Bad Lines from Movies

Guest WetDream
This topic is 8231 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest WetDream

I see a lot of films and am amazed at the low literary level. Of course, Hollywood has traditionally undervalued writers. However, some lines are memorably terrible. Here are some of my favorites:

From "Cleopatra": After about 20 minutes of Cleo's triumphal entry into rome, Anthony crosses the reviewing stand and whispers in Caesar's ear: "Rome hasn't seen anything like this since Romulus and Remus."

From "Sodom and Gomorrah": The Queen of Sodom appears on the city's battlements, looks down on Lot and his family and says: "Welcome Hebrews and Sodomites!"

From "Untamed Youth": A latina (with a valley girl accent), picking cotton on a prison farm looks down and exclaims: "Oh Chihuahua! There goes another nail!"

Contributions please...

Not exactly about bad lines, but it strikes me every time how well the Israelites spoke Midwestern American or Newyorkese in the Biblical times, thousands of years before "Englandian" English (let alone American) was born. (Sorry for my intentional exageration in regarding the two as separate languages, I just happen to be a keen observer of the differences among the dialects in any language.)

Guest Joey Ciccone

Anything Steven Segal ever mumbled, on or off screen. Ditto most things Kevin Costner's ever slurred. Karloff as Frankenstein's monster had more appeal and charisma, not to mention talent, than those other two doorknobs put together.

"Yonder lies the castle of my foddah!"

I will never forget the laugh that went through an entire auditorium of junior high school boys when Old Miss Haversham, in the original, clutched on bosom and asked Pip, "Do you know what this is?" (Her version of the correct answer was, a heart.)

Guest need2Btopped

From "The Ten Commandments":

(Moses' Egyptian foster mother, in the palace):

"Fetch my chariot. I will ride to Goshen!"

(three seconds later, Moses' real mother, hearing horse hoofs):

"A chariot? Here in Goshen?"

This movie's loaded with bad lines.

Repo Man..... "society did this to me"

Rosa Moline (think is the name... an old movie with Betty Davis)...

" Oh, Rosa whattya do that for"...

-"Cuz I hate possums".

Mildred Pierce...." Oh Mama, they're strictly middle class"

Guest Joey Ciccone

>Repo Man..... "society did this to me"<

I'm not sure that one counts. It was meant to be bad. Which makes it good. I think that's how it works.

Guest Joey Ciccone

>Any line in which the movie's title is spoken always turns my stomach.<

Even Oklahoma? What about Beetlejuice, Mame, Dracula, Goodfellas, Casablanca, Patton, Chocolat, Dr. Zhivago, Delores Claiborne, M.A.S.H., Bonnie and Clyde, The Godfather, Carrie, Lawrence of Arabia, Chinatown, The Maltese Falcon, Annie Hall, To Kill A Mockingbird, Shane, Gigi, Fargo, Rooster Cogburn, and The African Queen?

Guest Tampa Yankee

Evey line uttered by John Wayne in one of his early movies where he plays Genghis Khan (I think?). The movie is a real hoot if you are in the right mood. Mercifully I don't remember the title. This from a John Wayne fan.

>Evey line uttered by John Wayne in one of his early movies

Blaspheme the Duke one more time sailor, and I'm taking you out. Remember that hunting (killing anything that I choose that is moving) is one of my favorite pastimes.

Later.

S. Anyone else notice that it was a full moon on Halloween for the first time in 46 years. Ouch.

Guest Joey Ciccone

>Anyone else notice that it was a full moon on Halloween for the first time in 46 years.<

Notice? Hell, I'm still trying to wash the sacrificial blood off my hands.

The film is "the Conquerer." Isn't that the film where the cast and crew got exposed to radiation from a nuclear test in Utah?

My pick: "Why do you think they call it a cockpit." George Kennedy to Olivia deHaviland in Airport 75. George was a smoothie with the ladies huh?

Now I'll go hang my head in shame for knowing this movie. :(

Cant remember the name of the movie but it starred Dolph Lundgren and Brandon Lee you can imagine....when i first heard it i dropped the beer i had in my hand because i couldn't believe he had said it but it was Brandon Lee who said to a female character played by Tia Carrere(i think)about Dolph "he's got the biggest dick i've ever seen on another human being"I swear to god this is the truth i even won a $20 bet from a friend over it.

Archived