Denzel Washington’s casting as Hannibal race controversy in Tunisia!

WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

Tunisian media and members of Parliament have made public complaints about the famed Black American actor's playing the ancient Carthaginian general Hannibal.

the same happened with Cleopatra... racism is not only from whites to others but even among Africans some want to make sure their skin is not as dark. 

18 hours ago, mike carey said:

And notably, the Tunisian Culture Minister is not concerned about his being cast in the role. Storm in a tea cup.

I don't what qualifies the Tunisian Culture Minister for having the final say on the issue.  But I do know she is negotiating with Netflix for some of the shooting to be done in Tunisia.  Politics, don'tcha know.

6 hours ago, BSR said:

I don't what qualifies the Tunisian Culture Minister for having the final say on the issue.  But I do know she is negotiating with Netflix for some of the shooting to be done in Tunisia.  Politics, don'tcha know.

I didn't suggest she had the final say about anything, but rather that her opinion is relevant to discussion of the issue. And there are financial reasons for wanting to have some of the spending on the project occur in Tunisia, as well as the nationalist desire for it to be filmed there, if only in part. Oh, and the political cachet for having been the one who pulled off any deal. Even at a financial cost to the Tunisian treasury.