Thanksgiving Dinner at Amor

TotallyOz
This topic is 7107 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I had my first taste of Thanksgiving with dinner at Amor in Boyztown. Amor is one of my favorite resturants here and I always have a good meal there. That being said, I think I will skip the meal next year if I am here.

I was able to sit and chat with great company and had wonderful conversations. The food was not horrible but was ok. But, for almost 1,000 baht ($25)per person, I guess my expectations were a bit higher. Luckily, I has such lively dinner companions that the food was the least important part of the evening.

After dinner, we headed to SoHo boys and both of the guys we were looking for were off already. Then, we took a peek inside ThaiBoys and there were not many guys there either. Finally, we headed over to Sunnee for a bar and some fun. It was a bit quiet over there as well but we had a good time.

This Thanksgiving I am thankful for good friends, great family and finally finding Thailand after so many years of friends suggesting it to me. I could not have picked a better place to spend the day and even though the food was not amazing, it reminded me of home from Thanksgivings past. It also told me a bit of my future of Thanksgivings to come. Sitting at dinner with my Thai boyfriend, good friends and new acquaintances, I knew that I have so many blessings to be thankful for and that more great things are in store for me around the bend.

A special thanks to Hoo for creating this site and the tireless work he puts into it on a daily basis!

OZ: Happy Thanksgiving to you and all the special friends that you dined with (most of them are my friends too). Though I know it is no longer Thanksgiving there, or maybe it will be tomorrow, or whatever happens on the other side of that line that changes the date.

:p

When all is said and done... we are pretty damn lucky.

At one time, a number of years ago, Amor was my favorite place to eat. But one of the locals kindly suggested to me to be careful as the restaurant, not being open for lunch, let the meat delivery sit in the heat all day until someone got to the restaurant. I never went back! I am thankful I didn't get sick.

I was the hideous one.

Oz was his usual, wonderful, REAL, non-assuming delightful self. If everyone in the world was like him, there would be no war because we would be too busy making love. He treats EVERYONE special.

The blonde guy with the attitude was the smart one and amusing.

Firecat was the one who ate the food the rest of us didn't. (joke)

The guy to my left was most interesting to me because he agreed with everything I blatthered, even though I don't think he was listening, only passing his food to firecat and drooling over the Montreal dancer.

Stef Lacoste was one of the two beauties and was so cute trying to make jokes with the Thai waiters who didn't understand a thing he was saying. Neither did we.

And the other beauty was a dancer from Montreal. He ignored us all and spent most of the time looking at his reflection in his spoon, but Stef tells me the dancer is a shy guy, a good person with a huge dick.

But you know the French.

Anyway, all us old trolls could not take our eyes off of Stef or the dancer. Stef was charming as usual. And I am sure the dancer has redeeming qualities, but he didn't speak to anyone but Stef.

Perhaps he was waiting for us to stuff baht down his pants.

First I will say that I you had some great people at your dinner party. Everyone knows of my friendship with Oz, firecat, and you... but I just want to add that Stef Lacoste is a WONDERFUL human being.

>

>Anyway, all us old trolls could not take our eyes off of Stef

>or the dancer. Stef was charming as usual. And I am sure the

>dancer has redeeming qualities, but he didn't speak to anyone

>but Stef.

>

>Perhaps he was waiting for us to stuff baht down his pants.

ROFL. What a great mental picture. Thanks for the great laugh to start my day.

>I was the hideous one.

Hoo, use your spell checker more. I think you meant hilarious one! The life of the party and the ultimate entertainer.

>>Oz was his usual, wonderful, REAL, non-assuming delightful

>self. If everyone in the world was like him, there would be

>no war because we would be too busy making love. He treats

>EVERYONE special.

Thank you! I did come from the hippie generation and was always told to make love not war. :) Now, I practice what I preach. :)

>The blonde guy with the attitude was the smart one and

>amusing.

True and btw: did you know that was not his real color? :) Although you would never be able to tell. :)

>Firecat was the one who ate the food the rest of us didn't.

>(joke)

:) Fire kept looking at me at dinner and I know he was thinking, why the fuck are you eating this shit. :) I just smiled and said. ummm. good. ;)

>The guy to my left was most interesting to me because he

>agreed with everything I blatthered, even though I don't think

>he was listening, only passing his food to firecat and

>drooling over the Montreal dancer.

noise noise

>Anyway, all us old trolls could not take our eyes off of Stef

>or the dancer. Stef was charming as usual. And I am sure the

>dancer has redeeming qualities, but he didn't speak to anyone

>but Stef.

Getting to know Stef on this trip has been wonderful. I can say that he is amazing and I know know why so many have fallen in love with this guy.

Archived