Coravin Wine Preservation Systems

nycman

https://www.coravin.com

Has any one used one of these devices at home?

For some reason, I hate having wine poured out of the spigot. Nonetheless, the reality of living alone is that I’ll never finish an entire bottle of wine solo, and my wine cellar is in serious danger of out living me. It seems a sensible solution. Any experience?

It's the industry standard system for pouring wine without exposing the bottle to oxygen. A lot of nicer wine bars and restaurants use it for the expensive wines they offer by the glass.

I'd recommend it if you got some nice bottles you want to drink without a time limit. I got one on sale and enjoy using it for something nicer that I wanna drink without drinking the whole bottle. 

On 1/30/2024 at 5:51 AM, nycman said:

https://www.coravin.com

Has any one used one of these devices at home?

For some reason, I hate having wine poured out of the spigot. Nonetheless, the reality of living alone is that I’ll never finish an entire bottle of wine solo, and my wine cellar is in serious danger of out living me. It seems a sensible solution. Any experience?

Ive used mine probably a grand total of 6 times.  I got it from QVC and as a wine lover I thought it would be useful since I live alone as well.  I think its just a waste of money and kinda gimmicky 

I looked into this system when it came out since there are nights when the SO works late (being a nurse) and I have to have my vino.  I don't remember exactly what I read, but I decided against it.  I just keep a half bottle on the counter and when I open a bottle that I know I won't finish, I pour half into that bottle and recork it.  It also keeps me from drinking more if I start loosening up as the evening goes on and might drink more if it's close at hand.

Edited by Jim_n_NYC

• 1 month later...