Marie Christine

Did anyone see"Marie Christine"? I am curious what your thoughts were. I have loved the cast recording for years and was recently thinking about the show. The cast recording is such an incredible journey, witnessing this couple plummeting toward doom. But I also know how deceptive a great cast album can be, hiding dramatic imperfections and storytelling sloppiness that sabotage shows on stage.  

In my younger years,  hearing Anthony Crivello as Dante . . . Wow. So incredibly sexy. It still is, though more "life" experience has watered down the effect. I have attached a few pictures of Crivello in the role for historic study.  

marie_christine_2_photo_by_joan_marcus__015_390h.jpg__50000x390_q85_subsampling-2.jpg

MV5BMDY2NDk0NDUtODNmYy00ZjQwLWEzYzktNzI3ZDNiMWExODRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjQwMDg0Ng@@._V1_.jpg

s-l1200 (3).webp

On 4/14/2024 at 10:36 AM, MaybeMaybeNot said:

Did anyone see"Marie Christine"? I am curious what your thoughts were. I have loved the cast recording for years and was recently thinking about the show. The cast recording is such an incredible journey, witnessing this couple plummeting toward doom. But I also know how deceptive a great cast album can be, hiding dramatic imperfections and storytelling sloppiness that sabotage shows on stage.  

In my younger years,  hearing Anthony Crivello as Dante . . . Wow. So incredibly sexy. It still is, though more "life" experience has watered down the effect. I have attached a few pictures of Crivello in the role for historic study.  

marie_christine_2_photo_by_joan_marcus__015_390h.jpg__50000x390_q85_subsampling-2.jpg

MV5BMDY2NDk0NDUtODNmYy00ZjQwLWEzYzktNzI3ZDNiMWExODRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjQwMDg0Ng@@._V1_.jpg

s-l1200 (3).webp

I  saw it with Audra McDonald

Very difficult role 

12 hours ago, nycman said:

Do you know how many things are wrong with that sentence?

grin

Yes.  Yes, I do.

But when someone pays you an obscene amount of money to sit and watch a show, you sit there and watch the damned show.

Even Phantom. 

In Vegas. 

With Crivello, who's enunciation made Patti LuPone look like a national spelling bee winner.

3 hours ago, dcguy20 said:

I saw it. I left during intermission. I'm a huge Audra fan, but even that couldn't get me to stay. 

I am a bigger Audra McDonald fan. 

At some point I may have left a show perhaps Jerry Lewis in Damn Yankees or A Anthony Perkins in Damn Yankees in summer Theater in Framingham gMassachusetts