Sacramento

world traveler
This topic is 7491 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest fukamarine

>A former bodybuilder is moving there later this month. I

>understand he does a good hustle, although he is not in the

>shape he once was.

You sure got that right!

I saw a picture on TV recently of him/it in a swim suit and he looked like shit. Fatty rolls, paunchy, an real turnoff. YUK

fukamarine

Guest fukamarine

>I feel like I hit the jackpot! I made taylor laugh and got

>fukamarine to say I was right about something!:)

Does this mean there is still hope we can become lovers?

fukamarine

As a Sacramento valley native,I fear I must report the bad sad news.There is so little street cruising left in Sacramento that it is next to nothing.

The low class bar(the Mercantile)might prove to be worth a try.Faces and whatever they are calling the bar oposite it are not worth your time(they can be fun-but not a place known for its working boys)Have experienced a real cultural phenomenon-namely that they have become so overrun by straight women and "metrosexual"men that it can be uncomfortable for gay folks to really let their hair down.I have heard of some slurs tossed at gay guys by theese interlopers!

Now,back in the day(1976-1981)yours truely used to have great success crusing the low bars and bookstores that then filled downtown Sacramento-Oh the trade I discovered and the fun that I had!

But now it is almost entirely gentrified(the rats!)and not worth the time to look for those fond memories.

The city itself can make for a fun weekend,and is a good place to think about settling down-once you have a partner that is.

Not a bad place at all-Just a place that does not offer very much on the seamy side of life anymore.

Archived