Mona Lisa might get a room or her own!

When I was there recently, it was a fucking mob scene. I wouldn’t go in that room if you paid me $1 million. Granted it’s not my favorite painting, but it deserves better than this. Not to mention the true masterpiece in the room, Veronese’s "The Wedding at Cana" on the opposite wall, that you can’t even get close to without wading through a sea of selfie sticks. The poor thing is being held hostage by the cult-like troglodytes worshiping the ugly bitch on the opposite wall. 

In fact, the entire museum is overrun with Mona Lisa flotsam and detritus. They’re all wandering around like zombies. They should move her to her own building. Surrender her to the tourists and return the rest of the Louvre to those of us appreciate all of it. 

18 hours ago, nycman said:

When I was there recently, it was a fucking mob scene. I wouldn’t go in that room if you paid me $1 million. Granted it’s not my favorite painting, but it deserves better than this. Not to mention the true masterpiece in the room, Veronese’s "The Wedding at Cana" on the opposite wall, that you can’t even get close to without wading through a sea of selfie sticks. The poor thing is being held hostage by the cult-like troglodytes worshiping the ugly bitch on the opposite wall. 

In fact, the entire museum is overrun with Mona Lisa flotsam and detritus. They’re all wandering around like zombies. They should move her to her own building. Surrender her to the tourists and return the rest of the Louvre to those of us appreciate all of it. 

Or have an attached room with a moving walkway, so that people can't crowd around the painting but can appreciate it as they glide past.  Similar to how people view the Crown Jewels at the Tower of London.

6 hours ago, CuriousByNature said:

Or have an attached room with a moving walkway, so that people can't crowd around the painting but can appreciate it as they glide past.  Similar to how people view the Crown Jewels at the Tower of London.

Or the penguin exhibit at Sea World in San Diego. Happy belated penguin day to all. 🐧