posted message counts

ted
This topic is 8491 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Bluboy posted a message in the deli stating that the number of posts referenced for him is wrong. I just posted a message that said it was my 10th-only problem was my previous post said it was my 37th. I am suspecting this may be because I posted from 2 different computers even though I was logged in both times with my user name? The most recent post was from my travel laptop, and the previous one(as well as this one) from my desktop at home. If this feature is useful at all, it should be tallied by user name, not computer.

Guest Lucky (Guest)

I tried to email Daddy-in Training, but I received a response that his email was disabled. What I want to know is why are my postings today marked "guest" when I have posting on this site from this computer for at least a year!!

Guest Daddy-In-Training

In each case the problem is the same. You have to be logged in for the system to track you. A lot of people (myself included) ask the system to remember who they are. This is tracked on a computer by computer basis using cookies.

The cure is simple...Make sure that your logged in. Look at the login/logout Icon at the top of the screen (The picture of the lock). If it says "login"...The system doesn't know who your are.

Another hint is the system shows your who it thinks you are in the lobby. Look on the right side the "658 Active Members - Check who's online" line.

If it says "First time visitor? Please Register" your not logged in. On the other hand if you are it'll say something along the lines of "Nov-20-00 03:12 AM EST - Logged on as Daddy-In-Training

" your fine.

The system will forget you every now and then. Mostly because I go in and clean up the session logs and also when I upgrade the message center software (which happens several times a year).

-- Daddy

• 2 months later...

I just noticed that there is one poster on the thread in Masseurs asking about Houston masseurs who has some four or so postings there that all say they are his 4th posting. I find it very helpful when judging the veracity of another poster to know how many he has posted over time. And I figure that someone on here probably knows more about what he's talking about on his twentyfourth posting than he did on his first. What gives? Is it that each time I post the new total is listed on All of my postings? Helpla. Please explain, Daddy.

Archived