What's the 411 on Eureka Springs, Arkansas?

Words like 'inclusive' and 'diversity' are sprinkled about the town's visitor website. What happened to the Arkansas I used to know? (sarcasm alert!). It appears to be a hip town in the heart of the popular Ozarks country. 

WWW.VISITEUREKASPRINGS.COM

In Eureka Springs, our historic downtown, artsy vibe, and unique surroundings make for a destination unlike anything you’ve ever experienced.

Edited by azdr0710

20 hours ago, Deadlift1 said:

I have been researching this cute mountain town.  Some have called it the best tiny gay town in the US. Looks pretty nice. Housing is reasonable and so are the property taxes. has anyone ever been?  TYI

13 hours ago, azdr0710 said:

Words like 'inclusive' and 'diversity' are sprinkled about the town's visitor website. What happened to the Arkansas I used to know? (sarcasm alert!). It appears to be a hip town in the heart of the popular Ozarks country. 

WWW.VISITEUREKASPRINGS.COM

In Eureka Springs, our historic downtown, artsy vibe, and unique surroundings make for a destination unlike anything you’ve ever experienced.

I guess they're trying attract folks with their lives together to visit and preferably move there to pay taxes, spend money, etc.

Edited by marylander1940

Eureka Springs seems pretty remote.  I'm sure it's lovely for a 2-3 day visit but I would start to get fidgety after that.

The closest decent sized city is Tulsa which is more than a two hour drive from what I can tell...and Tulsa doesn't even qualify as a big city IMO.  So big city life is pretty far away if you're yearning for culture/sports/etc.