M4M Soirée in Rio!

Axiom2001
This topic is 7718 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest needtraining

>Goosh! ...wish I could join you guys! I plan to return to

>Brasil later! Your soiree just might be a replication of the

>Apollus Cruise without water and boat! Bests to all! Write

>copiously and descriptively! Enjoy!!!!!! AX2001

I've never been known for my timing and so - true to form - I will be in Rio April 17-24, too late for your soiree but hopefully not too late to meet some of you in person. It will be my very first visit to Rio and I will be staying at the Atlantico. Really looking forward to it all.

Rio has been on my "to do" list for years, and it is the reportings on this board that has finally spurred me to action. Thanks.

A few questions:

1. I am Asian. Do you ever see Asian clients at the saunas?

2. Is there an internet cafe in the Atlantico vicinity?

3. I plan to travel very light. Are shorts and T-shirts acceptable for the clubs and night spots?

Thanks again to all of you who have taken the time to post your experiences. I hope to return the favor soon.

hole in one, to answer your queries upfront-- I did not see any Asians in the saunas when I was in Rio last week, but I WOULD NOT let this deter me if I were you! Also, take a pair of long pants and a dress shirt for those "good" restaurants; my friend and I went to five-- the dress was what I mentioned. At Le Boy there were few clad in shorts-- most had on jeans or long pants; at Incontrus, it was so DARK that it really didn't matter what one had on, but when we went to clubs-- the attire was as I mentioned.

Shorts and t's were the mode of dress in the beach area and at restaurants that had outdoor facilities.

Lastly-- there are a lot of internet cafes on Copacabana Ave. which is three blocks south of the hotel Atlantico.

My suggestion is to write emails to some of the writers of this board to get names in order to hook up easily. Two men, whom I now think were Americans, were at Estacao; I did not talk to them there; I saw them in the lobby of the Atlantico and had wanted to talk to one or both; they were on their way out, and I, at that time, was awaiting my pickup for the airport.

Do take a dictionary of English and I hope-- Brasilian Portugese. I've definitely concluded that one can get along extremely well if he knows Spanish or a little and/or some Brasilian Portugese. It was daunting the first time that I went in October-- less so this time-- but I still needed to know some Spanish and/or Portuguese in order to communicate at the saunas and in all other things in which I found myself participating. I used body language, but one needs to know the other two languages, contrary to what others have stated regarding the language component. But, I hope the language barrier will not interfer with your overall involvement. I plan to return to Brazil again within the next few months. I will know a little Brasilian Portuguese and some Spanish. (Read threads in the 'ives regarding this facet!)

Some cariocas mistook me as being one of them and asked me questions for help; I had to say that I didn't speak Portuguese. They apologized and went onward. Anyway-- I hope before too long to recapitulate my experiences during the eleven days there.

Lastly-- try NOT to let your ethnicity hinder your experiences. I know a few Asians live in Rio (perhaps in other parts of Brasil).

It looks like numerous M4Mers will be in Rio in April. If you're in Rio on Monday, April 14, plan to join us for an M4M Brazil Nut gathering in the Presidential (or is it Imperial?) Suite at the Atlântico Copacabana, hosted by Tomcal, yours truly, and other unsuspecting M4Mers who'll get roped into this! :7

Full details, like the time, have not yet been worked out, but if you're going to be in Rio and would like to join us, e-mail me and/or Tomcal to RSVP. Also, if you have any suggestions or want to help out with this, let Tomcal or me know when you e-mail. As soon as arrangements are more definite, we'll e-mail you back with the specifics. We're thinking of inviting some of our favorite 117 guys (since the place is closed on Mondays), and having plenty of refreshments and Brazilian hors-d'ouevres. Of course, we'll probably need tacky "Hello, I'm_____" labels so we can wear our M4M handles and our real names. . .

Looking forward to seeing you guys in Rio. . . :p

Guest Deweywop

I don't think the Brazilian boys would care a whit if you're asian or not. There's actually a huge Asian population in Brazil, but more in Sao Paulo than Rio. Sao Paulo is reputed to have the largest Japanese population outside of Japan.

Not to worry, Hole-In-One. I am Asian, and I had absolutely no problems at all in the saunas in Rio. In fact, I had lots of fun. Too much fun I speak some Spanish, and I picked up some Portugese while I was in Rio. The working boys in the sauna were very friendly to me. I did not see any other asian clents in the saunas while I was there, though (Dec 2002). :D It proved to be an advantage.

Guest Tomcal_

>I've never been known for my timing and so - true to form - I

>>

>A few questions:

>

>1. I am Asian. Do you ever see Asian clients at the saunas?

