Thanksgiving at the LOVELY SPOTLIGHT

bigguyinpasadena
This topic is 7087 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Hey Big Guy!

I've been hoping for a richly detailed report on the Thanksgiving festivities. If you've toying with the idea of filing one even now, please be assured that you'll have one avid reader.

I've long felt that Thanksgiving has special place (unique, actually) in the world of street & bar hustling. Working boys have many ways of dodging the blues they so typically experience on Christmas and New Year's. But they can't run away from Thanksgiving! Bereft of family and true friends, invited nowhere for a heartwarming holiday meal, some of them painfully confront of hard facts of their loveless, dead-end lives. And, in consequence, even the most macho and arrogant among them suddenly become amazingly vulnerable.

Yes, I well recall many a Thanksgiving hook-up with some tuff guy or other where I was deepy touched to see how hungry for (and responsive to) the slightest show of affection he really was--an experience I've had in many cities.

But never in LA! Or in such a perfect setting as the lovely Spotlight for this sort of Midnight-Cowboy epiphany! So please tell all. (And, of course, I'd particularly love to know if Eric, the goon at the door, made his drumstick available to any of you turkey-lovers. . .)

Well,as usual,my timing was off!

I went to the Lovely Spotlight around 4,very little crowd-some tweaked out guy from riverside was playing the most god awful misic and talking in a really loud voice.One cutie,who was working but not my type.

Left just as Eric and Boo were bringing the food in.

I am fighting a bronchial infection,had a dinner on Tday,and thus I made it an early night.

A few of the other board posters did show up later-perhaps they will fill in the rest,,,,,

>A few of the other board posters did show up later-perhaps

>they will fill in the rest,,,,,

I'd seen the post, figgured I'd get out of work really early and head over. But I was stuck at work longer then I thought and only got over there around 6 and was surprised to learn the serving wasn't starting 'till 7 anyway. The food was fine, the place was rather crowded... I only stayed until about 7:45 or so, it was very crowded, hard to even find a place to sit. (Though parking was very easy, IF you were observent enough to notice the temp No Parking signs were for Sunday!)

Spotlight has a well earned reputation as a seedy and sometimes dangerous dive, but this whole thing was for charity, all the money the hunky bouncer collected, the toys, for Children with AIDS...

Thank you Mr. Samuels and the crew of the Spotlight for doing such a great thing!

But that's not what you wanted to know about...

I only know for sure one boy was working, he walked up and introduced himself like we were friends. If we'd even met he wasn't memorable, not something I'd kick out of bed but not something I'd pay to be there either... There were at least two or three really nice bits of eye candy, but they didn't seem to be looking for work at at the moment and I wasn't looking to hang around all night.

Archived