Montreal for thanksgiving?

bigguyinpasadena
This topic is 7457 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Against my better judgement(I swore I would never go there during an American holiday weekend again)I am thinking of going up to Montreal for Thanksgiving weekend.

I am bidding on priceline now for a package deal-bid $450(which turned out to be $571 after taxes and fees)they rejected that coming back with an offer of $700(inclding taxes)With priceline you do not get miles so now I am trying to put together my own package using AC.

Any one else going up Thanksgiving weekend?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Against my better judgement(I swore I would never go there during an American holiday weekend again)I am thinking of going up to Montreal for Thanksgiving weekend.

I am bidding on priceline now for a package deal-bid $450(which turned out to be $571 after taxes and fees)they rejected that coming back with an offer of $700(inclding taxes)With priceline you do not get miles so now I am trying to put together my own package using AC.

Any one else going up Thanksgiving weekend?

>Against my better judgement(I swore I would never go there

>during an American holiday weekend again)I am thinking of

>going up to Montreal for Thanksgiving weekend.

Although Thanksgiving is an American holiday, I do not believe that Montreal will be crowded with Americans over that four-day period. This is because Thanksgiving is more of a family holiday while family members tend to stay close to home and with each other.

I visited Montreal at Thanksgiving three years ago. Montreal was just like any other day and weekend with respect to crowds of Americans.

I'm not sure if I am going to Montreal this Thanksgiving. At the present time I have other plans for Thanksgiving.

However, since I am taking my first trip to Rio in late October, I might swear off Montreal and continue soirees south of the Border. We'll see.

>Against my better judgement(I swore I would never go there

>during an American holiday weekend again)I am thinking of

>going up to Montreal for Thanksgiving weekend.

Although Thanksgiving is an American holiday, I do not believe that Montreal will be crowded with Americans over that four-day period. This is because Thanksgiving is more of a family holiday while family members tend to stay close to home and with each other.

I visited Montreal at Thanksgiving three years ago. Montreal was just like any other day and weekend with respect to crowds of Americans.

I'm not sure if I am going to Montreal this Thanksgiving. At the present time I have other plans for Thanksgiving.

However, since I am taking my first trip to Rio in late October, I might swear off Montreal and continue soirees south of the Border. We'll see.

I was in Montreal last year for Thanksgiving weekend. It was great. I go to Montreal regularly, but I usually avoid Holiday weekends, and I always avoid "circuit party" weekends. I don't need the crowds or the craziness, and the dancers have more time for me. Thanksgiving is relatively low key in Montreal, as it is not a Canadian holiday, and the weather has started to get cool.

The only problem that I had last year was a long wait at the border (more than an hour) due to the holiday weekend and more stringent security. But I drive from Boston, so if you fly, it shouldn't matter. The last time I went to Montreal in August, I breezed through Customs, going both ways.

I was in Montreal last year for Thanksgiving weekend. It was great. I go to Montreal regularly, but I usually avoid Holiday weekends, and I always avoid "circuit party" weekends. I don't need the crowds or the craziness, and the dancers have more time for me. Thanksgiving is relatively low key in Montreal, as it is not a Canadian holiday, and the weather has started to get cool.

The only problem that I had last year was a long wait at the border (more than an hour) due to the holiday weekend and more stringent security. But I drive from Boston, so if you fly, it shouldn't matter. The last time I went to Montreal in August, I breezed through Customs, going both ways.

Guest Tampa Yankee

Had no problem last Thanksgiving -- great hotel rate too, $35 US. Better attended than a regular weekend but nowhere near a typical summer holiday weekend. And for drivers, yes border crossing was a bitch -- almost two hours. :( Next time I will lay over until Monday. ;)

Thinking about Thanksgiving, especially if taboo is up and running. However, I'm considering a date in Dec. and I'm not sure that I'm up for two visits a few weeks apart as the weather has definitely started to head south by then.

