New Website for Argentina

trilingual
This topic is 5809 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

The sister site to http://www.gaytravelbrazil.com is now online! You can access it at http://www.gaytravelargentina.com With the increased interest in travel to Argentina, it seemed like the right moment to launch the new site. With everyone's participation, the site can become a reference for all things Argentine! We hope all you lovers of Argentina will post about your experiences, likes/dislikes, etc. And now is a great time to visit Argentina, while the dollar is still strong against the Argentine peso (the exchange rate is currently A$3.14 to the dollar). The new site already has a lot of information about Argentina, so do have a look!

Guest dreynsol

Thanks Trilingual, and I just wanted to add a apsecial thanks to Daddy for his initial support of our Brazil site. It truly meant a lot.

It is through this site that I developed my first love of Brazil, and for that I will be eternally grateful.

CNN recently listed Argentina as the #1 destination for travel these days with the weakened dollar, and I'll be reporting my own experiences next month at that site. And most of you probably know I don't have a shy bone in my body and tend to share everything :-)

Many thanks to all of my M4M/Daddy's friends.

- Drey

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Deweywop

>CNN recently listed Argentina as the #1 destination for travel

>these days with the weakened dollar, and I'll be reporting my

>own experiences next month at that site. And most of you

>probably know I don't have a shy bone in my body and tend to

>share everything :-)

While the Arg. peso is still weak against the weak dollar, do you know what the actual prices situation is in Argentina? I understand they've gone through 20% annual inflation over the past several years. The peso certainly has no depreciated 20% annually against the dollar. The BA hotel I stayed at in 2003 had nearly doubled in peso prices when I checked in 2006. In 2003, I paid about $11 for a big bife de chorizo (their 2nd most expensive cut) with all the trimmings at Cabana las Lilas, the most acclaimed steak house in BA. Anyone got a comparison for today?

I suspect Arg. is still a relative bargain though not the screaming bargain it was in 2002-03 or Brazil in 2001-02. Ah, to be a European with overvalued Euros!

The Argentine peso is 3.14 to the US dollar and is still a GREAT bargain compared to other currencies. One can have comfortable to outstanding lodging, eat very well without breaking the bank, buy quality leather goods and other fine items, and find the hottest men and prices that I love to pay, even if the particular guy is asking $100.00US.

On Monday Matt Lauer of the "Today Show" was in Buenos Aires. His segments were just magnificent, esp. since I'd been and done much of what he presented.

My friends in BA sent me a website which addressed his visit. I'll go back and post it here if anyone else is interested in watching the videos.

I've been to Argentina on holiday 8x in 3 years. In that time local prices seem to have nearly doubled.

I was last there 3months ago, in February. Good hotels set their prices in US$. I stay for a long time and so get a discount, but I reckon a good hotel in the best area will cost at least US$125 per night. The best cut of steak in a good restaurant in February was costing about US$14.

And for those who haven't been and are looking for information online, I have posted here previously on Buenos Aires.

There are 2 small points that are important: hotel rates exclude the tax which is currently 21%; and locally prices in Argentine pesos are shown as $xx whereas a price in US dollars is shown either as U$Sxx or Dxx

• 1 month later...
Guest dreynsol

GayTravelBrazil and GayTravelArgentina went to a "for pay" membership a few months ago, primarily to keep out the spammers and free advertisers.

But we owe HooBoy and Daddy a great debt of gratitude for their support.

Please e-mail us at: info@gaytravelbrazil.com while mentioning this site, and we'd be glad to provide you with a free membership.

It's the least we can do in return. And I just got back from my trip to Buenos Aires a few weeks ago. It's an amazing city!

Many thanks to my long time friends here.

- Drey

Archived