>2. Is there an internet cafe in the Atlantico vicinity?

>3. I plan to travel very light. Are shorts and T-shirts

>acceptable for the clubs and night spots?

>

>

The answer to all three of your questions is Yes!

1) My good friend who posted here last Oct. about my exploits is LAShowbiz, who is Asian plus i met another Asian guy from NYC at the same time. and one very muscular and very hung guy at Estacio was 1/4 Japanese and 3/4 Brazilian.

2)the Atlantico has one computer in the lobby where I and I think Driver did many of our posting from but it can be hard to get to since someone is always on it. there is a very nice internet place about 3blocks from Atlantico on Sequiro Campos one block west of the Atlantico(beach)

3)When I go I have one bag that has a pair of jeans, couple pairs of shorts/swim trunks and 10 shirts/T's and a pair of sandals, that's it!

We are going to be there until Sunday the 20th, so we will look for you on Friday night!

Guest Tomcal_

>and just where are we wearing these labels? on our handles?

rather then sticky labels with adhesive, maybe Magic marker?!! LOL

guys, News to me about the party in the presidential suite on april 14. I think it is a great idea BUT I THINK ATLANTICO HAS ANOTHER RESERVATION PROBLEM. When I arrived for six nights in February to check into this suite, I was told I had no reservation even though I had made it with renee IN PERSON when I checked out in Jan. Apparantly, according to Liz who manages reservations, our boy Renee has only one answer when we reserve the suite - YES. I had to check into a regular room and there were many apologies for the confusion.

It appears this has happened again, as I arranged the suite and got a confirmation in writing with a confirmation number for Apr 12 to Apr 17. I got a follow up yesterday from Liz. To ensure there would be no problems, I insisted on pre paying.

Also prepayed for the month following Christmas.

Tomcal, you may want to check this out as I think it is maybe about to happen again. I will be flying apr 10 from NYC, spend the 11th in SP and will arrive Rio on the 12th.

Oops! Sounds like there has been a double-booking! Gulliver, if you end up with the suite, are you willing to have the gathering? E-mail me and Tomcal, and if you're not we'll come up with Plan B or C! ;)

DRESS CODE: Shorts (bermudas) and T's on the beach, in beach side cafes, and on the streets in Copacabana/Ipanema during the day. It's OK to wear a brief speedo on the beach to get as many rays on as much skin as you can, but most cariocas only wear them on the sand and slip on a pair of bermudas and t-shirt to go to and from the beach. A short-sleeved sport shirt (can be a polo type) and long trousers (can be jeans) for nicer restaurants, going downtown, sightseeing in churches/museums, doing any business. If you're planning on going to a really nice restaurant, like Cipriani's, or the Saint-Honorée (on top of the Meridien) or similar place, wear a nice sport shirt and a pair of slacks. Rio dresses informally (unlike SP, which is a bit more formal since it isn't a beach town) but that doesn't mean anything goes, or that people aren't fashion conscious!

P.S. Bring some flip-flops to wear to the beach. Particularly in Copacabana there's a good stretch of sand to cross before getting to the "populated zone" nearest the water. That intermediate stretch isn't necessarily free of debris yo wouldn't want to step on. Also, on hot days that stretch of sand is blazing hot! Otherwise, athletic shoes will do most places, except, again, at posher restaurants where they'd be out of place. BTW, shoes are a good buy in Brazil (it has a huge shoe industry) and there seem to be zillions of shoe stores! So feel free to indulge that little Imelda of yours! }(

Thanks everyone for the wealth of information - this board is a community in the true sense of the word.

I think Gulliver is right - there is definitely a possibility of double booking. I reserved the suite April 17-24 - does that clash with anyone else? If so, I will gladly switch. In any event, I will send an email to Liz to check.

Tri (and all)

I wish I was going to be there. This is exactly the kind of gathering that my NY trip turned into and it was great to meet so many of the other posters. My Rio trip is planned for late October. After several e-mails specifically requesting the presidential suite , I get confirmations of the reservation, but not of the suite.

Based on some of the replies in this thread, it seems that maybe there is a problem with double booking. I would love to get some on site recommendations when you guys get there as to how to deal with this. Again, I am scheduled to be there in late October. Appreciate any advice or info.

Have a great time. Me and "lil Jack wish we could come.

