where to stay in la

steven1853
This topic is 6802 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Wellllll,yes the Ramada is right in the center of "the action"but it is a horrif ruin of a hotel with rotten service at a high price.

La Valadon,The BelAge,le Montrose and the Chamberlain are all MUCH nicer and will run you about the same moneywise.

Boystown is very walkable from all of them.

I stayed at the Ramada on its opening weekend in 1987-they have not remodeled or changed the furniture since then.

• 4 weeks later...

While not close to the SMB action, a great place where I've begun staying is the Roosevelt in Hollywood. It's newly renovated and I've gotten some great rates <$129 and as low as $103 for a boutique-y experience. It's on Hollywood near Highland, across from Mann's Chinese Theater.

Sometimes my room has been upgraded including a poolside room. Highly recommended. Try either their website or http://www.orbitz.com.

http://www.hollywoodroosevelt.com

• 2 weeks later...

All the Weho suggestions are good. There's also, of course, San Vicente Inn near San Vicente/SMB. Very cruisy, clothing optional, resort. The only problem is that it has declined in quality -- unheated pool, rooms not too clean and mediocre service (at best) -- but often cruisy.

• 3 weeks later...

>All the Weho suggestions are good. There's also, of course,

>San Vicente Inn near San Vicente/SMB. Very cruisy, clothing

>optional, resort. The only problem is that it has declined in

>quality -- unheated pool, rooms not too clean and mediocre

>service (at best) -- but often cruisy.

San Vicente is under new management & ownership, and is really on the decline. Bring back that South African guy!

Archived