The Olympics

HooBoy
This topic is 8132 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I don't have the writing skills to transfer the overwhelming feeling I have from my brain to my keyboard to your brain.

Right now, I am so moved by Russian figure skater Alexei Yagudin. His performance brought tears to my eyes, but the TV commentators said he changed his program and was skating conservative and they predicted he was compromising to settle for a lesser medal.

Hell, I thought he was beautiful and classy.

He kissed the ice and he cried BEFORE the results were in.

Dammit, I was moved.

And when he won the GOLD, I whooped.

Sorry, I don't write so well. I just wanted to share a moment. I hope Will and some of the others will chime in to add color to this site..

And it'll be cool if you share your favorite olympic moment here...and post the pics of the babes, too.

The emotion that these athletes feel is indicative of both their passion for their sport and the investment of hard work that they have made. You are right... it is a thing of beauty. That is why I am so hopeful that the IOC does the right thing and awards a second gold medal to the pairs skaters from Canada. And it has nothing to do with the fact that everyone wants to jump on the guy's bones!:9

Agreed, Hoo.

By that point in the event, he knew he needed a clean program to medal so he went for a clean program and his scores reflected it. (He's the only skater in the event that didn't bobble a jump.)

How about little Timothy Goebble, though? Not one, but THREE quads, and one of them late in his routine! I see BIG endorsements in that kid's future.

I'm pretty thrilled as well that the IOC has decided to award a second gold medal to the Canadian pair.

It's not how well they perform, but how good they look that's important! ;-) And the guy who won the gold is sooo much better looking than the guy who won the silver. I mean, is there anybody here who thinks the silver medalist is attractive? Of course, Goebel is a cutie pattootie, but he's got some growing up to do--I'll think he'll look better as he gets older.

Archived