Guest Tampa Yankee

Had no problem last Thanksgiving -- great hotel rate too, $35 US. Better attended than a regular weekend but nowhere near a typical summer holiday weekend. And for drivers, yes border crossing was a bitch -- almost two hours. :( Next time I will lay over until Monday. ;)

Thinking about Thanksgiving, especially if taboo is up and running. However, I'm considering a date in Dec. and I'm not sure that I'm up for two visits a few weeks apart as the weather has definitely started to head south by then.

BOZO WAS IN MONTREAL LAST THANKSGIVING. IN FACT, HE MET UP WITH THE ESTEEMED MR. REVERE AS WELL AS THE BELOVED NY OBSERVER.

THANKSGIVING DOES DRAW MORE OF A CROWD IN THE STRIP CLUBS THAN A NORMAL FALL/WINTER WEEKEND IN MONTREAL, HOWEVER, THE CROWDS ARE NOT NEARLY AS LARGE AS THEY ARE DURING THE SUMMER OR HOLIDAY WEEKENDS.

BTW, BOZO MAY DO A REPEAT PERFORMANCE IN MONTREAL THIS THANKSGIVING.

ALSO, BOZO WILL BE IN MONTREAL FOR 10 DAYS BEGINNING FRIDAY, SEPT 12TH. ANYONE ELSE PLANNING A VISIT?

BOZO

>

>ALSO, BOZO WILL BE IN MONTREAL FOR 10 DAYS BEGINNING FRIDAY,

>SEPT 12TH. ANYONE ELSE PLANNING A VISIT?

>

>BOZO

>

Hi Bozo:

I'll be in Montreal from September 12 until September 16. Where do you go in Montreal? How will I know you unless you have on your clown costume? Cheers

Tampa yankee,I don't know if it is the atmosphere of Taboo or the type of boys that work there.If it is the boys-belive me,Campus has scooped up a lot of the boys and they are"entertaining"during the afternoons at the Campus.

NOW ATTTTTTTENTION MARC ANTONY and those with similar taste in guys.There are two new guys at the StockBar in the afternoons that should tickle your fancy.One is called Emilio-total babe-eyes and face that will make you write bad checks.Also BILLY THE KID a redhead that is such a great dancer that I was slipping him $$ just for his great energy.

So,even if Taboo does not reopen(and at this point I would bet against it-unless it is as a totally new club)there is plenty of twink talent to keep everyone happy.

For those poster that did fly to Montreal over Thanksgivings past-I am planning on taking the non-stop back on Sunday-do y'all think it will be a hassle at the Montreal Airport?

Amd Mr.BOZO T. CLOWN-watch out I am known to do extreme things to win a redheads favor!

IMRTHR:

WHEN IN MONTREAL, BOZO HAS THREE HAUNTS THAT HE FAVORS WITH HIS PRESENCE: LE CAMPUS, LE STOCK BAR AND OLYMPIC STADIUM.

BOZO IS NOT A BIG FAN OF TWINK BOYS SO HE AVOIDS TABOO AND ADONIS.

BOZO IS DIFFICULT TO DESCRIBE. HE OFTEN WEARS HIS MONTREAL EXPOS CAP OR TEAM JERSEY. IN FACT, ON SEPT 12, AFTER THE EXPOS/METS GAME, BOZO

WILL WEAR HIS MONTREAL EXPO COUTURE SO HE CAN BE RECOGNIZED.

PHYSICALLY, WELL, BOZO LOOKS LIKE YOUR RUN-OF-THE-MILL STUD.

NOW, IMRTHR, HOW WILL BOZO RECOGNIZE YOU?

BIGGUYINPASADENA:

AND BOZO IS A NATURAL REDHEAD !!

BOZO

>BOZO

>WILL WEAR HIS MONTREAL EXPO COUTURE SO HE CAN BE RECOGNIZED.

>PHYSICALLY, WELL, BOZO LOOKS LIKE YOUR RUN-OF-THE-MILL STUD.

>NOW, IMRTHR, HOW WILL BOZO RECOGNIZE YOU?

