Those who've been to Tokyo, are there bathhouses or sexclubs to check?

12 minutes ago, newdad said:

Curious to hear recommendations 

You might want to search in the Destinations > Africa/Asia/Australia forum. There's a recent thread about Tokyo massge there. 

You might want to put your question there with a new thread name. 

8 hours ago, John Vespa said:

24 kaikan + 1

More diversed clientele. Many tourists. Get to sample different nationalities so to speak.  

Are Tokyo bathhouses pretty similar to how patrons at US bathhouses do their song and dance? Just wondering if there are certain things that are different.

7 hours ago, newdad said:

Are Tokyo bathhouses pretty similar to how patrons at US bathhouses do their song and dance? Just wondering if there are certain things that are different.

Not in my experience. The guys are there to fuck. The Shinjuku location has four floors. Bottom has lockers, wet areas, and cubicles. The upper floors are "sleeping" rooms.  Wall to wall bunks for sex. Guys go there late evening and spend the night since most trains stop running at midnight. The times I've spent the night sex goes on until very late/early.  Once guys start to fall asleep they're still open to blow jobs, pretending not to wake up.  I've also been woken up with a guys mouth on my dick many times there. 

7 minutes ago, EastbayMike said:

Not in my experience. The guys are there to fuck. The Shinjuku location has four floors. Bottom has lockers, wet areas, and cubicles. The upper floors are "sleeping" rooms.  Wall to wall bunks for sex. Guys go there late evening and spend the night since most trains stop running at midnight. The times I've spent the night sex goes on until very late/early.  Once guys start to fall asleep they're still open to blow jobs, pretending not to wake up.  I've also been woken up with a guys mouth on my dick many times there. 

Wow. Sounds like it's more intense than the western counterpart. How would you describe the guys there during your visits?

11 minutes ago, EastbayMike said:

Mostly Japanese. Mid 20s to mid 40s. 

In my experience, the "song and dance" problem is limited to US bathhouses. European,  Asian, and Latin American saunas are a lot more open and friendly. 

Can you elaborate on the "song and dance" you've experienced in the US?

If you've never been to a Japanese onsen or sauna there is a protocol too follow. The first lobby is where you take off your shoes and put them in the small lockers. Don't go to the counter with your shoes on. There are vending machines where you pay based on what you want (regular,  private room,  length of stay...). Get a ticket there and hand it to the guys at the counter. They'll give you a key for the large locker,  towels,  and onsen wear.  You'll also get flip flops which you should wear to be polite. In some places you'll see extra flip flops outside the toilet rooms. Wear them while you're taking a piss then put the other ones back on. 

In general the guys who work there are friendly unless it's really busy at the counter.  The ticket machine are bilingual. But they really hate it when westerners don't take off their shoes in the first lobby. 

31 minutes ago, EastbayMike said:

I'm sure you know.  Attitude,  detachment, afraid to return a smile....

Not taking no for an answer, staring after you’ve asked them to stop, lingering around you once you’ve made it clear you’re pursuing other opportunities. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/29/2024 at 6:18 PM, newdad said:

Curious to hear recommendations 

I spoke to someone I know who lives there and 24 Kaikan in Shinjuku Nichome is the big gay bathhouse that's mostly busy Friday and Saturday nights and Tokyo eagle blue is the big western friendly bar. Start there and see how the night goes. They have sex parties at D-light and Aisotope some weekends for events as well but you have to check Instagram as to when that is happening. My friend gave me a good tour of the things to see there and we ended up there on a weekend when the special events happened i'll ask him to link more information on here because he lives in Japan part of the year and speaks the language so he knows his share on the Tokyo vibe.

MAPS.APP.GOO.GL

★★★★★ · Gay bar
MAPS.APP.GOO.GL

★★★★☆ · Gay sauna
AISOTOPE-LOUNGE.NET

新宿二丁目の遊び場AiSOTOPE...
MAPS.APP.GOO.GL

★★★★★ · Night club

Edited by NYC_Lover

Baths (onsen) and sex clubs are two very different things in Asia.  Make sure you realize that and behave accordingly.

Japan is one of the only places I've seen discriminatory entrance behavior at gay sex clubs.  They will openly turn you away for any number of reasons, including long hair, feminine behavior, lack of muscle, tattoos, not being Asian, etc.  

It is what it is.  Just don't be shocked if they single you out and you don't get in.  Have a plan B.

4 hours ago, BenjaminNicholas said:

Baths (onsen) and sex clubs are two very different things in Asia.  Make sure you realize that and behave accordingly.

Where does bathhouse fall under between those two?