dicks in Phoenix, Boxers n Briefs in St Louis)

• 1 year later...

I am pleased to report The Unicorn Club is still going strong! I was there a couple of weeks ago on a week night. The club membership was $2.00 for that night with a two drink minimum. There were about 8 dancers and most were twinkish but at least one beefy guy. A couple were too street/hustler for my taste but they were popular with others in the crowd.

As usual dancers were very generous with their g strings and interactive for tips. I picked up several phone numbers that night but I was in Indy with a group so could not follow through!

All-in-all a fun way to spend a weeknight. Drinks not too expensive and the dancers are friendly.

Stripfan

• 4 years later...
  • 6 months later...

I visited on a Thursday night. They are now open only on Thursday-Sunday. Signs said that would start opening on Wednesdays later in June. There were about twelve dancers, ranging from real muscle guys to fitness models to homeless guys off the street. Many dancers had their friends and regulars to talk to, when they weren't dancing. Very few circulated around the bar to talk with patrons. Even though the sign said that they were open until 3 am, they closed the bar at 2 am. It was the first time that I was disappointed in my night at the Unicorn.

Archived