;(

From what I've read recently on this board-- the penthouse suite at this hotel has indeed become the choice place to stay. Not only is this suite available on the top floor-- it's surrounded by a wonderful ambience: nice tables and chairs, a good-sized rooftop swimming pool, lounge chairs, a sauna, a small workout section, showers, and lastly a truly magnificent view of Rio-- near and beyond which include apartments, the mountains, the ocean, and in a distance--Cristo the Redeemer and Sugar Loaf. I was on the roof top on more than one occasion and enjoyed these human and natural amenities.

Guest Tomcal_

Gulliver, your right! i talked to the hotel yesterday and you got it!! no problem, they are giving me the same type of suite I ad last time, i asked for the one right under you!! LOL You will have to be the party host, and I will provide the party "favors", (I will need Tri's help with some of the translation). Look forward to seeing you again! this will be a great trip, there are 7 guys that i knw are going to be there at the same time.

OK Tomcal and Tri - I guess since I got the suite I'd be a pooper not to host the party BUT I am not bringing hotplates and pots and pans from New York City !!!! If I do not need all the plastic I bought to seal my midtown apartment from Iraqi biochemical weapons I think I will need it to cover some of the Presidential Suite fine furnishings>

However, as the host, Don't I get first choice (and Tomcal - you will have to put that in writing along with a sizeable cash penalty deposit)from what I have heard of your escapades.

It will be fun. I think Florida Robb is going to be there with me if I can get him to come back home from Cuba, where I left him Monday morning. heard from Ct dick and others who will be there. email me, Tri and tomccal about how we will arrange this.

The big question - WILL THE ATLANTICO EVER BE THE SAME ????

There is only one way to deal with double (and triple) bookings. Deal only with the reservations department (Liz is helpful as is Isabel Ferreiro) AND NOT WITH THE FRONT DESK STAFF. Get your confirmation in writing (or email) with a confirmaiton number. Do not accept any reservation or reconfirmation or changes you make with tne FRONT DESK> I like samuel, renee, and the others but they can not guarantee a reservation.

I like the suite on the roof and would gladly take it with another poster at a 50-50 basis for the prime winter months (Christmas thru carnival). let me know.

Unless you guys have been flooding Tomcal with replies, the RSVPs have been slow coming in.

If you plan on coming to this unforgettable and possibly never-to-be-repeated event, please let us know, because we'll have to make advance arrangements for food and drink. Let us know if you're bringing a "special friend," and if you tell us you're bringing ONE please don't show up bringing an entire sauna-full of guys unexpectedly because there will NOT be enough drinks and goodies to go around. We're going to be improvising, as it is!

Tomcal and Gulliver: The Parme place just down Siqueira Campos from the Atlantico has cocktail-sized typical Brazilian hors dóuevres, very reasonably priced at R$14 per kilo. We just have to let them know the day before, or possibly in the morning of the party, what we want and when we want to pick them up. So then we just have to worry about ice, drinks, etc. However, we can always stock up at one of the nearby supermarkets for beer and caipirinha makings. Somewhere around there sells ice, and styrofoam coolers (called ísopors in Brazil) can be found at places like Lojas Americanas, also nearby. So with not too much effort we should be able to throw something decent together AS LONG AS EVERYBODY TELLS US THEY'RE COMING, AND WHO THEY'RE BRINGING! (Hint, hint!) ;)

Hope to see and meet many of you then!

Guest Tomcal_

Tri, Gulliver and I talked this weekend and the party will take place from 7:00 to 10:00 pm on Monday, a few rules, No sex in Gulliver's bed(unless he is in the middle)! Actually, since we are all staying at the Atlantico, if anyone wants to depart the party to spend some private time with a new friend, they can take them to their room! The rooftop penthouse will be for eating, drinking, socializing and meeting, sex should be in each person's room,(ok and maybe in the pool). That way gulliver won't have to clean up the place before he goes to bed> I will look at hiring a bartender(one of the bartenders at 117 I have gotten to know well) Tri, our job will be to go to 117 on /Friday night before and scout out some good prospects since 117 is closed on Mondays! So far there are 6 Americans coming, which means we should have at least .....18 boys there?!! LOL

Guest Amistad

It looks like I will have to make speedy plans to join u all! My, oh my, oh my---eighteen boys and six Yanks. That means three each or if the numbers get uneven-----my oh my! I'll be there in spirit, guys! I know it's going to be a blast, but may I caution you NOT to spoil the Atlantico from us who will be in that facility later on during the year!!:-) :)

The above response is from Axiom2001; I allowed my friend to use my computer to write; I don't know what he did, for I am having a difficult time logging him out and logging myself in...

Anyway, guys, I will be at your party in spirit. The preceding response is self-explanatory!

Archived