Is There A Doctor In The House... Athlete's Foot ....

Godiva
This topic is 8238 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Hey Guys..I was hoping you can help me. I developed a rash on my foot a few weeks ago. It itched like hell and it spread to my to my toes where it has developed small blisters. They don't hurt but they itch. Since I go to the gym someone said it might be Athlete's Foot.. They recommended Lamisil..

My question is....

What Is It...

How do I get rid of it..

Thanxs

Godiva

Athlete's foot, jock itch, and ringworm are the same "family" of fungal infections. Lamicil (sp?) is a great product but also very expensive. For quite some time it was only available by prescription but now is available "over the counter". However, you can get the same effect by using a generic or "house brand" antifungal infection. For example, I got Albertson's brand of Tolnaftate 1% for about half the cost of Lamicil.

Important things to do to get rid of this are:

[ol][li]Keep the area dry. (There are many good athlete's foot powder such as Desinex that you should use liberally before putting on your sox.)

[li]Use the ointment at night for at least a week. Symptoms may disappear but keep using the ointment to protect against reinfection.

[li]Change sox and towels daily. Using the same sox or towels can cause reinfection.

[li]Wash your hands carefully after treating or touching the infected area. (You don't want to get the fungus around your eyes or groin. Athlete's foot can rapidly move to other parts of your body. Believe me, you don't want jock itch.)[/ol]

Athlete's foot can spread rapidly. It usually is a purplish color at first and becomes a scarlet color when it starts getting better.

You have my sympathy. Fungal infections can be very painful.

Guest Gentle Dude

>My question is....

>

>What Is It...

>

>How do I get rid of

>it..

>

>Thanxs

>Godiva

Here's a link for the info you need:

http://www.aad.org/pamphlets/AthletFoot.html

You can choose from a number of over the counter anti-fungus creme (Dr. Scholl's is more expensive but more effective), but, if the itching persists, go see a dermatologist.

And while in the hospital, you may want to see a proctologist as well for some "cheap thrill". :)

Take care

GD

Okay, what is this. Some poor guy has rectal bleeding and jokes are made about it and someone has athletes foot and he is told what treatment to use and even given a link!!! (Seriously though Godiva, I have had athletes foot before and I do sincerely sympathize with your plight-this message is not to take away yourdiscomfort or pain) C'mon guys, let's have a little bit more sympathy here. I am surprised that anyone even told the bleeding but guy to see a doctor (Though you should have gone after a few days of continual bleeding. I cannot imagine bleeding for weeks after being fucked. Perhaps it is a ruptured hemerhoid)

Are you sure you have a fungal infection (tinea pedis)? It's hard to tell based on your brief description. If it is, follow OneFinger's suggestions. :-) In addition to tolnaftate, zinc undecylenate is also an effective non-prescription topical agent for tinea infections. If you go to see the doctor, he or she may prescribe the topical antifungal drugs of choice such as miconazole or clotrimazole.

One last point, athlete's foot can be very itchy but you should avoid scratching the infected area to prevent secondary infections (especially if your nails are long and unclean) and the further spread of the fungi.

Good luck!

JT

Your friend at the gym was right. Lamisil is actually the only anti-fungus cream which kills the fungus (fungicidal), rather than stopping growth (fungistatic). As a result, you can apply the Lamisil for 7 to 14 days (depending on the severity of the infection), and the infection will go away even if the rash hasn't completely resolved. Also, Lamisil only needs to be applied once a day (usually at bedtime). With most other over-the-counter antifungals, you need to put the medicine on twice a day until the rash clears completely, often 4 weeks.

RE: Athlete's Foot ....

Lamisil is definitely effective, but I've also had good results from Lotrimin aerosol powder. If you use it, be sure to be thorough in getting it between the toes. It tends to address the itching and even pain in the worst case scenario.

BuckyXTC

Thanxs Guys for all the advice...I will continue to use Lamisil...I can't believe it takes two weeks to get rid of this.. Since I don't live with anyone..Do you think I got it at the gym..I always see these guys in the showers with flip flops on. Maybe I will get me a pair..

Thanxs

Godiva:)

>Do you think I got it

>at the gym..

Probably. The transmission of athlete's foot is often associated with the high mositure levels and bare feet of gym users/athletes in a locker room. However, the fungi need to enter the individual through skin abrasions for the infection to occur.

>I always see these guys in the showers with flip

>flops on. Maybe I will get me a pair..

Not a bad idea but drying feet well can also reduce the transmission of athlete's foot.

Take care, G!:)

JT

Move to the desert.

Relative humidity where I live is low low low;

I don't have problems with fungal infections here.

Added benefits include no mildew ever, your

car interior doesn't smell much even if you

only vacuum it once every couple of years,

the bathroom mirror doesn't steam up when you

take a shower, and saltines don't go stale

if you leave them out.

Miconazole and clotrimazole are available without a prescription in the U.S. You can get generic versions at chain drug stores like Walgreen's or Duane Reade. They work somewhat better than tolnaftate, which is a somewhat older remedy. I'd use the cream at night, and the powder form in the morning when putting on socks and shoes. Helps keep your feet drier inside your shoes.

The rubber sandals at the gym might help, but that's probably only a palliative. In Brazil, everyone uses them at the baths, but if I forget and don't use an anti-fungal regularly, inevitably I come back with a case of athlete's foot. Fortunately, nobody ever died of it, to my knowledge!

These products also work for jock itch (fungus in the creases of your crotch). Both the cream and powder forms seem to be effective.

Hope this is all just an unpleasant memory soon! Rob

I used to have chronic athlete's foot fungus and would treat them with over the counter medicine which would evenually clear the problem. i would religiously follow preventative measures, but I still would have problems.

I was talking one day to a friend who uses a natural way to cure and prevent athlete's foot. This sounds disgusting but it works. While showering, you pee on your feet. I was reluctant to try it at first, but did. Seeing is believing, I have not have athletes foot now for about two years.

I know it is gross, but try it and see if it works for you. :-)

Athlete's Hand ?

>I was talking one day to a friend who uses a natural way to

>cure and prevent athlete's foot. This sounds disgusting but

>it works. While showering, you pee on your feet. I was

>reluctant to try it at first, but did. Seeing is believing,

>I have not have athletes foot now for about two years.

>

>I know it is gross, but try it and see if it works for you.

>:-)

I'm not too crazy about the idea of peeing on my feet. Don't want to piss them off, you know. Not sure whether it will work for Athlete's feet, but I perfer jerking off and cumming on my feet during shower. And if I can get an athlete to give me a hand --- oh yeah, I love Athlete's hand. Better still, try the full Athlete's HAM combo:

(1) Athlete's Hand :D

(2) Athlete's Ass :9

(3) Athlete's Mouth :o

Available in a local gym near you! ;) If you're up to it, ask for the (uncut) ham and Cheese combo. (Warning: there could be some unpleasant after-taste!) }>

JT :+

Is There A Doctor In THe House...Athlete's Foot ...Update

First off thanxs to all you serious posters on this post. I hope that if someone gets this Fungus down the line they can search this forum and read here about all the possible solutions.

As of yesterday the Fungus has gone and the itching has ceased. The Lamisil did a great job. It seemed to have dried the skin to a point where I just peeled the dead skin off.

I now own shower sandals

Thanxs Again

Godiva

Archived