Roger's in Rio?

CT Dick
This topic is 6993 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

>The last I heard, Roger's was going down hill. Any recent

>visitors want share their views?

>

>Also, does being an "amigo de Tom" still get us free

>admission?

>

Similar to other saunas in Rio, Roger's has busy nights and less-busy nights (they are closed on Sunday).

I have been to Roger's recently. Some nights Roger’s was packed but other nights the place was like a morgue. A day or two later, the place was again alive with many clients and sauna guys. At the same time, Pointe 202 and Estacao have good and bad days. It depends on where the clients and guys happen to rotate on various days. Other days you will find Club 117 busy and Spa 73 busy while other days you will find them nearly deserted. In short, you can never predict which saunas will be busy on a specific night. No, Roger's is not "going down hill".

As to the admission price at Roger's, the price varies depending on which day of the week you happen to visit the place. Being "an amigo de Tom" does not get you something you would not get anyway. Each time I was at Roger's I was told the admission price is reduced for all Americans.

I'll second these comments. When I was in Rio a month or so ago, I went to Rogers once, and it was very slow. Afterwards went to 202 and it was slow, as well. A few days later Eduardo dropped by Corujinha's and raved about the scene at Rogers. It was a Monday night and he said they were featuring live sex shows (I later heard that they included clients) and that after 9:00 there was free beer. Eduardo said it was one of the best nights he had seen at any of the saunas in ages. It sounded like they were thinking of making the sex show/free beer a regular Monday night promotion, but I dont know if that has happened.

I was in Rio for over a week last week. The sauna scene was fun but it was luck of the draw. Some nights were good and some were bad. I had fun the night I went to Roger's but it only takes one really great guy to makea good night. There are not as many guys there as other saunas.

I found 117 the best each day I went. There were always tons of guys and the place was busy each time I went.

Guest ihpguy

OZ, YOu had it down pat. During Carnaval, when 117 was so busy, you rented a room for the whole night at 15R per hour. Really cool! Great idea! Keep on screwin'!

Guest ihpguy

I love Roger's. Great dry and wet saunas. The oforo is fun. Usually good movies upstairs and the bar area is very comfortable. The locker attendants are very nice and always ask to help tie my shoes. Once I forgot my key in the locker and he brought it to me at the bar. And nope, no money was missing from the locker. As opposed to the guys at the front desk at the Point, the women at Roger's and SPa 73 are equally as nice. Depending where I am in Rio, I usually head to Roger's or Spa 73. Nice selection of guys, but usually not the massive number that are on hand at 117 or Point.

And definitely not as high-pressure.

escorpiao

Went to Rogers' Wed. last week - maybe it was an off nite or may be I was in a "fussy" mood, but I found the place very disappointing - quiet, small selection of very ordinary guys and not much that appealed to me. They do seem to be trying to be innovative - they are advertising "sexo ao vivo" on Fridays and on Tues. they are advertising an optional package of "entrada, cabine y boy" for R$60 - I hope it's not the "boy" who getting the short end of the deal.

While on the topic, I also tried Meio Mundo which has been commented on as having lots of well hung black guys. My observation was that neither of the above was true - most of the guys were light to moreno, and most were nowhere near what I could consider bem dotado. In fact, they mainly had on swim suits / underwear, seemingly to hide what they did not have. One guy was SOOO cute - but I quickly changed my mind when I saw what he wasn't hiding. (I know, I'm an old size queen>)

As always, I thought I'd died and gone to heaven at 117 - how can you possibly choose!!!???} }( And I met and spent a lot of time with such a sweet guy from Spazio that I didn't even get to the rest of the places. Ah well, next time...:p

Guest ihpguy

When I return in exactly eleven days and twelve hours, I'll have to give Spazio one more chance. With the wonderful variety available at 117, there never seems to be much reason to head up the other set of stairs and go in the other direction towards Spazio. And I've always felt that Meo Mundo was like bottom feeding. Simply a rest stop when I missed my boat back home from Praca XV, never a destination, although the last time there was a very, very interesting young garoto from Minas Gerais who was very "bem dotado" and also a rarity for Rio-A TRUE LOIRO-THE RUG MATCHED THE CURTAINS

I heard yesterday, from one of the "boys", that Rogers is closing...not enough business. I dont know how true this is, but wanted to pass on the information. Will be back next week and maybe will have more reliable information.

Guest ihpguy

I'll be there from the 18th and will definitely check it out and report back. Maybe the boy got mixed up with the closing of Estacao for the Metro construction work?

Metro Construction?

Ok, I missed it. Is there construction going on across from the Atlantico? If so, does anyone know how long the work is scehduled for? (of course then you have to add some time because it is RIO). I am planning a trip late fall (October-November). Always had a good stay at the Atlantico, but if there is major work going on, sounds like I need to sample the Royale.

RE: Metro Construction?

Now that I'm mostly monogamous I must be out of the loop -- I haven't heard anything about Estação closing for Metro construction. In fact, I don't know of any Metro construction involving either Estação or the Atlântico. As everyone here knows, the Metro has been built as far as both places. There IS Metro construction past Figueiredo de Magalhães, where Estação is located, because the next-to-last station of Line 1 (Cantagalo) is projected to open in November or thereabouts. However, my understanding from the papers is that the tunnel between Siqueira Campos and Cantagalo has been finished and the major remaining work is completing the Cantagalo station itself. (The last projected stop on Line 1 is Praça Osório in Ipanema, where the "hippie fair" is held -- it should be open in late 2006 or early 2007, in time for the Pan American Games which will be held in Rio that year.)

Guest ihpguy

Sorry. I did not mean to start any rumors. But when I was in Rio in January and February, two different garotos told me that Estacao was closing. The reason was for the Metro construction. I assumed it was to expand the station at Siqueiros Campos with another entrance on the other side of the intersection. Never thought that the information they gave me was incorrect. Just my trusting, probably irrational "Gringo nature" of many aspects of Cariocas. I should certainly know better with everything that I've experienced with my house. In any event, that is the only info I had. I'll certainly explore Roger's, etc. beginning next week and report in.

I don't know that it ISN'T true, but I haven't heard this story before, and I haven't seen anything in the Rio papers suggesting that there will be more station construction at the Toneleros/Figueiredo intersection. Obviously, I could have missed it. But if business is off and Junior is thinking of closing Estação, he might have told the boys it was because of Metro construction, rather than wanting to discuss the real reasons. . . I guess we'll just have to see how things develop!

Archived