Gaiety Tryouts

Minneapolis
This topic is 7635 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

>There is a stripper in minneapolis who is totally the Gaiety

>type of dancer. I told him he should dance there and and

>asked me how to go about doing that. Anyone know?

>

The easiest way is for him to come to NY and do an audition. They take place during the weekday shows and on Sundays... Others have called the Gaiety and have been asked to send a picture. Still others have been recommended by fellow dancers or patrons... As Foxy mentioned, have him call the Club and express his interest. Some patrons have been asking the management to bring in new dancers... BTW, what do you consider to be the "Gaiety type of dancer"?... Let us know how it goes.

Rule One: Learn French

Rule Two: Become Gay 4 Pay

Rule Three: Refuse anything after you have been paid

Rule Four: Say you have to get back to The Gaiety even though you are not on stage for 2 hours

Rule Five: Get your room buddy to knock on you hotel door 10 minutes after you have started to enjoy

Rule Six: Get your Girl friend to call your cell phone

Rule Seven: Don't Pay tax to the US Government

Rule Eight: Dont pay tax to the Canadian Government

Rule Nine: Say you know a guy from a Circus

Rule Ten: Stay in Michigan

Rule One: Learn French

Rule Two: Become Gay 4 Pay

Rule Three: Refuse anything after you have been paid

Rule Four: Say you have to get back to The Gaiety even though you are not on stage for 2 hours

Rule Five: Get your room buddy to knock on you hotel door 10 minutes after you have started to enjoy

Rule Six: Get your Girl friend to call your cell phone

Rule Seven: Don't Pay tax to the US Government

Rule Eight: Dont pay tax to the Canadian Government

Rule Nine: Say you know a guy from a Circus

Rule Ten: Stay in Michigan

Cynical though your comments may sound -- they are SO true. Without getting into dangerous specifics, you generally don't get what you agree on, even after further $ thrown in. And the comments the Canadian kids make in the lounge about the clients are denigratring. They do not know I am fluent in French and even when talking to me, they have made comments among themselves comments about potential clients in the lounge.

Suggestion -- Go to Rio, Sao Paulo or Acapulco where, for a max of $35 you will be extremely satisfied and not rushed. Also. the food is great.

Minneapolis, Another thing this stripper should consider is the length of his Gaiety stay. Some new dancers will work only for a weekend and see if it's their cup of tea. Others put in a full 7 day week Mon-Sun., with 5 stage shows a day, and some go for 10 straight days. If this stripper is as good as you say, his potential for making $5,000+ (a week after expenses) is a real possibility.

BTW, the Canadian (French speaking) dancers do not dominate the lineups. The dancers come from all over the US, Europe, S.A., and Canada. MOST are honest and up-front about the services they provide. As a regular patron at the Gaiety and one who has seen more than my share of private action, I've only had 1 bad experience and that involved a sliding scale... If, when making private arrangements with a dancer, he doesn't live up to what he promises, then hit the boards with that information. This forum has taken on a new direction about being open and honest about private shows. Many members have been educated about how to set up a private with a dancer by asking detailed questions before leaving the lounge and following the Gaiety threads.

Archived