Where is Rio`'s gay nightlife?

Lucky
This topic is 8099 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Travel Bulletin:

Six days into my trip to Rio, I interrupt to pose this question. Where is all this famous nightlife? I have found the saunas and other beauties of Rio, but the "big" club "Le Boy" is a bore. Galerie seems dead and Incontru is a drag revue.

Maybe coming from New York I expected more, but I am soliciting suggestions from those with friends in Rio: Where should I go Friday and Saturday night and at what time?

Thanks

Like everywhere, places change, sometimes at a moment's notice! Best bet is to ask the locals for recommendations. Either at the baths or at one of the other bars or at the gay beach you should be able to get whatever info you need. It's a good excuse for striking up a conversation and making new friends! Just be sure to tell them what kind of a place appeals to you. If that's not working, you could always try the rapidly-becoming-world-famous Ernani, who seems to have his finger on the pulse of whatever's happening in Rio.

Probably I'm showing my age and fatigue, but the past few years I haven't been going to the discos and clubs much, so I'm not the best source on this topic. I'd rather go to the tubs in the afternoon/early evening, then go out to dinner or see a show or hang out with friends (or all three) later rather than going to a loud smoky club. Unless, of course, it's the kind of place where our kind of guys hang out.

Oh, I forgot. Don't know your age, but "La Cueva" on Miguel Lemos in Copacabana (it's downstairs, in a basement) is a small place that specializes as a meeting place for older guys and younger men. Not always for pay, either! It's not wild, though.

From all I hear night life in São Paulo is considerably "hotter," with a lot of clubs, places with back rooms, sex clubs, etc.

Thanks Tri.

I think I am the same age as you. If the club isn~t active by 130 am, I leave.

I am having fun touring duriong the day, stopping at a sauna, and having a good dinner. I don´t go out on weeknights, so maybe I am too old for xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxnaaahh!

• 4 weeks later...

There's a place in Centro, I don't remember the name, that's only on Saturday nights. Very late. Much better music than Le Boy. Very hot crowd. Any Brazilian can tell you about it as it's very well known.

Later.

PS. Bofetada on Friday of Carnival was packed with more hard, huge cock whipped out, and hand jobs and blow jobs going right and left.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived