GAIETY LINEUP FOR THE WEEK OF 2/7/05

ValleyDwellerNorth
This topic is 7054 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Saw the show last night...My favorite was Jaguar. He just looks he's chillin and having a good time on stage. He is also pretty ripped. He would have been my choice for my "one a month" program, but it was difficult to find him. Tried to make eye contact when he came back to the Gaiety, but no luck.

Yup, definitely had the experience of two dancers talking in the lounge with no one else there but me...no contact, but I really wasnt trying either. Sat at the front of the stage, tipped everyone, still no response. It was a pretty dead night though

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>

>I have seen dancers standing in a group talking to each other

>and ignnoring the patrons standing nearby who obviously want

>to talk to them. It's almost like being in a gay bar.

>

Is there a unwritten rule that a patron can't initiate conversation with a dancer? "Hi Joe, I'm John, I liked your show..." There's not a dancer at the Gaiety who won't instantly stop what he's doing and start talking to you, even if he's talking to other dancers, who will also give him space to talk to you.

I realize some of the people who go to the Gaiety are shy, insecure or unsure about what to do and I sympathize. But keep in mind the scene in the Gaiety lounge is nothing like a gay bar because there is no chance of rejection. The dynamic is completely different from a party or bar because you know that by virtue of working there, the dancers WANT to talk to you. They're there to make money and that money comes from privates. So if you want to talk to a dancer, talk to the dancer and don't be a wallflower.

>>

>>

>

>Is there a unwritten rule that a patron can't initiate

>conversation with a dancer? "Hi Joe, I'm John, I liked your

>show..."

No and that's why it pays to be a little aggessive (in a friendly way of course) and not wait for the dancer to make the first move.

There's not a dancer at the Gaiety who won't

>instantly stop what he's doing and start talking to you, even

>if he's talking to other dancers, who will also give him space

>to talk to you.

I agree with you but I think many people, seeing a group talking, feel like they are being rude by intruding in on a conversation. A dancer doesn't have to be a rocket scientist to know that if someone is looking at him they are interested. This is where it helps if the dancer will at least look over and smile or nod hello to the patron.

>

>I realize some of the people who go to the Gaiety are shy,

>insecure or unsure about what to do and I sympathize. But

>keep in mind the scene in the Gaiety lounge is nothing like a

>gay bar because there is no chance of rejection. The dynamic

>is completely different from a party or bar because you know

>that by virtue of working there, the dancers WANT to talk to

>you. They're there to make money and that money comes from

>privates. So if you want to talk to a dancer, talk to the

>dancer and don't be a wallflower.

As I said "its almost like a gay bar" but that doesn't mean it is one. Still any fear of rejection is enough to hold many people back and I agree that's silly. This is not about dating and finding "Mr. Right" it's a business arrangement with "Mr. Right Now".

>

>Is there a unwritten rule that a patron can't initiate

>conversation with a dancer?

The only unwritten rule I've ever used is be real!

About a month ago, Pino, the lean, kinetic Toronto dancer with the dick of death brought down his protege Leo, a short muscular guy of middle eastern origin to debute at the Gaiety. I caught his performance at a midweek show and got to talk with him a bit (after making it know that I was not "in the market" that evening). I asked how his week had gone and he replied "At least they're awake tonight!" Seems some of us olsters nodded off during earlier performance. That's got to kill a dancer's motivation to titilate.

A week ago the new guy Tristan from Boston came out and was a shameless flirt. I was in a "ringside" seat (and in the appropriate mood) so I flirted right back. He knelt often (and profitabley) at my seat. His second number was to the tune about "Welcome to the Hotel California" and he ended it, back to the audiance, with a rhymic two count bump in time with the last two chords of the song and a quick blackout. I cracked up at the audacious showmanship. Several dancers later, I took a break and headed for the Lounge (sorry Novice NY - I'm one of THOSE!). He was there and just as I was go up to him to thank him for the show he bolted toward me and thanked me for obviously enjoying his performance. He said "It's so much easier out there when you know someone is really enjoying what you do."

So Relax. Be real. If you're enjoying yourself, don't be afraid to show it. If you're horny and being titillated, let that out too. But above all please stay awake.

eunuch karl

>Several dancers later, I took a break and headed for the Lounge (sorry Novice NY - I'm one of THOSE"

No eunuch, you arent...In order to be one of the "walkers" you can never sit down and must continually be walking around the theater. Going to the bathroom, stretching ones legs, etc. are valid reasons...circling the runway for 2 hours is just distracting !!

LustinGuy,

Good for you !!!

Brett,

Not really sure about this, but every once in awhile I hit up the rentboy site and notice that there are a few guys there from out of town, who dance at the Gaiety. For example, Leo (Greek/Arab) will be in town until 2/21. Im betting that he will be at the Gaiety this week...

RE: GAIETY LINEUP FOR THE WEEK OF 2/14/05

So who do we have for this week ?

1)Leo (my guess)

2)Mauriceo (this guy is a fucken trouper huh ?! He keeps dancing and dancing and never seems to tire of it !!

3)Christopher aka Samuel

4)Alex

5)Giovanni from TN (my guess)

6) Sebastien (Canada...dont know where...my guess)

And Mystery number seven

Archived