A big Holiday hug to everyone on here :)

Guest showme43
This topic is 8184 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest showme43

Merry Christmas Talvin, hope you rec'd my e-card.

It's been 4 years since I lost my mom to cancer and holidays are still especially tough. But I cherish the times past and the time I still can be with the rest of my family. Don't dwell on your loss and what might have been, but reflect on your memories and the joy you shared for that will never leave you.

Rick

hope to see you in Orlando in '02;-)

I just want to wish everyone (even the guys on this board who do not like me) a very happy and safe holiday. The roads are crazy and many people are short tempered during the mad holiday rush. Just take a deep breath and thank god we are all alive.

It does not matter what god you pray to, just pray for those who have lost love ones this year in some of the tragic events that have happened. I know it is going to be a very difficult Christmas for me as I lost my mom this past January. And quite frankly I really don't want to go home to see my family due to the fact that there is going to be one chair empty when we sit down at the dinner table this year.

So TO ALL OF YOU Have a safe and happy holiday.

Please take care of each other. :)

God Bless

Talvin

http://www.talvindemachio.com

Thanks for the Holiday sentiment and the same to you. Hope to meet you on your next trip to Florida.

Having lost my mother (she was only 53) to lung cancer four years ago in November, I know how difficult that first Christmas without Mom can be. I won't promise that it gets any easier with the passing of time, but it becomes more bearable. For the first year or so I whenever something went well at work or I had read a good book that I knew she would enjoy, I would instinctively reach for the phone to call her. Sometimes I would momentarily forget that she was no longer here. So it's important to cherish your family while they're still around.

Happy holiday and God bless!

Sorry...what a stupid thing for me to say that I should not go home to see my family. I did not mean it like that. I just meant that it is going to be very hard to be around the family since we are not complete anymore.

My mom was 62 and died of diabetes. But she is in a better place now. I would not want her to suffer like she did. Scorpio sorry to hear about you mom too.

Well A very happy holiday to you all :) Be careful out there!!!

Talvin

http://www.talvindemachio.com

Talvin, a big roundhouse hug right back atcha.

December 17 was the 20th anniversary of my father's death, on his 54th birthday. His funeral was 3 days later, on his mother's birthday. SHE was a real happy camper. x(

My dad was just a big kid when it came to Christmas. He loved everything about it. The intrigue, hiding presents, wrapping them at the last minute and sticking them under the tree. It made Christmas very fun for me growing up. Not having him around at Christmas makes it hard on all of us.

One week before his death, he had me help him to the car and drive him to a local lumber yard that had great kitchen displays to buy a ceramic canister set my Mom liked (which was actually hand-painted by a friend of mine). That set of canisters is in my kitchen today.

Christmas is bittersweet for me because Dad isn't around. But I try to remember how much he loved everything about it and bring that joy of the season to whoever I'm with.

Mourn your mother. That's human. But keep her spirit alive by celebrating the Christmas she'd want you to have.

Smooch, babe.

Guest LATINLUVR

dear talvin..how can anybody not like you...with a smile like that...although we have never met i have always respected your professionalism, honesty, and strong sense of integrity in all of your posts...as many people already have i wish you and your family the happiest of holidays...may this year and all following be filled with happiness, good health, and much love...take comfort in knowing your mother is in a better place and that she brought you into this world...her love and kindness lives on in you for you bring so much happiness and warmth to so many..happy holidays..a fan from afar

Talvin, my sympathies over your lost. I do want to just tell you one thing. I lost my grandmother about a month before Christmas 7 years ago. She was basically my second mother and in some ways closer to me than my own mother. That Christmas I did not go up home to my families for christmas because I just did not want to. I did not regret that decision then and to this day I still do not.

Whatever you want to do, then that will be the right decision. If you want to spend the holidays by yourself or with friends in DC, you have to do what is best for yourself. If you feel that you could handle being at your families without your mother, then go for it and spend the holidays with your family. If you think that it will be too hard, then for your sake please do not. Your mother would want you to do what is best for you, as all mother's do. You are obligated to yourself first and others second. If you just want to sit around on christmas day and watch movies and eat Captain Crunch (which is what I did) then do that. If you want to go out and party it up with friends then do that.

Basically Talvin, do what is best for you. If anyone tries to make you feel guilty, then it is because they cannot deal with their own grief and loss and feel the need to take it out on others.

Whatever your decision, have a good holiday!!!

>It does not matter what god you pray to, just pray for those

>who have lost love ones this year in some of the tragic

>events that have happened. I know it is going to be a very

>difficult Christmas for me as I lost my mom this past

>January. And quite frankly I really don't want to go home

>to see my family due to the fact that there is going to be

>one chair empty when we sit down at the dinner table this

>year.

I appreciate your sentiments Talvin. Thanks for sharing with us. It's never easy to deal with our loss of loved ones, especially during holidays like Christmas. I lost my mom about ten years ago. She was so close and dear to me that it took me a long time to grief and finally "accept" the fact that she's gone. Over the years, I would sometimes wake up suddenly and cry in the middle of the night. Then I would go to my study and look at her pics in the photo albums while sobbing uncontrollably for hours. So I guess I understand somewhat how you feel. My heart is with you, Talvin.

I'd also take this opportunity to wish you and your loved ones a wonderful holiday that is filled with love, joy, and many fond memories.

Take care,

JT

Guest Tampa Yankee

>A big Holiday hug to everyone on here :)

Thanks!! I'll take it...and here's one back for you.

Now, if I only could get my Christmas wish...}>

Merry Christmas and the Best New Year for you.

Talvin, although we've never met I look forward to reading your posts here every time I see your name.

And thanks to you it seems that at least six of us learn that we share a sense of loss at Christmas. My mother died at the age of 47 just before Christmas. Christmases since then have never been the same, of course, but that hasn't met that they weren't happy. It's comforting to know that other guys on this board understand how that feels at this time of year, just as we understand how each other feels about all sorts of other things. Thanks for bringing this out, and I hope your Christmas is filled with the joy that sadness can't banish.

Archived