Montreal weather question

LurkerSpeaks
This topic is 6859 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I am trying to plan another vacation to Montreal before it gets too cold. Was aiming for Sept, but it seems like I may not be able to make it that soon. When does it get "unbearably" cold (to me that would be not getting over 45 degrees fahrenheit or so during the days). Remember, please, I am from sunny Arizona, so I am not used to the brutal cold. I couldnt mind some cold weather at night, as long as it gets somewhat warm during daylight hours. Thanks guys for your assistance. Also, does anyone here have any experience or know of a hotel called VIP all suite hotel in Montreal? I have seen it on a few sites and it looks very "trendy, boutique-like", but havent heard from anyone who knows of it first hand.

Based on my own personal experience, you can expect reasonable weather right up until Halloween, or the end of October, generally, with some exceptions that wouldn't last too long, like a cooler day than normal (something below 45 degrees in the day).

But once you get into November, then the weather can be quite unpredictable, no matter what the "averages" say. In November there are more "exceptional" colder days where it does not reach 45 degrees. It has also been known to snow in November, although it usually does not accumulate. Once you pass December 1, you just are waiting for the first enormous snowfall!

Just to illustrate how weird the weather can be in Montreal, last New Year's eve, it was 45 degrees.

web site updates

>I just wish Taboo would update their website...

I suspect the rule of thumb the owners of Taboo and Campus follow for website updates is "no sense bothering until 75% of the dancers posted on the site have quit working." Or maybe it's "might as well leave the pictures up; you never know when a dancer will need cash and come back to work."

Being from San Diego and a frequent Montreal visitor, I share your concern about the weather... I'm planning my last trip before the harsh winter for the first weekend in November... while I know it'll be cool, I'm pretty confident that it is more likely to be in the 30s-40s rather than the single digits they can sometimes get in Jan/Feb.

If you're looking for a really nice/hip modern boutique hotel I'd strongly recommed the Loews - I think its the best in town!

Although Montreal's weather IS unpredictable to say the least, late September, October are quite often gorgeous---low humidity, lower temps and very rarely below 45 degrees F. There is also the added advantage that many of the "nice" restaurants along St. Catherine are not air-conditioned, and in Sept/Oct they are less crowded and much more comfortable.

I've not stayed at the VIP Suites place, but I did walk by to check out the neighbourhood, parking, access, etc. I think it would be fine for someone who was planning on a longer stay in Montreal than just a weekend--not sure. There is a fairly new hotel on the corner of Rene Levesque and St. Dennis--can't remember the name, sorry, that I did a walk through and was impressed with--again for a longer stay there are studio apts with cooking facilities, etc.

E-mail me privately if you have more questions, other recommendations and most of all have FUN in one of North America's great cities.

Samai

Im not pretentious but Id like to try to be...is this a good hotel for me ? :-)

If ya want the exact opposite, try Hotel St Andre...totally unpretentious and actually had a bit of a "welfare motel" aire about it. My venetian blinds were missing a lot of there teeth and the sun seems to come up quite early in Montreal :( ya cant beat the price though...3 days for about $220 USD. air conditioning was broken in the hall on the second floor and my room air conditioner sucked but you do get a continental breakfast brought to your room each morning...I answered the door in my underwear and gave the lady a taste of America

The Hyatt has one of the best locations in Montreal, located at "Place des Arts".

Just get on the metro at Place des Arts and take it to Pappineau (the strips clubs) and you're there!

I've only been to Montreal once; however, the Hyatt is simple and convenient.

I've also walked from the Hyatt to club Taboo many times (and I'm 350 pounds); however, it is a brisk 20-30 minute walk through some seedy areas (especially at night like 3am).

The subway closes around midnite-1am; however, there is always the 24-hour bus and also the taxi cabs.

Check out: http://www.biddingfortravel.com and click on "Hotels Canada -Montreal.

>I'm confidnet I can get the Hyatt for $40 USD a night when I visit again this September.

Hope your crystal ball is accurate -- travel is up and Montreal prices as reported on BFT this summer are way up over last year this time. Priceline is still a bargain compared to other options (especially over the St Andres of the world), but we may not see $40-$45 rooms at the Hyatt and Delta again (at least during high season) for some time to come.

BigGuy~~`

Hey, how are you?? Sorry it took so long to retrieve the name of the hotel, but I've found it:

Le Roberval, on the corner of Berri and Boulevard Rene Levesque

internet address: www. leroberval.com

toll free number for reservations: 1.877.552.5215

I'll be in Montreal this weekend. Any chance you will be too?

All my best,

Buzz

Hi Buzz-I wilsh I could be in Montreal this weekend-but am hosting my nephew on his first trip alone to the big city!

I have toured the Robeval.The Management was really sweet and the property,while basic,was spotless.

There are two parts to this property and its true raison d'etre is student housing.

You do have to pass a desk on the way to your room-so not big and annonymous like I like my hotels-but if someone wants a nice clean place to sleep I would recomend it.

Archived