>

>Although Twinks are okay people, I, too, do not find them interesting physically. Therefore, I favor the Stock and ocassionly frequent the Campus. I am, as you said about yourself, just another "run-of-the-mill" guy. However, to be recognized and because the weather will be chilly at night during my stay, I will wear either a grey or maroon turtle-neck sweater during the evening. According to the weather report, here is what is expected for Montreal:

Fri

Sep 12 Partly Cloudy 76°/56° 20 %

Sat

Sep 13 Partly Cloudy 74°/57° 10 %

Sun

Sep 14 Partly Cloudy 71°/56° 10 %

Mon

Sep 15 Mostly Cloudy 69°/53° 20 %

Tue

Sep 16 Mostly Cloudy 71°/53° 10 %

http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/local/CAXX0301?whatprefs=&lswe=&lswa=

Cheers -

>Tampa yankee,I don't know if it is the atmosphere of Taboo or

>the type of boys that work there.

Big guy: I don't want to speak for TY (though having been with him many times in Montreal, I know what his answer would be), but for me it is both, and actually moreso the atmosphere.

I have always found a few boys at both Stock and Campus that I like a lot, and I visit those clubs to see these boys, but I cannot sit at any of those clubs all night long like I can at Taboo. And it is because of the atmosphere. The boys there actually seem to enjoy just hanging out at your table and spending time with you. And almost every night I go to Taboo, at least a few of them will join me or my group at Le Club Sandwich for after club eats. I cannot say I have ever had that experience with any other dancer at any other club.

So, yes... I like twinks. But more importantly, I like really friendly boys who enjoy your company even when they are not being paid.

>Thinking about Thanksgiving, especially if taboo is up and

>running. However, I'm considering a date in Dec. and I'm not

>sure that I'm up for two visits a few weeks apart as the

>weather has definitely started to head south by then.

Some of us are actually counting how many times you are going there in 3 months.

And some of us are pretty damn jealous too!

:7

Guest Tampa Yankee

>Big guy: I don't want to speak for TY (though having been

>with him many times in Montreal, I know what his answer would

>be), ...

You sure did...

;-)

RE: BOZO CONQUERS MONTREAL

>IMRTHR:

>

>IT'S A DATE:

>

>NEXT FRIDAY, SEPT 12TH AT 10:00 PM AT STOCK BAR!

>YOU IN YOUR GRAY OR MAROON TURTLE NECK SWEATER. BOZO IN HIS

>MONTREAL EXPO CAP!

>

>BOZO

>

Oh-oh! I have a date Friday night (if he shows up). If he doesn't show, I shall be at the Stock Friday night. This also depends on Air Canada getting me to Montreal as my flight does not reach Montreal until after 6 p.m. If my friend shows, I will be at the Stock on Saturday, Sunday & Monday instead. My date is someone I met in Montreal about two years ago. He used to be a dancer. Sometimes he is reliable and shows up and sometimes he doesn't. He telephoned me three times this week so I am fairly confident that he will show. He has that "Je ne c'est quoi" charm which allows him to be unreliable. Anyway, even if I see him all the days that I am in Montreal, I am sure that I can drag him into the Stock to say "hello"

Cheers

Tampa Yankee and other "drivers" to Montreal:

I don't know what route you take to get to Montreal and back into the U.S., but you can AVOID the Champlain crossing. There is at least one alternative that will speed you through customs very easily. If interested let me know---

Buzz

Hi guys I was just in Montreal and stayed at the Dorion Hotel which is

above Taboos, from what I heard Taboos will be closeing Next week

and hopefully reopening again with in a few months, some of the dancers are now working at Campus during the days and others are

working at Adonis, I talked to Matt ( who use to date James ) and he

told me that he will wait untill Taboos reopens and take a break from

danceing untill then, From what I heard his EX James is no longer

danceing and has moved on to other things, I only stopped in Taboos

for 5 mins cause its not really my cup of tea and this is the info

that was giving to me from Matt, I did however go to Campus and to

Stock bar both clubs are doing well, with small audences during the

days but enough to get them by , they both have a much bigger crowd on

thurs, fri, and sat evenings. If your looking for Guys that are from

Taboos then Campus during the hours of 3- 8.30 PM would be your best

bet.

• 1 month later...