Spotlight

world traveler
This topic is 7440 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Went to the Spotlight on Tues and Wed of this week. Tuesday picked up a guy only one in the bar worthwhile. The new guy who is the buser and waiter, during the day, slim nice looking, seems to have an attitude. Very nice with some of the customers, when he is working. But noticed that when he was finished working, and then was just a customer himself, the charm seemed to be turned off...hummm wonder if tips had anything to do with it. I smiled at him a couple of times while he was working and he would turn his face away from me or just give me a cold stare. Wasn't trying to pick him up. Wish the guy that was there a few months ago was back, friendly, cheerful and hot.

WT

I spent a while there last night, there were at least 3 cute guys, didn't find out what was on the menu with any of them, but they looked like fun.

It's not a 100% reliable place to go to find a great guy for some fun (though if you drop 'great' the odds get better...:p), but it's about the last place available (that I know of anyway). Other then Numbers of course, with its higher prices (and better selection, though with the prices I sometimes wonder why not just hire from M4M and have a pretty good idea you'll get what you want...). SMB is about empty now.

I'm usually entertained when I spend time at the Spotlight, even when I don't hire. Only problem on Friday or Saturday nights is parking, and that's not a problem if you're willing to spend $5 to park in a lot.

Ye, the Spotlight can be hit or miss. One must be patient there, if one is to get something for his time. I find that most of the guys working there are of course older, and in most cases scruffy. When I was there last time, there were a couple of twinks outside, with back packs, sleeping bags. One was very hot, and should have made a move on him, he was wearing a knit see through top, with baggy pants, leather fingerless gloves on, blonde, very hot. By the time I left and returned to see if he was still there, he was gone. Think he would have been fun to take. Checked out SM Blvd. and in the two days I was there saw 3 guys, but not worth the chance of picking them up with all the police action, who knows who's watching. Don't care for Number's, so Spotlight is the only one left. Perhaps we should make an effort to let all the cute hustler boys throught Calif. and other states that the Spotlight is the place to go when in Hollywood. Well guess that's a bit impractical, maybe just a neon sign flashing, "hustlers welcome here"

WT

There was a time,in the not too long ago past,when Selma was THE hustling/gay cruising street.There used to be several gay bars(and one infamous cafe THE GOLDEN CUP in that area of Hollywood.Amd the very first record of a "gay"bar was in that area-just a lean-to with a tent and it was the sort of place where girls and guys would go.

I love hollywood's interesting history-anybody else?

Spent many nights hanging out by and cruising the Golden Cup. It was such a fucking dive yet all the boys on the street knew the same two words, meet me by the Goldne Cup on the Blvd and Las Palmas.

However, the real street kid cafe was on Santa Monica and Highland, Arthur J. All the boys from SMB would hang out there 24/7. Sex was cheap and it was everywhere -this was also way pre-AIDS - so it was a stress free type of sex.

In the early days the French Market had a brief time in the hustler spotlight (pun intended) and the hot and cold entry to the field has always been the Yukon.

Though the best boys could be found on the street between Highland and Fairfax there were 50 - 75 on weekends and a solid 20 - 30 during thwe week.

There is far more I just don't want to date myself further than I have :)

• 1 month later...
Guest maxmtnman

BGP and James: On my last two visits to LA, I've tried to visit the Spotlight, BUT ----- I can't find a parking spot. I've probably circled the block 100 times, and all I could ever find was a lot in the next block for $5.00. Please tell me your secret! (Thanks.)

" On my last two visits to LA, I've tried to

>visit the Spotlight, BUT ----- I can't find a parking spot.

>I've probably circled the block 100 times, and all I could

>ever find was a lot in the next block for $5.00. Please tell

>me your secret! "

No Offense but if you`ve circled the block this many times wouldn`t it make sense to spring for the $5 parking fee ??

Gas isn`t cheap out here.

Archived