Welcome to the Latest and Greatest Version of the Message Center

Guy Fawkes
This topic is 8231 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest Esc_Tracker

Ok, here are a few complaints:

1. I seem to have to log in and type in my password each time I enter the site if I want to mark any of the items as read.

2. When I click "mark or "mark all" the topics stay bright blue. They only change to purple when I actually click on the individual topics. I find this confusing and time consuming.

3. I think the inbox should be prominently displayed as one of the primary (as opposed to "menu") features.

4. When searching the message board, there doesn't seem to be a way to pull out an individual post. If you are looking for a reference within a thread that is some 60 posts long, you have to check it post by post, which again is time consuming.

Esc-Tracker

Guest Esc_Tracker

OK, I have solved the log in problem, but here is another one.

My e-mail address is listed in my profile, and there doesn't seem to be a way to hide it without hiding the whole profile.

Guest Esc_Tracker

RE: Welcome to the Latest and Greatest

Yep, you're right of course. I checked from the profile list and my address can't be seen there. I'm now happy except for the other bits. :*

RE: Welcome to the Latest and Greatest Version

>Ok, here are a few complaints:

>

>1. I seem to have to log in and type in my password each

>time I enter the site if I want to mark any of the items as

>read.

You always had to log in...Goto "User Menu"/"Edit yor preferences" and

look at "Automatically login" and "Use MARK time...", don't feel picked on. it Happened to me too.

>2. When I click "mark or "mark all" the topics stay bright

>blue. They only change to purple when I actually click on

>the individual topics. I find this confusing and time

>consuming.

Looks like a bug...I'll cue it up to them.

>3. I think the inbox should be prominently displayed as one

>of the primary (as opposed to "menu") features.

Remeber that you get an icon just below the announcements when you have mail...send you self a private message, and you should get it.

>4. When searching the message board, there doesn't seem to

>be a way to pull out an individual post. If you are looking

>for a reference within a thread that is some 60 posts long,

>you have to check it post by post, which again is time

>consuming.

Agreed...found this one too....if they had a "View All" for the results of each message it would work.

>Esc-Tracker

Guest Esc_Tracker

RE: Welcome to the Latest and Greatest Version

>>3. I think the inbox should be prominently displayed as one

>>of the primary (as opposed to "menu") features.

>

>Remeber that you get an icon just below the announcements

>when you have mail...send you self a private message, and

>you should get it.

This is true, but this isn't a problem so much for those who already know there is an inbox and can thus look for it. I am more worried about new message board members who do not know they have an inbox. A little message does warn you that you have mail, but it is relatively discreet and you won't know to send messages until you get one.

Note also another minor bug in my message line above. I didn't type in a ;-) after "menu". I typed a quote sign followed by a closed bracket.

Guest PhxMasseur

RE: Welcome to the

>2. When I click "mark or "mark all" the topics stay bright blue. >They only change to purple when I actually click on the individual >topics. I find this confusing and time consuming.

Click User Menu, then click Edit your Preferences, and answer yes to the question if you want to "Use MARK time stamp feature". That worked for me...

:

Guest Esc_Tracker

RE: Anything good

Yes, the profiles are clearer and easier to set and navigate. I didn't want to sound negative. I was just pointing out what I saw as bugs. :-)

I am still having problems with the compulsory login, though. It's also difficult for me to tell the difference between a read and an unread post. I'm colour blind and blue and grey look very much alike to me. :-(

I'm sure all will work out in the end. I still kind of prefer the version before last, as it was really easy to distinguish read and unread messages.

Guest Esc_Tracker

RE: Welcome to the

Mine is set at "yes". It's a subtle little thing. The icon registers the conference as read, but the name of the conference stays bright blue until I click on it manually. It's not a big deal really. If it can't be fixed, I am sure I will get used to it.

Thank you Daddy! :7

Hello Daddy,

Thank you for the new software. :* I like it.

Just like any new software, this one also apparently has some bugs. As pointed out by Hoo, some posts seemed to have been lost including one of mine. Hoo has asked us to provide you with some specifics so here we go.

I posted several messages on "the Lounge" yesterday and almost all of them went up without any problems. The exception was my post in response to deej's (#4 in that thread) in the "Stayin Below The Gaydar Adults Only". I believe the message was posted between 1:00 - 2:00 p.m. (EST). Hope this helps. Thanks again!

JT

RE: Thank you Daddy! :7

I wondered what happened to that one. I released it from the queue myself.

I think that was the first disappearing message I really noticed, since it was a reply to me. At the time, I thought you'd removed it yourself. Now we know better.

Hmmmmmm...

Nah, I'm no Houdini and I don't do disapperaing acts! I've tried to repost again today and let's see what's gonna happen to that one.

JT

(P.S. For a moment, I thought my post was getting too personal...hehehe!) ;-)

Guest Kevin 2

Daddy,

I posted a message in The Lounge on the topic about Lenardo still not showing up?? I posted it yesterday late 11PM or later. Hope that helps!

>Daddy,

>I posted a message in The Lounge on the topic about Lenardo

>still not showing up?? I posted it yesterday late 11PM or

>later. Hope that helps!

Yours is one of the posts that went to cyber netherland when I unqueue'd it.

Sorry. Until the bug is fixed we are following a slightly different procedure and it seems to be working.

Barry

RE: Welcome to the Latest and Greatest/.../Message Center

>Please post your complaints here...:7 Enjoy!

No complaints here. This is going to be fun. (By the way, this post is also a test of a .gif file as an avatar -- prolly inappropriate for most posts, but, as I say, I'm testing :)

RE: Welcome to the Latest / Greatest Message Center

Dear Daddy

I wrote a nice comment rating Rick Munroe but forgot to check off his two points before I submitted. Now, I cannot correct. He deserves his two points so please help me score these! :p

Archived