Conversation With Devon

HooBoy
This topic is 7245 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I am posting this only because he insisted. I have no comment about it, cause I just don't what it is about.

Here is his exact quote:

"That doo-rag I gought as a joke had everything to do with my getting car-jacked in New Bedford as New Bedford 5-0 not only looked the other way but drove off."

As a person who has known Devon for a very long time, he sounds upbeat on the phone and actually would enjoy hearing from anyone here whom he knows.

You have to ask for him by his legal name, Doug....and the number is 508-880-9768. It is a pay phone and they will locate him.

It does not hurt to offer someone a smile and touch of kindness. He needs money, but he most likely will not ask for it.

There but for the grace of God...

> "That doo-rag I gought as a joke had everything to do with

> my getting car-jacked in New Bedford as New Bedford 5-0 not

> only looked the other way but drove off."

"Excuse me miss, I speak jive". (Barbara Billingsley, Airplane, 1980)

OK, any chance of a translation from someone more urban than myself? I sorta think I get this, but am not sure what a doo-rag is. Am also curious about the spelling of "gought".

Does this in any way shed any light on why Doug/Devon ended up being held? I am curious as to what happened as this situation has occupied so much of the M/C's attention for the last week or ten days.

--EBG

>I sorta think I get this, but am not sure what a

>doo-rag is.

One of those silly pieces of nylon cloth (usually black or white) that members of the "hip-hop generation" wrap around their heads. It reminds me of Lucy & Ethel covering up their curlers. :+

>Am also curious about the spelling of "gought".

The letter 'b' is right below the letter 'g' on your keyboard. You do the math (or the alphabet, as the case may be). :p

>doo-rag: One of those silly pieces of nylon cloth (usually black or white) that members of the "hip-hop generation" wrap around their heads.

Where I live they are used a lot by the gangs and each gang has their own color. The best rule of thumb is NOT to wear one if you're not sure what the colors mean.

In some local malls all doo-rags (regardless of color) and other gang clothing are banned. This rule was put in place after a couple of gang fights in the malls. (It didn't stop the gangs from going to the mall -- they're now just harder to identify.)

I suspect that Devon may have unknowingly worn the wrong color. Wouldn't surprise me that the police "assumed" his gang affiliation and were slow to act on his car jacking.

>>doo-rag: One of those silly pieces of nylon cloth

>(usually black or white) that members of the "hip-hop

>generation" wrap around their heads.

>

>Where I live they are used a lot by the gangs and each gang

>has their own color. The best rule of thumb is NOT to wear one

>if you're not sure what the colors mean.

>

>In some local malls all doo-rags (regardless of color) and

>other gang clothing are banned. This rule was put in place

>after a couple of gang fights in the malls. (It didn't stop

>the gangs from going to the mall -- they're now just harder to

>identify.)

>

>I suspect that Devon may have unknowingly worn the wrong

>color. Wouldn't surprise me that the police "assumed" his gang

>affiliation and were slow to act on his car jacking.

Makes sense too that somebody saw him in his "doo rag" and went after him and his car. Question is what the "New Bedford 5-0" means. I was thinking it could be the email handle of someone Devon drove to meet in New Bedford and who ended up driving off rather than helping Devon when Devon's car was stolen. Also could be the license plate or other ID for a nearby police car that did nothing to help Devon. Let's wish the guy the best, whatever is going on.

>I would guess New Bedford is a town and the 5-0 is the

>police, as in the old series "Hawaii 5/0" ????

New Bedford is indeed a city in Massachusetts (http://www.ci.new-bedford.ma.us/ for their official site) and is about 20-35 miles from Taunton where Devon is now. The "5/0" (however you punctuate it) does sound like something you could say to describe the police. So maybe what Devon told HooBoy makes sense. Perhaps his doo rag got him attacked in the first place and also kept the police away too. HooBoy --does this make sense to you, given anything else you have heard from Devon?

Archived