Death of another Show Biz Legend - Barbara Rush

Barbara Rush, one of the last remaining actresses of the Golden Age of Hollywood, passed away on Easter Sunday, at age 97.

WWW.HOLLYWOODREPORTER.COM

The actress appeared in the films 'Magnificent Obsession,' 'Bigger Than Life' and 'The Young Philadelphians' and on TV's 'Peyton Place.'

IMDB lists 114 Barbara Rush movies and TV appearances during her almost 70-year career.

WWW.IMDB.COM

Known for: It Came from Outer Space, When Worlds Collide, Hombre

Bozo's favorite of her various roles was that of the evil Nora Clavicle in the 60's Batman TV series.

BTC

Edited by BOZO T CLOWN

• + BOZO T CLOWN changed the title to Death of another Show Biz Legend - Barbara Rush
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, samhexum said:

Ah, the show that made Ethel Merman famous!

Correct!
Ethel Merman portrayed the villainess Lola Lasagna during the truly bizarre Season 3 of the Batman TV series.

Tralfaz: Ethel and Yvonne

The Penguin: I knew you when you'd steal the braces from other kids teeth.
Lola Lasagna: While you stole their teeth!

BTC

Edited by BOZO T CLOWN

On 4/1/2024 at 5:55 AM, BOZO T CLOWN said:

Barbara Rush, one of the last remaining actresses of the Golden Age of Hollywood, passed away on Easter Sunday, at age 97.

WWW.HOLLYWOODREPORTER.COM

The actress appeared in the films 'Magnificent Obsession,' 'Bigger Than Life' and 'The Young Philadelphians' and on TV's 'Peyton Place.'

IMDB lists 114 Barbara Rush movies and TV appearances during her almost 70-year career.

WWW.IMDB.COM

Known for: It Came from Outer Space, When Worlds Collide, Hombre

Bozo's favorite of her various roles was that of the evil Nora Clavicle in the 60's Batman TV series.

BTC

I love the Old Hollywood glam shots of Barbara Rush, such a throwback.  While swiping through her photos, her face seemed familiar, but I couldn't remember where I saw her until I saw The Young Philadelphians stills.  Wow, I saw that movie more than 3 decades ago, but it must be true that you never forget a face.

PS:  the old Batman series was a gold mine for lovers of camp.

• 3 months later...
On 4/1/2024 at 9:05 AM, samhexum said:

Ah, the show that made Ethel Merman famous!

Ethel Merman was famous for her hot Broadway shows like Annie Get Your Gun, Gypsy 

Gershwin,  Cole Porter,  Irving Berlin, Steve  Sondheim.wrote shows for her