Finding Hoovillains in Montreal

milkman
This topic is 6911 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

A lot of posters talk about having met each other in Montreal.

How do Hoovillains find each other in Montreal?

I mean, how do you know who is a Hoovillain when you don't know them?

I don't suppose that when they introduce themselves they use their noms de board. Or do they?

Is there a code word? A recognition signal? A secret handshake?

A special lapel pin, or some special article of clothing?

I go to Montreal too and I may very well have been in the room with some posters or even talked to them. But how do you know?

Curious.

Dear Curious,

I found your ideas on how to recognize a Hoovillian to be very funny. No, there isn't a secret password to meet other board members, but here's a suggestion.

If you're interested in meeting other "Hoovillians", you can either place a post in the "Traveling Hoovillians" forum or right here. Let us know when you'll be there and if someone is going at the same time, they'll get in touch.

Good luck and I hope to meet you in Montreal one day, but don't forget to wear your Hooville button!

Coop

Cooper made some good suggestions. But why limit yourself to Hoovillians (was "Hoovillains" a typo or a wry comment)? There are lots of interesting guys who frequent (more or less frequently) the Montreal strip clubs, and whose company for a few minutes or hours can help to break the monotony (yes, there can be monotony).

I've found it very easy to strike up conversations. Sometimes it's with another American whom I've overheard ordering a drink. Sometimes it's with someone a dancer or waiter introduces me to. I'm always amazed by the range of places we come from and occupations we profess.

By the way, my observation is that a group of customers sitting together having a good time is often a magnet for dancers -- they believe (and with reason, in my experience) that such a group is likely to generate more business than guys sitting alone.

One night in Montreal, I decided to go meet some fellow HV's.

I left Stock, where I usually hang out, and went to Taboo. I found the table with the largest crowd, walked up and asked if one of those guys was Tampa Yankee. They all laughed and said no, he was in the back room. (I was to learn that wasn't uncommon. :-) )

I joined the table for a couple of hours and thoroughly enjoyed the company. So, next time you're in Taboo, look for crazy Americans at a table who seem to know all the dancers. :-)

BG

Archived