Toronto hustlers

Linden Groves
This topic is 7223 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

The last postings on this topic appear to be two years old. I will be going there July 2. I know about Sneakers. I think I know where the stroll was or is: between Yonge and Bay on Breadalbane, Gosvenor, and/or Grenville.

I am not at all interested in Remingtons or the ads in the gay papers.

So can anyone update this info on the street action or hustler bar action? What about video arcades or baths? Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I guess I have to answer my own question. I was in Toronto with a fellow m4m poster the Canada Day/July 4 weekend. Hustler activity is concentrated inside and just outside Sneakers on Yonge Street. I'd estimate I saw 20 different hustlers over several days but I never stayed very late in the evening. I would classify most of the hustlers as rough trade. Some more boyish, twink types, but in the minority. I was told by reasonably reliable informants that there is an occasional hustler on the nearby side streets. I never saw any there. Rates appear to start at $40 cdn. The daytime bartender, Rick, was very helpful in advising us of who was possible trouble. He apears to keep the worst of the hustlers outside the bar. Tip him well.

Guest OralBtm4Top

I have been to Sneakers a few times and would agree that 'rough trade' describes it best. I had two occasions that I met guys I wanted and in both cases they were looking to score drugs first. The $40 is the going rate for a 'hit' of whatever they are into, I'm sure its crack. In any event, that isn't my scene at all so I haven't taken anyone home yet. But, there are some hot guys hanging out there.

Guest gaydj4u

I was just at Sneakers July 14th and the place seemed pretty dead, with the exception of this crack head hsutler outside the club named "frank." I cruised church/wellesley from 10pm-3am with absolutely nothing available. I cruised the "stroll" by the YMCA and ran into a couple over-the-hill hustlers. In my 6 hours of cruising downtown toronto i ran into a total of 5 hustlers, all werent my type.

This is in big contrast to a website from 1996 I read from "cyber rage" who stated hustlers were everywhere. Toronto police must have really cracked down.

I'm not surprised that the police have cracked down on hustlers in Toronto. They have a police chief who came from London Ontario in the nineties (Julian Fantino) who made his reputation hastling gay men in that small conservative city, driving some to suicide when their gay activities were exposed in the press after police busts.

That being said, even here in Montreal, the last couple of years have seen more police attempts to regulate hustling activity in the Gay Village. One has to exercise more caution in picking up trade around the Boubon complex, but there are still hustlers in the area. They just have to keep away from the park benches where their clients used to gather. There is much less of that now since the police are on bikes now and they are a constant presence.

If I'm in the mood for a little action with a hustler I have good luck with finding them strolling along Ste Catherine St. throughout the Village. They don't lounge at any particular spot but walk slowly and if you catch their eye (dead easy) you're off to the races! }(

• 2 weeks later...

Archived